PDA

View Full Version : Opportunities in the UK

22900013A
10-19-2006, 12:48 PM
Just wondered if anyone had any advice on getting into the power industry in the UK. I currently work in an admin role for an SSE subcompany, but would dearly love to do overhead line work...I have been told by SSE that they sometimes do trianing courses on an ad hoc basis, and central networks seem to only do apprenticeships (well thats what they have told me)

Can anyone send me a few pointers? I actually live in yorkshire but can move wherever as I don't really have any ties.

Thanks,
Dan.

bigfoot
11-07-2006, 04:37 PM
Just wondered if anyone had any advice on getting into the power industry in the UK. I currently work in an admin role for an SSE subcompany, but would dearly love to do overhead line work...I have been told by SSE that they sometimes do trianing courses on an ad hoc basis, and central networks seem to only do apprenticeships (well thats what they have told me)

Can anyone send me a few pointers? I actually live in yorkshire but can move wherever as I don't really have any ties.

Thanks,
Dan.
Dan would told you this was a wanker this not true. we are doing trainingnow and next year we will be doing another two of 20 or so trainee's . but for qualfication we run 232 and hnc and hnc course as well so also the company will give proff of trainning if not I do not know how the 42 linemen got to go down under. So let me know if you need help give a ring on 50453 interanl . oh by the way my name is Martin Bowen

22900013A
12-27-2006, 04:52 PM
Dan would told you this was a wanker this not true. we are doing trainingnow and next year we will be doing another two of 20 or so trainee's . but for qualfication we run 232 and hnc and hnc course as well so also the company will give proff of trainning if not I do not know how the 42 linemen got to go down under. So let me know if you need help give a ring on 50453 interanl . oh by the way my name is Martin Bowen

Hi Martin,
I have seen on the internal opps site that there is to be training in Scotland - VERY tempting and *exactly* the sort of work i want to do, but the missus will not move so far north. I see there is a jointer/fitter scheme in the south (portsmouth, swindon, etc) and have applied, but its not exactly the right area - if you could send me any other stuff please let me know. Drop me a PM if you like or email onetonlandrover@yahoo.co.uk sorry it took so long to reaply to your post, only just got the internat back.
Cheers,
Dan.