PDA

View Full Version : New Trade Certificate

Squizzy
09-02-2006, 09:24 PM
Hi Guys,
well i hit the end of the road for my appentiship as a linesman i graduated on Friday and got my trade certificate. Its my second apprentiship as i am an electrician as well so to all you others that are doing your apprentiship or planning to GO FOR IT! you won't look back and to the guy who was an Electrician looking at doing a linesman apprentiship, do it the level of multi skilling will make you even more employable and promotable especially if your apprentiship includes cable splicing as ours does

Koga
09-04-2006, 06:34 AM
Congratulations are in order !!! Keep on learning ;)

Koga

Squizzy
09-08-2006, 10:07 AM
Yep thanks mate i will keep learning looking at now doing a Diploma in Electrical engineering. Got to do something to keep me occupied. Handed my notice in today giving 2 weeks before I resign as I am going to work elsewhere and its looking pretty good......

Trampbag
09-08-2006, 07:22 PM
Congratulations mate! Good luck in your new job and even good luck achieving your degree in electrical engineering.

Just think, a lineman who is an engineer! I might even get along with you after your graduation day! Me getting along with an engineer, what a novel idea. :eek:

Myself, personally, I received my trades qualification (completed my apprenticeship according to the government) in 1977. Since then I have continually served my real apprenticeship.

I’m still learning, I just don’t get surprised quite as much as I used to.

Squizzy
09-11-2006, 10:04 AM
I have always said that engineers should have some experience on the tools before they try and tell you what to do from behind a desk. When i was building switch yards one particular engineer asked me what i was installing? My reply was " its the 132kV Current Transformer your drawing asks for here"... It was pretty sarcastic but he honestly had no idea what it was and i thought he was joking :confused: ...