PDA

View Full Version : Davis H elliot

linemanswife98
10-18-2006, 08:53 PM
Having been the wife of a five year lineman with Elliott you hear and see alot of things not just from your husbands but from other workers also, the managment of elliott are only out for them selves they have no second thought to these guys out there risking their lives to do these jobs and then they complain because they do not work fast enough or they are not productive enough you can not have it both ways and be safe not only that elliott's equipment is long over due for the boneyard it is wore out but nobody cares as long as those numbers are up and managements pockets are getting padded with bonuses that is all that matters. It is time that Lineman and their families stand up to them and anybody out their in the mountain region knows who I am talking about, we need to demand that our families are taken care of and they have the right stuff to work with before there are more fatalaties. Elliott needs to treat their men right not the bs talking managment that have no clue. The only reason 1 of them are where they are at is becaused he kissed butt till he got right where he wanted to be and the worst part is he started out as a lineman. Wouldn't you think he could have some compassion having been there before Very peed off wife :mad:

I would just like to add that I am not refering to Jeff Wilson I think he is there for the men

Lnemn's Mom
10-18-2006, 10:01 PM
The number for men being killed or injured in the line of work is mounting. I believe the current count is maybe 27 killed and 37 injured, and those are just the ones we know about. I'm sure there are those we don't. The only way we can change this is if everyone sticks together and fights for the rights of the workers and their families. Contractors are underbidding each other every day and the pressure is on for more production, less safety measures. Men who are untrained are put in the position of doing jobs they shouldn't. The crew members are intimidated (fear of losing their jobs) if they speak out. The company has, I believe 24 hours (and don't hold me on that, but they don't have to notify OSHA immediately) to contact OSHA. OSHA is understaffed, and there was only one investigator with OSHA who was trained in electrical line work, I believe that he was in line work prior to becoming an OSHA employee, and he has retired. When an accident occurs, the crew "foreman" notifies the company, which in turn calls in their attorneys to go to the worksite and talk to the employees. They are told at that point NOT TO DISCUSS THE ACCIDENT WITH ANYONE and the men generally comply. It is imperative that the family of the injured (or killed) worker contact Rusty ASAP. I say this with much disgust, as everyone hollers about the Plaintiff attorneys hitting the site like a bunch of buzzards (but, what about their attorneys that they have on retainer? I guess they don't count) If the companies were to train the men properly, not demand the men to cut corners, and expect production over safety, then there would be no need for plaintiff attorneys OR Rusty's group. But, that's not going to happen. Those of you who have information regarding any accident in which a co-worker was killed or seriously injured, I beg of you, please either contact the family, or contact Rusty. I'm sure he would help with your name being kept out of it, if that is what you want. The families are not expecting a handout. They have lost a family member, the family bread winner..... It could just as easy be your family. How would you like to see them treated. Being faced to either lose their home, go without food, worry from one day to the next as to how they will make it. Let alone, not to mention the loss - which no compensation in the world can bring the beloved family member back. Loyalty should go both ways. That is what is wrong with companies today. They look at the workforce as another porshe(?sp) or summer home. No, they are not, they are the backbone of our great country. Until we begin treating them as such and show some compassion for our fellow workers, and yes, their families, this great country is in sad shape.

linemanswife98
10-19-2006, 09:05 AM
you are right the men are afraid to speak out but like we have thought about who cares anymore Elliott's bigwigs does not care about our families so why should we care about their company the 2 main managers running that show in kentucky are jokes they have no clue except what house, car, boat or new toy they are going to get to buy with these bonus's they get from our men putting thier lives on the line with the push for productivity and lack in saftey issues. I am sorry about your son but the only thing we can do now is push it to the point that it does not happen again. My husband has recently left them and I am the happiest wife on earth for I do not have to fear that he has to put up with thier bs anymore.

lewisgwen2
11-06-2006, 04:08 AM
you are right the men are afraid to speak out but like we have thought about who cares anymore Elliott's bigwigs does not care about our families so why should we care about their company the 2 main managers running that show in kentucky are jokes they have no clue except what house, car, boat or new toy they are going to get to buy with these bonus's they get from our men putting thier lives on the line with the push for productivity and lack in saftey issues. I am sorry about your son but the only thing we can do now is push it to the point that it does not happen again. My husband has recently left them and I am the happiest wife on earth for I do not have to fear that he has to put up with thier bs anymore.
Thank you and your husband for all your help my prayers were answered we got the answer from osha we were waiting on i no sundays not a good day to call ppl but i was in a ohio have been since friday . what happen to my boy is now clear the man stood up and said what happen he is getting metal help for what happen and osha is now sending it to our lawyer thank you again although it is not a prayer answered as far as having my baby but I now no they are some good men out there which i never did not believe. I can now no prayer and god does work which iI nevr lost the faith good luck to you and your husband and daughter just no now he will be safe amen. :)