PDA

View Full Version : Pre apprentice test

EBLAVK
02-23-2008, 08:31 PM
hello everyone,Im trying to get into great shape for the pre apprentice test in august. There are four diffrent test in a two day period first test is the handline 50lbs up and down 20 times, then cutting the pole with a hand saw 10 cuts, then the brace and bit test punch out 10 holes, one that im going to dread is digging a hole 6ft deep 2ft across. i forgot to mention you only get one hour to finish each test. In August its about 110 degree in Arizona and the ground is rock hard. any advice to get my self prepared for all of this fun? thanks

necpoletop
02-24-2008, 12:36 AM
hello everyone,Im trying to get into great shape for the pre apprentice test in august. There are four diffrent test in a two day period first test is the handline 50lbs up and down 20 times, then cutting the pole with a hand saw 10 cuts, then the brace and bit test punch out 10 holes, one that im going to dread is digging a hole 6ft deep 2ft across. i forgot to mention you only get one hour to finish each test. In August its about 110 degree in Arizona and the ground is rock hard. any advice to get my self prepared for all of this fun? thanks

Get a bike,ride it everyday,lay off the greasy stuff,drink plenty of water in advance,at the site,drink more water,whatch what u eat,no big meals,dont go drinking like the rest of the class,take motrin,an antiimflamatory,you will need it,push ups will help,but most of all prepare your mind for it!And dont let all the yelling and cussing get to you,good luck Brother!

LeadHead
02-25-2008, 01:17 AM
Digging the hole should be easier than drilling ten holes with the brace and bit .You need to have the conifidence in yourself to do this work.Go in there with the I can do anything or Ill die trying attitude and you will be succesfull.Good Luck

PK270
02-27-2008, 09:22 PM
Forearms are going to burn on these tasks. Grip is going to play a good role also. Mostly just a case of good hard work, looks as if they want to see how physical you are.

Water is the best advice, out there it is hot but you dont sweat as much so you dont realize you are losing it. Show up well hydrated and drink continuously. Bannanas help too. Good luck