PDA

View Full Version : Australian looking for work

BillyMac
05-30-2007, 03:12 AM
Hi all just registered on this great site, been watching it for a while and glad to become a part of it.
Well I'am a Australian Live linesman with Authorization for Glove & Barrier up to 33kv and Stick up to 66kv also have 20T Slewing Crane, and Restricted Cable Joiner's ticket.
Currently looking for a change and want to work overseas preferably UK or USA BC ect. Any tips or advice would be gladly appreciated.
I have recently applied for a position in Canada with Red Seal Recruiting and was awaiting a phone call back but never heard back??
As I mentioned any advice would be great. Don't know how many other Aussies are on here but would be happy to help with any Q's about working here.
CHEERS from Down Under.:)

42linehand
05-30-2007, 08:16 PM
We are always looking for Lineman in Connecticut U.S.A . IBEW contractors doing all types of Distribution, Transmission and Underground work. Lineman wages 36hr Lineman, 39hr Lead lineman and 41hr foreman. plus 6hr annuity .

IBEW Local 42 860-646-7297

BillyMac
05-31-2007, 02:24 AM
Thanks 42linehand. Can you tell me what IBEW stands for? and also what is annuity? Would I be able to find these positions going on line? :)

BigClive
05-31-2007, 06:48 AM
IBEW = International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers. The main American union for those involved with the electrical industry, from sparks to power workers.

Squizzy
05-31-2007, 08:22 AM
I thought they stood for a fair days pay for a fair days work;)

BigClive
05-31-2007, 01:09 PM
Actually certain divisions of it stand for nepotism, but lets not go there. :rolleyes:

WAlinehand1970
06-01-2007, 12:47 AM
:cool:
Thanks 42linehand. Can you tell me what IBEW stands for? and also what is annuity? Would I be able to find these positions going on line? :)

I've Been Every Where
OR
I'm Broke Every Wednesday
Local 77 Seattle, WA

rustey
06-07-2007, 01:10 PM
How hard would it be for an american worker to go to aus to work?

Squizzy
06-08-2007, 01:36 AM
Its real easy at the moment the company I work for has just taken down an add that was in the Employment Section for the last couple of months. If any one does want details on jobs in Perth Western Australia let me know, all the lines based companies here are after lineman and splicers....

BillyMac
06-17-2007, 03:57 AM
Just thought I would say that I have received a call from Kael Campell from Red Seal Recruiting about a job in Canada, but alas I had already left for work and could not take the call. So I'm still waiting to speak to the guy. Has anyone had dealings with this company?

Can anyone advise me if there is a shortage of qualified lineys in Canada and the UK?

Thanks