PDA

View Full Version : IBEW waiting list

new_app
06-21-2006, 10:41 PM
howdy folks. I was just wondering about IBEW's waiting list for an apprenticeship. do people actually stay on it for two years? I got a letter from them, but all it says is that I'm on the list and that if I don't get placed in two years I'll be taken off. are there that many people waiting?

42linehand
06-22-2006, 06:44 PM
Who did you apply for this position through? Was it through the NJATC or just through the IBEW. Was it for an inside or outside job? Either way the wait may take up to 2 years but it isnt that likely up in my area.

new_app
06-24-2006, 01:45 AM
NJATC--outside

I'm just surprised that with all the demand for linework that there is such a long line for apprenticeship. Have any idea how the rankings on the list work? It would be nice if they could say how many people are before you or something.

42linehand
06-24-2006, 05:38 PM
If you took the test and had an interview you should be able to call and ask where you stand on the list. Remeber it is a floating list so if someone after you scores higher than you they will be put ahead of you. It doesnt make a difference when they tested. Keep your head up and dont give up. This is one of the best professions in the world.

new_app
06-26-2006, 09:45 AM
One's status on the list is apparently secret info. My guess is that list jumping occurs just like jobs for regular IBEW members (at least for inside wiremen in the Boston area).