PDA

View Full Version : Fellow Lineman burned in Ontario Canada

LEAFMAN
03-02-2007, 11:11 PM
A lineman working for Enwin Utlities working in the Windsor Ontario area suffered burns to shoulders and upper back while installing new hydro lines. A non-energized conductor came in contact with an energized 16,000 volt line. He is believed to be in the flash area, not by electrical contact. The accident is still being investigated, but there were strong winds gusting about 55 km/h and equipment failure is also being looked at.

tramp67
03-03-2007, 12:06 AM
My thoughts and wishes for a full and speedy recovery for our Brother.

Budda
03-10-2007, 07:04 PM
My wishes go out to him and his family.

Does anyone know who it is. I have a couple of fellow lineman working up there. I don't want to start calling and work everyboby up.

hantzr
03-12-2007, 06:53 AM
This is out of The Windsor Star

Dean Morgan, a longtime company employee, was in the bucket of a truck in an alley in the rear of the 900 block of Parent Avenue at around 10:50 a.m. when a non-energized conductor wire came in contact with an energized 16,000-volt conductor wire.

Doctors believe Morgan was injured by a flash explosion that resulted from two wires touching and not electrical current, Kosnik said Thursday afternoon.

scammy
03-12-2007, 09:39 PM
how is he?

BigClive
03-13-2007, 03:53 PM
At least it was just flash. I know that the flash itself carries a lot of metal (and potentially current!) which makes for serious and painful burns, but it's got to have been a better outcome than an electrical contact.