PDA

View Full Version : Progress Energy Florida

Ocala
07-11-2007, 03:09 PM
I've been trying to get into Progress for about 2 1/2 years as a groundman. Applied to every notice on their website, which was about 10 times. I finally concluded that my age, 47, was probably the reason for not getting the call.
Until last week, when they called and asked if I was still interested! I had to keep from blurting out a cuss word so I said "yes , I still interested".
So now I have to take a CAST test next Monday and hopefully I can do well enough on that to be considered.
This would be awesome if it works out as the Ocala office is real close by. Maybe by next week I'll be another addition to the fraternity.

LostArt
07-11-2007, 06:39 PM
I've been trying to get into Progress for about 2 1/2 years as a groundman. Applied to every notice on their website, which was about 10 times. I finally concluded that my age, 47, was probably the reason for not getting the call.
Until last week, when they called and asked if I was still interested! I had to keep from blurting out a cuss word so I said "yes , I still interested".
So now I have to take a CAST test next Monday and hopefully I can do well enough on that to be considered.
This would be awesome if it works out as the Ocala office is real close by. Maybe by next week I'll be another addition to the fraternity.

Good for you neighbor!!! I hope it all works out Ocala.

--LA

Koga
07-11-2007, 07:20 PM
on the test . At 47 its going to be a challenge. Hope it works out for ya.

Koga

Ocala
07-18-2007, 05:54 PM
I got the results of the test. Unfortunately I didn't pass. I can't believe I didn't do well enough. I've always been in good in math so this is a real bummer. They even give you a practice test to prepare you for it. Out of the 78 questions I got 8 wrong and 3 I didn't know. Unfortunately they won't give you the details of where I screwed up.
I guess it just wasn't meant to be.
Man, every time I see a line truck I know I'm going to get a sick feeling.
You guys take care and be careful out there. :(