PDA

View Full Version : Ape jobs

electric squirrel
03-15-2007, 05:05 PM
Get on the internet look up EXCEL energy (texas locations) and city of Shata Lake in northern California,I heard they have some apprentice jobs right now....E.S.:cool:

creepingcharlie
03-16-2007, 10:30 PM
Man these all sound like great opportunities. I wish I had enrolled in to NLC a lot early so I could apply for these jobs. All of them are looking for candidates that have some kind of schooling or trade experience. Hope there will be some jobs openings like this when I complete my schooling. Cant wait.:D

PA BEN
03-16-2007, 10:48 PM
These are from www.nwppa.org Job mart-linecrews

suddsy
03-16-2007, 11:08 PM
Need experience or a little education. nothin says you want to learn linework like bieng a grunt with an application into the JATC. NLC is great for trade familiarity but if you want to hit the ground runnin ( I literally mean runnin) sign the books to grunt, pay attention, and remember " if your the dumbest guy on the crew you damn well better be the hardest workin." that will get you to the bank with a big fat paycheck in no time.

creepingcharlie
03-16-2007, 11:45 PM
I have already gone to CalNevJATC and got interviewed but was not chosen they said that in need to get some kind of ed or on the job training. Thats why I have chosen to attend NLC. I have not sign the books yet as it is about a 4 hour drive and it hard to get a week day off. The last person I talk to that did sign the books said that they have about a years wait. I don't know if that true or not but I do need to get off my lazy a$$ and sign on.:D

electric squirrel
03-17-2007, 10:17 AM
Charlie you are aware that we have 2 halls in Ca. that you can sign at.Vacaville
and Riverside,plus at the north hall (Vacaville) you sign the books and you can call in to resign the next time,you dont NEED to keep driving over there.Anyway
you keep calling the jatc and bugging Armando,so your name is in the back of his mind,work IS going to bust loose here in Ca real soon,and a little birdie told me that the jatc is going to put the rush on the climbing schools so they can keep up the demand for ape's.E.S.:cool:

suddsy
03-17-2007, 11:19 AM
Yeah man keep bugging armando. at NLC I know that every instructor there will help you interview. my personal advice on the interview is that you want to come off as confident not cocky. Highlight your skills and how hard you work to get those skills as well as how hard you work on your weaknesses. Dont let them keyhole you with the standard five questions and out the door. when they ask ( the interview board) if you have any questions say something on your behalf. lay it all on the line, tell them that you dream about linework. and it helps to walk the walk. be the first one in class every morning, Be the last one to leave. be working all the time in the middle. It will show and at the end of your term you might get a big fancy award. alot of people will probably tell you that those awards dont matter but in the interview room any sort of award recognition etc. is worth its weight in gold. In your class you want to be top dog, never talk about yourself, help other people. when the guys on your crew start looking at you for the answers, you know that your doing the right thing. Dont try to be a leader, when people look at you for the answers you will know you already are one.

creepingcharlie
03-18-2007, 07:23 PM
ES, I know that there is two halls and the one down south is about 6 hours away. I live in central Cali so it is a drive no matter what one I go to. Like I said before I need to just do it no excuses. I won't start NLC intel July and finish in October. My plan was to reapply to CalNevJATC if I don't find something right out of school.

Suddsy, Well I did make it past there five ?. I also told them what I think I could do with this opportunity and why I want to become a lineman. But I think my down fall was my driving record not so good I got DUI about 2 years ago, at the time of the interview it had been only a year and they made a pretty big deal about that.