PDA

View Full Version : How To Sign The Ibew Book?

robjo
03-25-2007, 03:21 PM
How do I sign the books at my local IBEW? I called and they said I needed a work card. What is a work card?
I worked with a non unoin contractor for six months and my Foreman was the best I have ever seen. Well I was terminated just before Christman and have been trying to get back into the field.
When I let go my Foreman and Lineman told me try ALBAT. They both had went there and said the Apprentice Program was better than the one offered at the contractor where I was working. They also said I would get a fair with the Unoin because the Ape Instructor was more wooried about getting his family members hired and into apprenticeship than training everybody else.
I have six months as a grunt and want to seriously learn my groundwork befroe I move into apprenticeship. I have all my own tools and climbing tools also. Plus a great desire to learn this trade.
Well I'm rambling on. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Till then I'll still be gruntin.

KingRat
03-25-2007, 07:38 PM
How do I sign the books at my local IBEW? I called and they said I needed a work card. What is a work card?
I worked with a non unoin contractor for six months and my Foreman was the best I have ever seen. Well I was terminated just before Christman and have been trying to get back into the field.
When I let go my Foreman and Lineman told me try ALBAT. They both had went there and said the Apprentice Program was better than the one offered at the contractor where I was working. They also said I would get a fair with the Unoin because the Ape Instructor was more wooried about getting his family members hired and into apprenticeship than training everybody else.
I have six months as a grunt and want to seriously learn my groundwork befroe I move into apprenticeship. I have all my own tools and climbing tools also. Plus a great desire to learn this trade.
Well I'm rambling on. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Till then I'll still be gruntin.
Don't bother signin- Go to JCR UTILITY.COM They will train you- Hey loodvig hows that retirement stuff?:D

racinsprintz10
03-25-2007, 09:40 PM
www.albat.org. The website tells you which locals ALBAT trains. I would start calling around to these locals and getting info ASAP. You will learn the groundwork in your apprenticeship so I wouldnt wait. If you were impressed by the hands trained by ALBAT, that should be reason enough to look that way.