PDA

View Full Version : FPL Training & Methods Center

futureMIAlineman
06-15-2007, 03:58 PM
Has anyone recently attended any lineman training there?...I have been waiting for 11 months and still no scheduled class has been announced for me. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

49pan
06-16-2007, 10:21 PM
I have talked to you in the past, . If you have not yet herd anything , you may want to move on to greener pastures. If you can move start looking into ( UNION ) programs in other states. From what I have seen the program at FPL ain't that good anyway. Good luck and keep your head up.

Miami Bear
06-28-2007, 01:51 PM
Be patient is all I can say. I graduated from their climbing school last summer and was supposed to start the 10 month class training 2 weeks after. Instead, our graduating class was so large that they split us in half and had one group start on time and the other group had to wait for another instructor to be found. I was in the group that got left out but I got a call from you know who a couple of weeks ago saying my training begins Sept 1st, almost a year since I graduated climbing school. Of course I know it's subject to change, but good things come to those who wait.

At the same time, don't put your life on hold. Continue to work your current job and make sure you have money saved up for those 10 months in case you have to cut back hours at work if the grind becomes too much.