PDA

View Full Version : Tvppa

creeper
07-31-2008, 10:24 PM
Is this apprentice program worth a shit outside of my co-op? Just wondering i just finished the book work and have completed the labs I had to go to and am begining to think I may want to spread my wings a lil bit. I will move to lineman in a couple of months and have been looking at jobs outside my area and everything I see says Journeyman Lineman needed. Now I know I am not a journeyman lineman due to the lack of a card, I just wanted to know if what I had was worth a crap anywhere else.

wtdoor67
08-01-2008, 08:24 AM
.If you have the desired amount of experience getting a Journeyman card in any IBEW local is just a formality. Filling out what amounts to a resume and proving your experience is about all it takes. You might have to take a simple test that will of course include transformer hookups.

Transmission experience doesn't count for much with a typical utility co. They are usually looking for distribution hands. If you have transmission experience of course that just adds to your resume.

grizzlybuck
08-10-2008, 09:52 PM
Creeper, a lot of companies have completely taken over training and if the relationship isn't good between the union and the company, there may not be true "journeyman" status given, but if you put in for another job, and your training has been good and you can pass written and demonstrated tests, I don't think the lack of a card will hold you back.