PDA

View Full Version : confused app.???

hotstik
07-26-2008, 08:18 AM
:confused:I am a 4th step app. the other day i was talkin to my foreman about my OJT he told me it would cost me a 12pack to get it signed or he would give me bad scores and was not jokeing how should i handle this? just want to make it to be a lineman.

MEGA81
07-26-2008, 01:34 PM
Uh, but seriously. Thats messed up. You sure hes not joking? Id buy that beer and wait for him to start laughing. If hes not joking, You might have to make a move, or something.

lineman-up
07-29-2008, 12:49 AM
buy him the beer.......have him sign it........................ kick his ass take the beer and call him a dick............but only if you have another job lined up.....

that is bs find a new job

Pootnaigle
07-29-2008, 06:14 PM
Pretty poor excuse for a foreman my friend. Bleve I would report him to the local and file charges on his worthless ass, If You aint union stuff like this happens purdy reglar so get usta it.

bhicks
07-29-2008, 09:25 PM
Buy him a 12-pack of PBR, if it is a joke you will have the last laugh, if not you get your ojt signed off on and he gets some really crappy beer

IronLine
07-29-2008, 10:02 PM
BHicks..Dick..I happen to enjoy PBR :D My own input into this comes from past experience. I was an apprentice ironworker for a couple years, and I ran into this problem many times. A lot of your reaction has to depend on the foreman's personality, a bunch of the guys I worked for just wanted you to stand up and tell 'em to f#$@ off to prove "your a man" or whatever, the others were just alkies who were old school who believed that coming up the hard way meant doing stuff like that for your JMan...

RWD
07-30-2008, 11:54 AM
I think he's trying to figure out if your a man or still an ape. Tell him you call bullsh@t. If he follows thru with the bad (unwarrented) eval, he'd better be ready for a prayer meeting behind the barn.

RWD

bhicks
07-30-2008, 02:22 PM
Hey Ironline to each his own , but if your going to buy this guy a 12-pack why not make it the cheapest beer on the market:D

IronLine
07-30-2008, 09:18 PM
Hahaha that is correct Hick, I gotta agree with ya...but I think in my neck of the woods a nice 12 pack of Natty Light or Ice is a couple bucks cheaper...god its terrible. I agree with RWD, if was was going to give you an unfair eval, then he is either going to a)suffer some repercussions, because I would go over his head to the GF or Sup on the job and let him know whats going on, or if you're in a Union App program man, find your steward and let him know whats going on..or b)Yeah there'd be some asskickin in the near future, you figure thats your career and life man, can't let anyone mess with that

RadonHuffer
07-30-2008, 10:42 PM
If the guy proves out to be a scammer and wait a couple weeks.

Find a pic of a hot chick on the net and make up a name and put an ad up on one of the pervert pages for free phone sex using the hot chicks pic and his phone number.

Be sure to put a note on there that her husband likes to listen in and thats ok.

Then sit back and watch the poor bastard go nuts as his phone rings endlessly.:eek:

Always get in the last dig on a scammer.;)

It should cost him at least 10 times what it cost you.:p

grizzlybuck
07-31-2008, 09:07 PM
Used to drink more than my share of PBR, well before it became a chic throwback that yuppies drink.

I think I'd buy the beer, hope the jackass calls you a dumbass for taking him seriously, and if not, quietly check with other crew leaders about the moron.