PDA

View Full Version : Important Message For Your Health

old lineman
02-08-2007, 09:08 PM
I realize that this area is for safety meeting material but I think this somehow fits.
Being older and having high cholesterol I, like thousands of others was taking Lipitor. I was extremely interested in a long article on the perils of statins.
I was experiencing weakness in my legs and feeling generally lousy.
This article sheds lots of light on the subject for those who are not happy with the side effects.
You can find the article on the web site, webmaster@westonaprice.org
The title is:
DANGERS OF STATIN DRUGS: What You Haven't Been Told About Popular Chloresterol Lowering Medicines
I have taken myself off of this drug, after reading this article you may decide to do the same.
If you do I'll tell you what I am doing now if interested.
The Old Lineman

loodvig
02-09-2007, 06:57 AM
I am also on Lipitor and am also having leg problems. But the link you posted is an email address! I would like to read it so please correct it. Thanks

rpcenter78
02-09-2007, 08:35 AM
Ask your doctor about Pravachol. It is great and no side effects with grapefruit.

thrasher
02-09-2007, 11:46 AM
I was put on a statin (zocor) for a short time but had lots of side effects so they moved me to Zetia. This blocks absorption rather than messing with the liver. Cholesterol was tested a month ago at 143 which is within plus or minus five or what it's been for 4 years. Before the medicine I was running 185. By the way for people who have already had a heart attack (like me) they lower the numbers they want for total cholesterol.

old lineman
02-09-2007, 03:49 PM
I am also on Lipitor and am also having leg problems. But the link you posted is an email address! I would like to read it so please correct it. Thanks

Sorry if I messed you up. My wife the RN found this.
I just went online and found it myself.
It's a long informative article that will scare the sh*t out of you.
All statins have the same end result whether it's Lipitor, Zocor, Mevacor or Pravachol.
Here's how you find it.
info@westonaprice.org Once on their site, there is a Google box on the right side of the page type in 'statin drugs' and you will bring up the article along with many others
Click on the one with the title;;; Dangers of Statin Drugs: What You Haven't Been Told About Popular Cholestrol-Lowering Medicines
I don't think this information should be ignored. I no longer take statins. The Vitamin Store and CVS Pharmacy have alternatives which are natural products. I'm sure they all do. Chemicals always have side effects.
I think that if these drugs affect the muscles in you legs they have to also be harming your heart muscles. Drugs can't isolate one set of muscles from another.
Good luck.
The Old Lineman

tramp67
02-09-2007, 11:02 PM
My dad has been having a bowl of oatmeal for breakfast every day since his heart attack, and his cholesterol levels are much lower than before his heart attack - about 15 years ago. He doesn't take any other medications. I don't know much about the subject, but just a thought to toss out there.......

billg
02-10-2007, 05:26 AM
Try googling Weston A Price. You'll get to the foundation's web site. Then search statins. It is a long article, but very informative. Lot's of other interesting articles on there, too.

BigClive
02-10-2007, 02:35 PM
The website is probably:-
http://www.westonaprice.org/

Looks slightly quacky to me. Remember there are a lot of quack site on the Internet that hype you up into a frenzy about some random condition that seems to have have some generic symptoms that we all have, then sells you a "cure".

As always, just use common sense.

loodvig
02-18-2007, 08:45 PM
I stopped taking Lipitor the day I read this post. I have to say my legs feel stronger and I no longer have the weak feelings either! Now I have to find something else to keep my cholesterol down. I already do the oatmeal thing.

old lineman
02-19-2007, 08:08 PM
I stopped taking Lipitor the day I read this post. I have to say my legs feel stronger and I no longer have the weak feelings either! Now I have to find something else to keep my cholesterol down. I already do the oatmeal thing.

I to am retired and am spending the winter in an RV park in Florida.
Many, many people are doing the same. It's kind of a little rebellion.
I am currently taking a product called Cholest Solutions.
This product is from Vitamin World and if you are a senior citizen you can purchase them on the first Monday and Tuesday of each month, buy one get one free.
I also purchased Red Yeast Rice because it can also contribute to cholesterol control.
After I took it I noticed that my heart was just pounding. I mean pounding, it scared me.
I stopped taking it and returned it. It may be OK for others but not me.
I checked at CVS Pharmacy and they also have a similar product. I imagine most do.
I also feel much better.
Good Luck!
The Old Lineman

duckhunter
02-26-2007, 03:44 PM
You know the one thing about this whole cholesterol thing is that cholesterol is a natural anti-oxidant. I thought we were supposed to eat food high in anti-oxidants. Also, People on statins do not have a lower incident rate of heart attacks. I was taking Lipitor but it bothered my knees.