PDA

View Full Version : Got injured and need some equipment

snakeman
05-08-2007, 01:47 PM
Ive been working with my local utlity for a couple years just waiting to start my training. In 2006 I was in a motocross accident that mangled my knee a little. Through physical therapy and training I was able to get it back to what seemed like 100% so I let my therapy taper off after a few months. In the spring of 2007 I began training. It was awesome. Unfortunately once we began belting in for extended periods of time at the top, my knee became very weak and the pain got much worse. On my way down a few times I gaffed out pretty good from my knee giving out on me. With a VERY heavy heart I voluntarily removed myself from the program for my safety and for my fellow linemens safety. I am now getting my knee back to tip top shape and have been advised and can join the next crew for training. That gives me about nine more months to prepare. I am planning on setting a small pole at my house to do some low height work for my knee to make sure I am ready when the time comes. I am in desperate need for some climbing equipment. My company provided everything for me in training but now I have nothing. If anyone has older equipment they dont need or are willing to part with cheap, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for taking a moment to hear me out.

Dustin

lineman-up
05-08-2007, 04:06 PM
where ya from? why dont ya post your email address i am pretty sure i have some older stuff around the utility but i want make sure it is safe. otherwise someone here will help.!
http://www.powerlineman.com/lforum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif
:D
lineman-up