PDA

View Full Version : First Energy Strike

Pages : 1 [2] 3

longpole
07-14-2009, 07:44 PM
Just left the meeting in Clearfield. Our BA explained the contract to us. Its a three year deal and he got rid of that crazy 24 X 7 bull sh*t. We get money in the second and third year but none in 09. The bad thing is FE won't give amnesty to any of our guys they terminated. Really sucks!!:(
Alot of emotion from the members,:mad: it was tough but after listening to our BA I voted to except. BA said FE agreed to arbitration for all terminations. Sounds like that's our best chance at getting them back to work. One things for sure FE's not getting the same employees back that walked out. These pr#cks think things are going back to normal they're wrong.;) Until we do get them back we'll make sure they don't hurt for money and we'll let the company know it don't end till we're all back!!
Fight on brothers and sisters!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

longpole
07-14-2009, 07:53 PM
[QUOTE=Enemy Within;65918]Nice response Thats the same attitude that got you fired dumba%@. Im not on hear to argue with a (former) employee. Anyway, shouldnt u b looking for a job:D

Does anyone know how they are going to handle our vacation when we go back? I have several weeks of caryover from last year and want to take it all. Any chance we can cash it in and get a

You d*ck he*d:mad: five of our members have been fired and you ask about vacation:mad:personally I think you're a company prick who's been following this web site. You don't deserve a reply but my anger got the best of me:mad:

lineman1
07-14-2009, 07:54 PM
hey long we vote tomorrow what is general consenses of members is there any early retirement how long will greivance take

longpole
07-14-2009, 07:59 PM
Not sure how it will turn out. Donnie said FE agreed to rush the grievances. There were alot of angry people there tonight. Most thought the contract was Ok but everyone was pis*ed off about no amnesty for our members.

longpole
07-14-2009, 08:20 PM
Now that I have spent a little time over here on this strike, i have a few comments:
1) I did this job longer than many of you have been alive
2) I'm not working unsafely
3) If I'm not doing the job as quickly and as beautifully as you normally do - good, it's not my gig anymore - but I'm keeping the lights on for the customers
4) I'm here because I have been forced to do so - I'm not trying to break your strike and I actually have some empathy for you all
5) Despite all the horrible things that you are saying to me, I find some humor in it, and I'm sure that in another setting we would get along just fine
6) If I worked for the same guys you do, I would go on strike too

Bottom line - give it a rest, i don't like being here any more than you want me here, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do

BITE ME SCAB!!! and GO HOME

NWPATroubleman
07-14-2009, 09:34 PM
I believe that first energy want everyone to be working under a last chance agrement just so they have total controll over the guys. ten to one if they get there job back and i hope they do they will have to sigh a last chance agreement!! Seen it first hand at the garage that i work out of..

loose neutral
07-14-2009, 09:36 PM
Just left the meeting in Clearfield. Our BA explained the contract to us. Its a three year deal and he got rid of that crazy 24 X 7 bull sh*t. We get money in the second and third year but none in 09. The bad thing is FE won't give amnesty to any of our guys they terminated. Really sucks!!:(
Alot of emotion from the members,:mad: it was tough but after listening to our BA I voted to except. BA said FE agreed to arbitration for all terminations. Sounds like that's our best chance at getting them back to work. One things for sure FE's not getting the same employees back that walked out. These pr#cks think things are going back to normal they're wrong.;) Until we do get them back we'll make sure they don't hurt for money and we'll let the company know it don't end till we're all back!!
Fight on brothers and sisters!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:
I COULD NOT HAVE SAID THIS BETTER MYSELF !!!!!

WCLR
07-14-2009, 09:39 PM
Hope you guys got the contract you wanted. Its good to see workers stand up to greed.

Lizzy Bordon
07-14-2009, 10:36 PM
When you go back to work, it will take days to settle in, the will probably have a buffet of shrimp and fancy food like they did in NJ and we did not eat it. Left it all up stairs to rot. The members voted NO and did not go back. Knowing that you stood up for yourselfs, had time for your familys in the long run is priceless. I am glad I did it. We kept our vacation which was real nice to delay the backlog even further.

The guys who lost their jobs, will get them back, it takes forever, ours got jobs elsewhere made money and then got back pay so it was like double time in the long run. They will be back, have faith, the law will prevail, unless they got caught red handed and the eye witness shows up for court, they will be back. We did collect money for our brothers who were out longer. They had some serious backbone and we loved them for it.

You do have the union, do just enough work to get by without getting in trouble, smile and say "Oh I am working on that" and push it to the bottom of the pile after you make a simple update just so it shows on the computer you did do something to the order. Working on a billing job then leave off a little here and there. They never go in and rebill a customer. Now is the perfect time to take time to get to know your customer and spend quality time doing so. Agree to meet him at the job several times just to make sure its perfect.

