PDA

View Full Version : Another Lineman Gone

TXsplitbolt
04-19-2006, 08:51 PM
4-15-06 Stephen Kent Smith OF rusk co. coop was killed 43 years young May GOD be with his Family

lightningrod
04-23-2006, 11:09 AM
Sorry to hear of the loss of a brother lineman, do you have any details on what happened to him TXsplitbolt?

topgroove
04-23-2006, 01:45 PM
Cushing man dies in electrical accident

The Daily Sentinel

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Stephen Kent Smith, 43, of Cushing died as result of an electrical accident while working for Rusk County Electric Co-op on Saturday.

The accident happened in a rural area in southwest Panola County close to the Rusk county line.

He was an employee for Rusk County Electric Co-op for 24 years.

The cause of the fatality is still under investigation by the Panola County Sheriff's Office and it will likely take a few days to determine what happened, according to Ricki Keeling, manager of member services for Rusk County Electric Co-op.

Smith had been dispatched on a "trouble call," which is usually a power outage, Keeling said. There were no witnesses to the accident, he said.

The funeral for Smith will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday at the Dickie Allen Funeral Home Chapel in Cushing.

Smith leaves behind his wife of 20 years, Tammy Smith, and two daughters, April and Amber Smith.

Trampbag
04-23-2006, 04:03 PM
Damn, this is getting to be epidemic.

Prayers to the family.

lightningrod
04-23-2006, 09:11 PM
My thought's are with his family, friends and co-workers, as Trampbag stated this is getting way out of hand.

mscheuerer
04-24-2006, 10:41 AM
Another sad day for a fallen brother. Based on what I have read (which is very little) http://www.ktre.com/Global/story.asp?S=4780561 it looks like he MAY have been victim to either a possible fall or touch (shock) potential. The information is very cloudy with little fact except for the landowner "hearing" something then calling the authorities. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

safetyfirst05
04-25-2006, 04:13 PM
I worked with Kent for a couple of years RCEC. He was a great person and lineman. The accident details have not been released as of yet, but I can say he made contact with a 14,400 volt line while on a trouble call. Keep his family and the Cooperative in your thoughts and prayers.
I will make available all details when I hear them.

Keep Em Safe !

rusty
05-04-2006, 09:21 AM
Our prayers are with all!!!