PDA

View Full Version : Just finished with school

cublooking4job
07-30-2007, 07:45 AM
I just finished my two year lineman school for a company in Ohio. I was charged with a DUI right before my start date. I was planning on sticking with this company for a long time. But since I have been charged they wont put me on untill this is done in court. I still have my cdl and liscense, i was going to be hired as a mid step B. I have spent time in the field, good climber and very safety concious. I am looking for a company that will put on an apprentice, trying to stay close to NE Ohio but I realize that's prolly not an option at this point. Anyone with any lead's please get back to me. Thank you. lholmes0728@starkstate.net

ready2go
07-30-2007, 06:24 PM
That sucks. I know how u feel though. check out your local jatc

lineman-up
08-02-2007, 04:00 PM
i dont want to discourage ya or nothing but you have created a mess for yourself. i have heard of journeyman and foreman having to take a year leave of absence and even being fired for a dui. these dui's are a real bitch keep calling and looking and i probably wouldnt pass up a job any where even climbing all day in a swamp. you need to suck it up now and get some more experience at any means neccessary. doing some shit work for a while will show that you know you screwed up and learned. then you will be able to get a good job. good luck and for damn sakes dont drink and drive!!!!! ya have to pick one or the other, thats why i never go anywhere:D

Koga
08-02-2007, 05:22 PM
Yep most companies want you to have a CDL to drive and the DWI or DUI screwed ya out of that. Or in reality you screwed yourself , but I won't get into that here, ya probably already know it. Just learn from it and I hope it does turns out ok for ya.

Koga

cublooking4job
08-02-2007, 09:21 PM
Hey all,
I have not lost my CDL i still have it. I dont have privelages, I actually have a valid liscense. All i need is a chance. Do you guy's know anyone around that is hiring. I dont care if I have to climb up a shit covered pole to wash the damn thing I just need to feed the family. Know what I mean.
Thanks guy's

damn_encode
08-03-2007, 12:03 AM
If you don’t know if your going to lose your license, I would recommend you go to your IBEW Outside Construction Local sign the ground man books, and work as long as you can. Hopefully if you wont lose your license, and if you don’t apply for the JATC Apprenticeship.

If you lose your CDL, learn from it, do your time and pay your fine. Then do what’s necessary to get into the apprenticeship again.

Just my thoughts....