It will take days to get your computer up and running. Put your trouble ticket in through the home page and write down your number so you have proof you called.

Delete all your voice mail messages, too many to track.

Make sure you ask for updates on all the safety meeting you missed.

Ask for new dielectric shoes I would not trust the stuff that has been laying around, if any is left, our line shops were picked clean.

Oh I kept a mental log on how long it took to make back the money I lost on strike. I picked away at that amount of money until I felt we were even. Then I stockpiled some for the next strike. Treat people the way you want to be treated is the best moto.

Just a thought.........why does first energy own a Stadium when they are butt ass poor. The sold off prime real estate like Bernardsville line and kept a baseball stadium. WTF

Be proud, you will have them on their toes. They know now that you can and will stand alone and fight if you need to. You did a damb good job at it.

Orgnizdlbr
07-14-2009, 11:29 PM
The guys who lost their jobs, will get them back, it takes forever, ours got jobs elsewhere made money and then got back pay so it was like double time in the long run. They will be back, have faith, the law will prevail, unless they got caught red handed and the eye witness shows up for court, they will be back. We did collect money for our brothers who were out longer. They had some serious backbone and we loved them for it.

Be proud, you will have them on their toes. They know now that you can and will stand alone and fight if you need to. You did a damb good job at it.

Just to set the record straight, arbitration provides for make whole remedies, the arbitrator, if he finds you were wrongfully discharged will make you whole. Any interim wages and earnings will be deducted, as will any unemployment from the make whole remedy. Any suggestion that make whole is in addition to interim earnings and is akin to making double time is pie-in-the-sky hogwash.

Liz, I understand you hate FE, I do too, but please choose your words wisely when you post, there are 5 brothers terminated from 459, they may take words on this site as gospel, so if you dont know it, dont say it......

Bull Dog
07-15-2009, 03:50 PM
Congratulations to all the Brothers at FE. I am glad you settled. Hope you have sent a message to your company and others that would try this. Well done!

jrwhd68
07-15-2009, 05:07 PM
no settelment yet! proposal yes! voting will be over tomorrow night then we'll know if it's setteled or not????

Lizzy Bordon
07-16-2009, 02:24 AM
Hopefully things will work out. It will never be business as usual but you can now have the satisfaction knowing you did it, you survived and your a lot stronger for it. Takes guts to do what you did.

Thinking back, strike was kind of unheard of at the old power company but now with FE at the wheel its getting to be something that is expected. Wonder how much negotiations, paper work, ect set them back.....but they do not care.

I was at another power company on Friday and noticed they have tons of new hybrid vehicles, buildings were nice, new union jobs were being added. Their web site was loaded with union jobs. The place seemed like I stepped back into the old power company era, it was laid back, no control freaks walking around. It was nice!!!!

I never see that company on this web with so many disgruntled employees, says something for the company I guess.

jerseyslave
07-16-2009, 10:08 AM
Where! Where is it! are they hiring? Come on spill it Lizzy!!!

Lizzy Bordon
07-16-2009, 12:49 PM
I was at PSE&G the clerk had almost 40 years. The employees seemed way more laid back. They were actually having a good time. I was shocked at site of the vehicles it was impressive. The line trucks had doors on the tool bins and no rust with giant holes. They are supposed to be doing some major upgrading of the lines and got some funding. They post their jobs approximately every 10 days. They seemed a lot more on the ball in HR. You can sign up for what ever testing you want, relay, line, layout, clerk, drafting and cut through the red tape. They actually use referrals, friends and family. Real nice training center.......yes a real one......they apparently still have cleaning people and maintenance workers also. The pay is way better but not sure on benefits or retirement. They even had real chairs not held together with black electrical tape. I had to contain myself I felt like a kid in the candy store. They had union clerks instead of the temp agent guard like the MGO it definitely was different is a nice way.

I do not know how to put it but I did not feel the tension like at FE you know where you can cut it with a knife when you pass a suit. They were wearing real clothes not roll outs from the 70's.

They must be doing something right......the place had a nice feel to it. There are some adds also for temporary employment and there is a foot note in the job description pending union approval.......could you imagine that at FE.

toggle
07-16-2009, 08:38 PM
when you go back take there money with a smile go exactly by the safety book dont get mad get even

cantwait
07-16-2009, 09:03 PM
Well they definetly wont be getting the same dedicated workers who time and again bail out their incompetance. And we wont stop till we get the fired five back.

jrwhd68
07-17-2009, 12:12 AM
The tentative agreement was accepted! apparently we go back to work monday morning at 7am regardless of shifts.

chain-hoist
07-17-2009, 05:48 AM
well, we are going back to work. more of the same, 70% call outs, almost
like a dog on a leash. the good thing is ass-tec is leaving, lets not forget
these a-holes, because of them 5 of our brothers have to grieve there jobs
back. I for one hope they rot in hell.

