PDA

View Full Version : Txu

junior
02-27-2008, 07:35 PM
Whats up to everyone reading. I am looking for anyone with information about Texas Utilities. I am currently an apprentice at an east coast utility Local 320. My wife and I are interested in returning to the Dallas/Fort Worth area to live. I am interested in knowing does TXU prefer Journeyman or Apprentice lineman? What would be the top pay once journeyman status is achieved and other than emergency callouts is shift work part of the normal working rotation?

Thanks!

ZapCzar
02-27-2008, 10:53 PM
First off the name is now ONCOR. Pay is right under 30 an hour, going to 30.84 come October. Journeyman or Apprentice lineman depends on the service center your applying at. We just closed some job openings in east Texas and didn't get any lineman, going to have to grow one up from the ground. :( I'm not from the Dallas area so can't help you on how they do call out there; I'm sure someone there will see this in the next couple days and let you know. Here’s the link for jobs, http://www.txucorp.com/careers/jobs/search/results.asp looks like they just closed a bunch of lineman openings. Only one left I see is in Tyler. Good luck Zap

junior
02-28-2008, 10:22 PM
Thanks for the info! I saw some of those postings for utility man to journeyman but they weren't the area I was looking for. Do you work for Oncor? I will definetly keep my eye open for anymore postings. Thanks again!

ZapCzar
02-29-2008, 07:50 AM
[QUOTE=junior;40923]Thanks for the info! I saw some of those postings for utility man to journeyman but they weren't the area I was looking for. Do you work for Oncor?
Yup for the last 30 years, if I hear of any new jobs opening up I'll post here. Best of luck

LINEHAND
02-29-2008, 06:04 PM
Check your PMs

west coast hand
03-03-2008, 12:38 AM
I applyed for the job in tyler its been about a week and a half still haven't heard from anybody yet does anyone know how long it takes and what kind of test do they have you take. any info would help. thanks

Tshooter
03-06-2008, 02:14 PM
It took a couple of weeks for them to contact me for the interview. Good luck and Hope to see you working there.TXU has been a good company in the past,hopefully it will continue to be a good company in the future.