PDA

View Full Version : E.ON UK work

BillyMac
06-24-2007, 03:07 AM
Hey there, what is the go with E.ON UK? I have been checking the major UK energy websites for over a year looking for Linesmen positions and notice that E.ON UK have had 'open' linesmen vacancy on their website for a couple of months now. Do any of you know what they are doing over there, have they got some major refurbishment works happening or is there just a shortage of linesmen in the UK? Thanks Bill

Squizzy
06-24-2007, 07:13 AM
My understanding is they are short on linesman same as every other country at the moment...

22900013A
06-24-2007, 02:16 PM
A friend of mine is a manager at E-on, he seemed to think they were only taking on apprentices now as too many older trainees gave up after a few years. You could always try writing or better yet calling them and find out whats going on.

BillyMac
06-24-2007, 05:56 PM
I have emailed my Resume in a couple of times but have not heard back from anyone. I am a fully qualified Linesperson holding a Certificate III in ESI Distribution (Powerline) Restricted Cable Joiner and hold a Live Line Authorisation (glove and barrier up to 33Kv and hot stick up to 66Kv) in Australia. I also have authorisation for safe entry of high voltage enclosures, HV switching and access up to 33Kv. I am also eligible for a Ancestry Visa in the UK (work up to 5 years) so it leaves me a bit baffled as to why I haven't even had an email acknowledging my Application. I just assumed that there is not a shortage of linesmen in the UK. I'll just keep on looking out for job opportunities out there.:)

BigClive
06-25-2007, 05:58 AM
I get the feeling that most of these companies just don't respond to email applications. I enquired with a few myself and didn't get a response at all. There's a good chance there a harassed office girl sitting in front of the email page just pressing delete to get them all out of the way so she can have a coffee.

The best approach is probably to get a number and make an actual call. Not so expensive to do between countries these days thanks to Skype. If you can get an actual name and number of someone who is directly involved in the hiring like an installation or service manager, then so much the better.

22900013A
06-25-2007, 02:23 PM
Yep, I agree best way is to ring up and talk to someone - and keep doing it until you get the answer you want. Are you bothered whereabouts in the UK you work? Many of the other regional companies are probably recruiting too.

BillyMac
06-26-2007, 03:37 AM
Thanks for the advice, it does seem that a telephone call is necessary. I'm not particularly fussed on where in the UK, as long as its a decent place with all necessary facilities for a family (Wife and 2 year old). We would do our research before accepting any job overseas or in Australia for that matter! You would just think that if a company were desperate for workers that they would be onto any application they received like hot sticks. I've actually been speaking with a representative of BC Hydro in Canada, so we will see what happens with that. Cheers

22900013A
06-26-2007, 02:33 PM
I noticed today that SSE are wanting trainee linesman, may be of use, worth hspeaking to them surely? Applications to be in by 5th July!