THE TERMINATED
07-17-2009, 06:52 AM
THANKS for all your support......I for one will fight till the end

cantwait
07-17-2009, 08:06 AM
Lets not forget the contract still says a reasonable amount of overtime, not 70 (unreasonable). I know chief 3 hairs hates it when we are in "counciling" and we tell him "gosh scott I worked a reasonable amount this month". Play their game, its mind over matter. I dont mind and they dont matter!

loose neutral
07-17-2009, 10:35 AM
We would like to thank everyone who supported us during our fight against First Enema. Your posts kept us together and reassured us that we were doing the right thing. We now know that we have a lot more friends than we thought we had and we've never even met. We would also like to thank First Enema for allowing us the best summer ever, bringing our local closer and having more solidarity than ever before. We hope that the fab 5 know that they are not, nor will be forgotten. It's not over for them, not even close !!! They will rue the day they terminated you. We also hope what we did shows other locals what can be done with solidarity and this trend can continue into the future. It all starts and ends with the members. I would personally like to thank the worthless, pillow biting, sh!t stain, scabs for allowing me to vent many years worth of pent up anger and frustration out on them instead of bringing it home, it really made my home life a lot more pleasant. We would like to thank the negotiating committee for all of their hard work and dedication, we know they spent a lot of hours on the road and away from their families to speak for us they deserve all of the credit. Last but not least, we need to thank all of our family members who supported us in this fight. Without them, we could never have succeeded. To all of our brothers and sisters who are currently at odds with your employers all over the country, don't be afraid to stand up and fight, it's what America was made built on, it's worth every minute of your time and every dime you may lose.
God bless America !!!!:D

jrwhd68
07-17-2009, 10:49 AM
As far as i'm concerned this won't be over till all are back that went out. Until that time all shops should be taking donations!!!!!! $10 a man from every member should cover all 5's wages till the grievence procedure is done!

Lizzy Bordon
07-17-2009, 07:33 PM
I think you may get some rain maybe a storm for Monday....half your stuff will be missing so it will take longer than normal.

You will have fond memories. We had a white tent in front of the MGO. I decorated for Holidays, it was cool to see what the next shift left for us. One guy did go AWOL and painted something really stupid on the top because he wanted to go back. I can not remember what it said.

Everyone bonded, we played scrabble and looked forward to the next game. It was colder than hell.

Good luck! Just ignore them they cant do a thing to you. I was always told "That and a buck will get you a cup of coffee". They were right everyone gets the same pay no matter how much you do, so do less. I kept a little mental log on slacker time to get some of my money back. It just made me feel better. Friday is government day so do next to nothing because the government gets all your money in taxes for that day.

Hopefully you wont go back with the upset stomach, sleepless nights and wanting to kick the sand out of a fifo mode.

Lets see you have how many sick days to use by the end of the year.......vacation time........it works out.

Stanman, at ComEdy Il.
07-17-2009, 07:54 PM
I wish the terminated well. That being said, the union will probably not go to arbitration, part of the agreement with the company. I applaud the donation thing, but you always have jackasses that won't give. Then what? As the months pass waiting for arbitration(and they will be months), what will these families do, live on hand outs(donations)? You can't go to the outside union because you won't be allowed to work in the area(FE).
So until the hopeful arbitration is heard, plan on traveling for work. And let me tell you, that won't be easy in this economy. Good luck to those returning to work, more will be terminated, don't doubt it.

jrwhd68
07-17-2009, 09:34 PM
I doubt that it will make it to arbitration I believe most of the terminated were he said she said cases NO PROOF!!!!! this company so tight they wouldn't want to pay an arbitrator!!!!! sounds like they'll get their jobs back thru the grievence process. (BEST CASE SCENERIO) HOPEFULLLY!!! and i don't care if we take collections from now till the day they retire nobody will lose pay from this if I can help it!! and as far as poeple that don't want to donate and I find that hard to believe after what we've just gone thru just remember it could be you next time with this company?????????

