Tallapoosa River Electric [10/8/2013]
ELECTRIC UTILITY JOURNEYMAN LINEMAN
Tallapoosa River Electric, a member-owned Cooperative headquartered in Lafayette, Alabama, is accepting applications for the position of Journeyman Lineman in our Fort Mitchell office location. The successful candidate should possess 3-5 years demonstrated experience as a Journeyman Lineman who performs all necessary activities in the construction and maintenance of energized and de-energized overhead and URD distribution lines and substations.
· Must have a comprehensive knowledge of Electricity, NEC, NESC, 1910.269, OSHA Rules, and RUS Construction Units
· High School Diploma or the equivalent and successful completion of TVPPA or Equivalent Accredited Power Line Apprenticeship Program.
· Ability and willingness to climb poles, move about rough terrain and construction sites, lift transformers, poles, wire or other equipment weighing up to 100 LBS, see well enough to read test material/tables, hear well enough to comprehend oral instructions, use of hands and fingers to write, draw and manipulate equipment, with or without reasonable accommodation.
· Mechanical aptitude
· First Aid/CPR Certification and be able to safely perform a Pole Top Rescue
· Meet driver qualification requirements including having a current DOT Medical Card and a valid Class-A CDL.
· Post-offer background check, applicant testing, drug screen, and physical required.
· Verbal skills to communicate clearly with supervisors, crew members and consumers regarding technical, service or safety information
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all Supervisors, Coworkers, and Consumers
· Willing to learn and follow operations policies and working procedures
· Willing to take a rotation in “On-Call”, willing to work overtime, emergencies, holidays and weekends, as requested
· Willing to participate in job safety and other training programs including First Aid/CPR Certification, and Pole Top Rescue and have a demonstrated commitment to work productively and safely in an energetic, friendly, team-oriented manner
· Some travel may be required for training, responding to national disasters or for other reasons
· Other duties as may be required from time to time
· Willing to reside within 20 miles of the Fort Mitchell office.
· Competitive Benefits Package, Salary commensurate with experience
· Complete job description available at interview
E-Mail Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call Terrie at (800)332-8732 ext 722