PDA

View Full Version : bulliton

scammy
07-15-2006, 08:48 PM
at dayton power and light we parallel transformers ,,,,,,,,I have asked managment to inform contractors of this practise,,,,,,,,, dont know what the big deal is about this ,,,not too hard to inform workers?,,,,,,,,,,however another injury as resulted.I hope he lives,,,,,,God help us all........scammy

tramp67
07-17-2006, 10:45 PM
I've run across parallelled transformers all over the country working for contractors, and I guess I just took it for granted that linemen take the time to follow out a line they are working on, be it primary or secondary, to understand what the system is and where the source(s) are coming from. I don't know what happened in Dayton, but it sounds like someone dropped the ball if someone got hurt by not knowing something they were working on involved parallelled transformers.

loodvig
07-18-2006, 07:29 AM
Are you paralleling overhead cans or underground cans? Or both? Just wondering.

scammy
07-30-2006, 02:52 PM
both not so much ,,URD cans

dbrown20
07-30-2006, 04:24 PM
Worked on a property once where pots were routinely paralleled. Always was aware of this and always shorted out the secondary after opening a pot. Have to be alert in this business you know. dbrown20

dbrown20
07-30-2006, 04:26 PM
Worked on a property once where pots were routinely paralleled. Always was aware of this and always shorted out the secondary after opening a pot. Even now I always short out a pot if it's got open wire on it. Have to be alert in this business you know. dbrown20