PDA

View Full Version : Also considering a lineman career

hawkeyeaz1
10-24-2006, 05:31 PM
Hey

I don't know anyone who is a linesman, but while job searching I found Dominion Power (Virginia area) is offering a scholarship (http://www.dom.com/news/elec2006/pr1017.jsp) to pay for everything for people to attend Lineman College in NW Georgia for the 15 week course. I am looking for a good job, and everything I see here looks great, and I am considering contacting Domion for more information. Im young (23), soon to be married, so Im wondering what input you guys may have to offer. I've looked at the other two threads from people considering the career. Any input will be appreciated. Thanks!

smccoy
11-07-2006, 02:50 PM
So all of your homework, read all of the "threads" here and make an informed choose, this is something that you need to talk over with your wife to be. She needs to know what this job is all about. My son is an apprentice, he is 24 with 2 children and one on the way his father was just killed on the job Sept 28. Jim McCoy was 46 year old and had been a lineman for 28 years, it was the only life he knew. He was killed by an unsafe co-worker, please read and lurn that this is a very hard job on your family.
Sherri McCoy

hillbilly
11-10-2006, 10:15 AM
Hey dude, I would encourage any young fella to seriously consider this.I been married fourteen years,got three beautiful daughters and love my wife as much today as I did that day in May we tied the knot.However I am a rare find in this life,and contribute it all to my faith.I travel all over the country and have met hundreds of darn good Linemen but I know maybe six or seven that have been married longer than five years. That should not however discourage you from seeking the prize I hold so dear and sweat and bleed for so long ago,my very own I.B.E.W. indorsed,federaly recognized V.A. approved,Jouneyman Lineman Ticket.So now,if you got the guts and sense about ya,even though you aint from Tennessee,go get em tiger.And for the record I insist you spell Lineman correctly not linesman this will save you untold greif in the future.