PDA

View Full Version : Taking CAST test...anything I should know?

danbutter
08-10-2006, 11:44 AM
Well I was lucky enough to be chosen by GA power to test for one of their apprenticeships.
The test I have to take is the CAST. Well at least the first one is.

I have the login info to eei.org and the practice test already.

I was wondering if anyone here has some info that you can't get from the practice test that they would be willing to share with me.

Or anything more specific to GA power/southern companies and their hiring process.

any info is appreciated.

thanks

CAM
08-26-2006, 05:20 PM
The practice test that you get online is a very good representation of what the actual test consists of. Just remember "It's better to answer a few and have them all right, than answering them all and having a few wrong".
GOOD LUCK.

danbutter
08-26-2006, 05:59 PM
thanks for the input.

It is greatly appreciated.

danbutter
09-25-2006, 02:44 PM
Well after taking and passing it (It was easier than I thought it was going to be) I have to say the advice that CAM gave me is about the best I can give.

It is very similar to the practice test and they tell you specifically that it is better to get more right than more done.

The only thing I can complain about is that some of the drawings were such that you can't tell what they mean by the questions...I couldn't anyway. I guess my perception of the pictures could be different than most.
It is like those optical illusions where you can see something one way and it looks like it is coming toward you, but you can look at it another way and it seems like it is going away from you.
Regardless I either guessed right or it wasn't enough to fail me.

So if you have to take this test, just study the practice tests and the type of things they require you to do and you will be fine.

lineman barn
09-26-2006, 06:34 AM
CAM gave you excellent advice. Sorry I didn't see your post earlier. I used to administer that test for Florida Power Corp......it can be a booger for some folks.

vick6969
10-25-2006, 08:20 PM
I was just wondering how they grade you on this.DOyou pass a section if you answer 1 question in that section and answer it right. Or is there a number you have to git right in it section. Just wondering. I go this saterday.