PDA

View Full Version : Apprentice ready to travel!

LineGuy04
04-16-2007, 04:23 AM
Hey guys, let me give you a little background about myself. I have an Associates degree that went along with the apprenticeship program that i completed in May of 2004. Also a further two years of field experience. And now I am on the open job market looking into contract positions, or possible relocation. Any help you guys could give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

PA BEN
04-20-2007, 08:50 AM
Look at the jobs on this web site or go to www.nwppa.org jobs

LineGuy04
04-20-2007, 09:05 AM
Thank you for the additional help PA Ben I have a lot of interest in staying in the line profession but i am having the hardest time trying to find companies willing to hire apprentices with experience. I cant figure it out, I mean the average age of Linemen isnt exactly young and at 23 one would think with the degree and experience finding career opportunity wouldn't prove so difficult. I appreciate all your help and If anyone else out there may have something to add it would be greatly appreciated.

electric squirrel
04-20-2007, 07:30 PM
Try SMUD in Sacramento ,they have an ad on this website.. E.S.:cool:

west coast hand
04-30-2007, 01:28 AM
the cal/nev jatc apprenticship is always doing interviews in riverside ca and it pretty easy to get on its great pay for apprentices call the hall 951-784-7507 they'll have the apprenticships phone# hope this helps.

Squizzy
05-09-2007, 06:58 AM
If you want to come to Australia this adds in the employment section but then you will have to put up with me:D

http://www.powerlineman.com/employment/index.php?art=143&area=internat

Doggboi
05-29-2007, 09:07 AM
www.utilityconnection.com

and you'll be suprised at this.. but Myspace has a jobs section and if you enter in Aprentice Lineman you will get a lot of responses back , just pay attention as to how old the posting is... Imagine my dismay when I found an opening for an apprenticeship in the virgin islands and I missed it by a few days.. :(