PDA

View Full Version : Lineman training

adamr_41
01-26-2007, 11:20 PM
Hey guys, I was wondering if anybody out there might know where I can take some training courses on Regulators and Electronic reclosers. The company I work for started paying for any extra training that we want to go through.(they left it up to us to find the school.) And I thought it would be a good idea to be refreshed on a few subjects. I live in Eastern Ky. and any help would be appreciated.

hillbilly
01-27-2007, 01:19 PM
Get a'hold of T.V.P.P.A. in Chattanooga,TN those guys train on alot of different apparatuses.

adamr_41
01-27-2007, 11:32 PM
Thanks...Do you have their website?

playtime
01-28-2007, 12:06 PM
Below are some of the topics that were used for training lineman on regulators and electonic OCR's. I would think if you contacted any of the sales people in your area they would be able to do something similar. Border States in the upper midwest has good support that will come out and train also.

SESSION VII
REGULATOR MAINTENANCE AND TESTING
Harvest Room
GENERAL SESSION
Tuesday, January 18, 2005
1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Wednesday, January 19, 2005
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Thursday, January 20, 2005
8:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon
1) Program Content:
This program is designed to be for students with basic knowledge of regulators. We will be presenting the use and operation of electronic control panels and the connection to SCADA systems.
Introduction to regulators; Discussion on the fundamentals of General Electric Regulator operations from the beginning to present day;
A) Basic Regulator Operation
1. Regulator Overview
2. Windings
3. Nameplate
B) Control Interface
C) Position Indicator
D) Operation on the System
E) Maximum Ratings
1. Short Circuits
2. External Arrestors
3. Overloading
F) Troubleshooting
G) Maintenance
H) Electrical Testing
I) Regulator Controls
J) Basic Control Settings
K) Advanced Control Settings
L) New GE-2011 Electronic Controls
M) GE-2011 Control Programming
1. Load Software on PC
2. Program GE-2011 Controls
N) Retrofit
O) Product Service
1. Review of the General Electric Organization
Instructors: Dick Blackburn, General Electric Industrial Systems, Senior Regulator Engineer
John Johnson, General Electric Industrial Systems Transmission & Distribution System Sales