PDA

View Full Version : Bonneville Power or Western Power

Festus
02-19-2007, 09:07 PM
Anybody out there work for Bonneville or Western Power? Im thinking about applying for there apprentice program and was wondering if anyone out there works for one of these companies?

jimmyjames
02-19-2007, 09:23 PM
I saw on BPA's website about a month ago that BPA in Kalispell MT was looking for an apprentice. Don't know if it's still open or how hard it is to get in. The journyman that I work with says thay have great benefits being government and all, other than that I don't no much more about them. Good Luck.

dbrown20
02-22-2007, 08:38 AM
Worked for WAPA in the 70's. It a regular civil service job with all civil service benefits of course.

They're IBEW at WAPA and I believe the local is L.U. 1759. Strictly transmission maintenance. Where I worked it was 34.5 KV to 230 KV. They did bare hand work when I was there.

This was an area called The North Platte Project. They did not hire apprentices when I was there,only journeymen. I do remember 2 guys who had went through an apprenticeship there though. I don't think you would get any distribution experience.

On the photo page there is a photo entitled 115 KV arm change out. That is the very same crew I worked on. We were out of Gering,Neb.

Some of the other locations and also Bonneville have much higher voltages. dbrown20