PDA

View Full Version : Cal/Nev JATC Process?

swetngblts
05-25-2008, 07:08 PM
After the interview, how does the process work? Does Cal/Nev let you know where you rank on the list after the interview? When does one become indentured into the program?

Do the ones who interview well with a high ranking/score get pulled into the climbing class when an apprentice is needed by a contractor?

or

If you score high, do they invite you to the climbing class regardless of the workload and one could sit around waiting for work for some time after the class?

cody
05-25-2008, 08:33 PM
Hey man I applied to a JATC in a completely different part of the country but I'm pretty much in the same situation. I recieved a letter in the mail stating my score, but as far as where im at on the list I have no clue. So I can atleast tell you that you will be recieving a letter giving you your numerical score from the interview.

milkman
05-28-2008, 01:08 AM
Cal-Nev doesn't have a numerical rating system that I know or have heard of. Basically if you pass the interview your will be invited to a climbing class, (when that is is determined by the number of apprrentices out of work, for example no class this month due to apps. out of work). When and if you complete the climbing class you will then be indentured, and placed on the out of work list, or go right to work depending on what the demand is for apps. Good luck its damn long process......I hope you like travelling!

swetngblts
05-28-2008, 09:50 PM
Thanks, I had a few minutes this morning to call them. I should be getting a letter the beginning of next week on the results of the interview. They could not say anything over the phone.

shane
06-01-2008, 04:23 PM
So how long did it take you from the time you turned in your application to the time you had your interview?

swetngblts
06-01-2008, 05:51 PM
Approx. 6 months

swetngblts
06-06-2008, 11:12 AM
I am a candidate for indenturement and invited to their next climbing class. When that is.......is up in the air.

Looks like i'll have to go to work right out of school and (maybe) come back when i get the next letter.

swetngblts
06-11-2008, 09:50 PM
Cal-Nev doesn't have a numerical rating system that I know or have heard of. Basically if you pass the interview your will be invited to a climbing class, (when that is is determined by the number of apprrentices out of work, for example no class this month due to apps. out of work). When and if you complete the climbing class you will then be indentured, and placed on the out of work list, or go right to work depending on what the demand is for apps. Good luck its damn long process......I hope you like travelling!

They actually do have a ranking system, called and talked to them. They would not tell me my interview score but they did tell me where i was ranked on the list. So, ones rank determines if they ever actually get to the climbing class even though one was accepted for it. If ones list rank is 10then there's a good chance of making the next class, if it's 50 then that's not so good chances since they only pull 10-20 at a time. Additionally, the next time they hold interviews and anybody who scores better gets slotted above.

Off to NW line for an interview next

milkman
06-12-2008, 09:02 PM
Didn't know that......I must have done well, I went to climbing class 3 weeks after interview. Good luck up north....and remember, look up and live!

swetngblts
06-12-2008, 11:18 PM
I have a pretty decent rank on the Cal/Nev list so i'm hoping to be in within a couple months. If not i still got NW, SELCAT, and Southwest to interview with.

milkman
06-27-2008, 10:09 PM
There is a climbing class next Monday....are you in it? Keep on truckin'

swetngblts
06-28-2008, 09:26 AM
Nope...only 15 guys got invited. My number is coming up soon, hopefully. I got bumped down 5 spots since the June interviews.