PDA

View Full Version : Can somebody give me some good advice?

scrapster1
09-30-2007, 12:12 PM
Whats the hardest thing to learn when your trying to be a lineman?

Ski_Digger
10-15-2007, 10:54 PM
What ya talking about? In the books all depends how you are in school. Lots of math to work on. More and more paper work every year.
On the job it all depends if you have a open mind and are will to do some work or stand around with your hand in you pockets. Don't forget that you are new and at the bottom of the crew. Listen to what you are told and take the good with the bad. If you have questions ask, Just don't keep asking the same over and over. If you can remember what you are told and taught you should do just fine and follow your safty manual.
good luck and work safe.

Orgnizdlbr
10-16-2007, 07:06 AM
Whats the hardest thing to learn when your trying to be a lineman?

To keep your mouth shut, and your eyes open............

Oregon Lineman
10-16-2007, 10:16 PM
Good asnwer ORGNIZDLBR. Like he says, do not come out of linemans school and try to impress a good journeyman what you do not know. Listen to them all we all have something to teach, even the least talented man. He can always teach not what to do. If you don't know ask, there is no such thing as a stupid question. Even if it is the same question, keep asking until you understand. The only stupid question is the one that does not get asked, especially if some one gets hurt. Do not worry about the guys who hate the same questions, they probably should not be teaching. We are in the bussiness of passing on info. Be safe and keep the brotherhood strong

Ski_Digger
10-21-2007, 09:50 AM
I have to explain. I do agree with you O.L. What I ment was we have guys come in out of school and you tell them something, they need to keep asking over and over just to run at the mouth. And that is not good. We are hear to teach and we enjoy it, but we are not baby sitting are we!!
What I ment was ask all the questions and take all the ifo. you can. If your question is not answered do ask again and work safe. That is #1 in our trade or you will not go home.