PDA

View Full Version : Trying to get an apprenticeship

bhicks
07-29-2008, 11:30 AM
Hi guys, so I applied to the ALBAT program several months ago and was told I should get an interview in mid-October but I herd this is a hard apprenticeship to get into, do any of you have any suggestions on any other programs that might be a little easier or quicker to get into. I am also trying to find a job as a grunt but I don't have a cdl yet. So if any of you could help me out I'd sure appreciate it.

grizzlybuck
07-31-2008, 09:03 PM
Sorry I cannot help more, BHicks, but put a little more info in your profile page and at least give us your general location, or where you would like to work and maybe guys can give you a few more specifics based on their knowledge of companies/contractors in your area of interest.

bhicks
08-01-2008, 02:35 PM
Hey grizzlybuck sorry for the lack of info, I just updated my personal profile. I live in Metamora, IN the nearest cities/towns are brookeville, batesville, greensburg, lawrenceburg, and richmond. I live about an hour or so from Cincinnati, OH and about an hour and a half from Indianapolis, In. Thanks in advance guys.

IronLine
08-03-2008, 10:57 AM
Hey man, looks like Duke Energy is hiring somewhere in Illy, my geography skills are lacking, and I'm too hungover to go back and look at the location. Just check out their website. Best advice is just go to friggi'n google and typing in apprentice lineman jobs. Hasn't paid off for me yet, but I got myself a nice little piece back in WA so I'm not leavin' there quite yet:D

Doggboi
08-09-2008, 03:15 PM
Hey man, looks like Duke Energy is hiring somewhere in Illy, my geography skills are lacking, and I'm too hungover to go back and look at the location. Just check out their website. Best advice is just go to friggi'n google and typing in apprentice lineman jobs. Hasn't paid off for me yet, but I got myself a nice little piece back in WA so I'm not leavin' there quite yet:D

Hunting new jobs Iron?

IronLine
08-09-2008, 07:19 PM
Me? Never! All about company loyalty..Ok maybe yeah lol. Always keep my options open bud, I need to learn more than just my little niche. Ain't gonna happen where I'm at. Got a contact with Northwestern Energy in MT, hopin' something will come open soon. That 21-10 schedule worked out well Dogg, by 21 days my gf was missing me, and I couldn't piss her off too much in 10, but unfortunately they kept me home for 50 days lol, we actually got to know each other. So yeah, I'm mobile right now, keeping my eyes open!

Doggboi
08-09-2008, 07:31 PM
Me? Never! All about company loyalty..Ok maybe yeah lol. ....stuff.... keeping my eyes open!

Sweet, good luck with that. I know one of my classmates went to an eon company and had good luck with them , and I would always suggest Scana, although the starting is a bit lower than most I think , but they seems to have their shit squared.