PDA

View Full Version : Progress Energy Employees

riverhog14
06-16-2006, 05:57 PM
I just applied on the 10th for a groundman position that closed on the 11th. I didnt fax my resume until the 13th. Do you think that'll be ok? How long did you wait until you found out you were getting interviewed?

edski104
06-20-2006, 05:30 PM
what yard? if you were late you should get an interview for the position,we need the help here in st. pete. do you like working alot of overtime? i hope so. we need kids who like to work,are fast learners ,fast on their feet, and quick upstairs too. fearless helps too. so does stupid,sometimes. and careful,nervous, cautious,and exacting. does this sound like you?? welcome home.

riverhog14
06-20-2006, 07:28 PM
sounds just like me! I applied for Winter Garden and Apopka. St. Pete area is a long drive for me, but Ill give it some consideration. I see quite a few openings for Clearwater. I really want this.

edski104
06-21-2006, 05:04 PM
sounds like a good idea to me. both yards have lots to do and some really good guys in them. you could dp a lot worse. clearwater is a good yard too, just too many suits hang around there for my taste, i'll just end up shooting my mouth off to someone i shouldn't. but,by all mean's if it gets you in the door,son, come on, we do need good,hard working,dedicated people. we will teach you all we can,all we ask is for an open mind. we'll fill it up with everything we can. good luck and i hope you ace the tests. if you need any help,i'm here and so are a bunch of other hands with plenty of time, some with lots more than me,but 28 years is just getting started. but anytime son,anytime.

lineman641
06-21-2006, 06:08 PM
sounds just like me! I applied for Winter Garden and Apopka. St. Pete area is a long drive for me, but Ill give it some consideration. I see quite a few openings for Clearwater. I really want this.
travel where you have too get your foot in the door. it will pay off later..way to go hog!!

Nick Bob
06-29-2006, 11:34 PM
Anybody know anything about the Substation test

riverhog14
06-30-2006, 10:05 PM
For substation electrician apprentice, its the CAST test, same as for lineman apprentice. they have practice tests, go to there website. Also, theres currently 3 substation electrician apprentice openings!!

hot stick grinch
07-06-2006, 04:08 PM
For substation electrician apprentice, its the CAST test, same as for lineman apprentice. they have practice tests, go to there website. Also, theres currently 3 substation electrician apprentice openings!!do yoy have a web address for the cast (practice test) thanks hot stick grinch

JustClimbIt
07-07-2006, 12:44 AM
www.eei.org/practicetests
Thats the web site...you might also need a user login name and password...if you do PM me...unless anyone else has more info on it.

riverhog14
07-09-2006, 08:25 PM
username: progress
password: practice