PDA

View Full Version : help

theFNG
02-06-2008, 05:02 PM
I got a job with Cal Nev JATC, anyone currently working for this company, please let me know if you know when the next orientation will be....

newbie22
02-08-2008, 08:01 AM
I spoke to one ape here in Kern county and he just said be prepared to travel a lot. I'm also appying with CalNev. Did you already go to a lineman school and do you have your class A license? How long did you have your app in? Thanx for any info.

Hemingray Insulators
02-08-2008, 03:48 PM
about how long of a wait after applying/ interviewing currently? just curious.........

theFNG
02-09-2008, 07:23 PM
after i put my app. it took nearly 9 months to get an interview, i interviewed got accepted into the program...now i have to wait for my orientaion, which is where they will teach you to climb wood, lattice and steel, pool top rescue and rigging amongst other things...when that is i have no clue im trying to figure out myself...no i have not gone to lineman school i am currently getting my class a...if you know anyone one who is in there program ask them if they know when the next orientation is...thanks

YooperTurnedFloridian
02-09-2008, 07:51 PM
If anyone was wondering SELCAT is an awesome program ran through the IBEW and NECA. From starting by filling out my app to going to work was only a month! Already been to climbing school so the rest is do the books and pay attention to the OJT. Here is the office number if your intrested.
678-423-1338. We work in the southeastern states. From what I have seen so far it's a damn good school!

theFNG
02-14-2008, 01:02 AM
just found out that assuming I pass my climbing class with Cal Nev JATC I still may be out of work for several months...does anyone know how long tha wait is usually for cold apprentices?

ready2go
03-08-2008, 09:51 PM
what kind of experience of experience do u have. how did u here about cal nev. I have been told that people usually go out right after the climbing class

theFNG
03-09-2008, 01:09 PM
ready2go
Member Join Date: Jul 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

what kind of experience of experience do u have. how did u here about cal nev. I have been told that people usually go out right after the climbing class

i have zero experience, im just waiting to go to my climbing class that i was already invited to about 2 months ago.

west coast hand
03-11-2008, 11:19 PM
Right now work is slow in ca it will open back up but there are over 350 apps in the program it takes a little bit after you finish climbing class to go to work, there are about 10 different contractors in so cal so who knows who you will work for. Its a good apprenticship I went through it. good luck and if any of you guys have any questions pm me and I'll try to help. good luck and welcome to line work

swetngblts
05-10-2008, 01:18 PM
theFNG,
Did you make it into tthe program and out to work yet?