ClimbingFool
07-17-2009, 10:31 PM
Ditto Loose Neutral i couldnt have said it better myself! I see the cones are gone and the security staffing is gone .......its gonna be so much fun to sing Kumbyah on Monday morning!!!!

linedog50
07-18-2009, 11:48 AM
Nice job on fighting the FE monster,hope you get all your people back.

jerseyslave
07-21-2009, 09:37 AM
How did the first day back go?

jrwhd68
07-21-2009, 02:30 PM
you could just feel the luv at the big meeting in clearfield!!!!!made me feel all warm & fuzzy inside what a joke. found everything in the buildings were thrown in the dumpster including rubber gloves coveralls anything that wasn't tied down doors were removed from the hinges, lockers were pryed open and cleaned out. whatever none of it was my property just a couple of food receits.no big deal. trucks were missing alot of tools but all that stuff was company prop. so whatever!!!!!!!!

WCLR
07-21-2009, 03:16 PM
Most of it went home with the contractors.....

Especially tools, rain gear, and anything else the company had laying around.

electriklady
07-21-2009, 05:01 PM
you could just feel the luv at the big meeting in clearfield!!!!!made me feel all warm & fuzzy inside what a joke. found everything in the buildings were thrown in the dumpster including rubber gloves coveralls anything that wasn't tied down doors were removed from the hinges, lockers were pryed open and cleaned out. whatever none of it was my property just a couple of food receits.no big deal. trucks were missing alot of tools but all that stuff was company prop. so whatever!!!!!!!!

We had chairs out on the dock where we congregated before work, gone, linemans desks, gone, all bulletin boards wiped clean, cept for the safety board. Papers with contact numbers to electricians, customers, etc ...thrown away. They come in and talk about trust and the next sentences are lies about the vehicle accident rate, how good the saidi and caidi minutes still are, blah, blah,blah. We got the lecture that they are going to show respect to us and we are to show respect to them, and one supervisor right off the bat stated, "there are a lot of people who want your jobs, so if you dont like it, I will be happy to help you fill out an application for Burger King." Now that is RESPECT!!!!! NOT!!!!!! That is being a supreme A$$HOLE, and I dont know about you guys but I never met an a$$hole I respected yet!

johnny cash
07-21-2009, 05:49 PM
Day 2. One union bulletin board per building, no more shower time, no money for FR clothing. Can't wait til tomorrow.

johnny cash
07-21-2009, 06:03 PM
On a different note, does anyone know anything about Duke Power? Good to work for? Thanks.

Lizzy Bordon
07-21-2009, 09:49 PM
Makes you wonder how did the pole numbers, meter numbers, serial numbers ect get transposed anyway.

Go to Burger King get the application and fill it out with your bosses name on it and make sure to mention he is handicapped.

Pull out all the little inserts to order magazines in magazines and fill in his name and address and check please bill me. This will take him months to fix.

If he walks out of the room, go on his computer to the INTERNET and look up something like free rebates, college search and click free information. He will get so many spam things he will go nuts.

Switch a few letters on his key board.

Tangle foot on his door handle.

Fiberglass on his office chair works well or rub inside his boots if he leave them under his desk or inside his FR stuff.:eek:

Report him for DUI when you see him out.

Man this could be fun.

Call hair club for men and leave his outside line number.

Give his number to an electrician who has a bunch of friends.

loose neutral
07-21-2009, 09:54 PM
You are truly evil and I'm really glad you're on our side !!! Thanks for the tips.;)

Lizzy Bordon
07-21-2009, 11:24 PM
I love the fiberglass.......the good old pink stuff. I am still laughing because it will take him days to get everything sliver out. He will have to wait to get some red spots to find them. Leave him a tick kit so he can use the tweasers.

P.S. Pick out good magazines such Playgirl.

There used to be a website Revenge.com it was a riot.

lineman1
07-22-2009, 07:51 PM
hey johny did you guys hear that adeal was done and duke energy bought us we also heard national grid and allegheny were interested

johnny cash
07-22-2009, 08:51 PM
I heard that an announcement was probably going to be made concerning Duke buying us by the end of August. Haven't heard anything in regards to the other 2 companies.

electriklady
07-22-2009, 08:55 PM
I heard that an announcement was probably going to be made concerning Duke buying us by the end of August. Haven't heard anything in regards to the other 2 companies.

Just Penelec?

electriklady
07-22-2009, 09:13 PM
hey climbing high, what do ya think? As you said if it is true, could it be any worse?

climbing high
07-22-2009, 09:30 PM
let us hope it is true and get rid of these assholes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lizzy Bordon
07-22-2009, 09:59 PM
I hope they do not have plastic shoes and comb over hair...........run!!!

It has to be better.

electriklady
07-23-2009, 05:38 PM
I have a question for Jim Napier........How is it that a two man crew(working during the strike, fe company employees) can almost tear a bucket off a truck, doing approximately 20,000 dollars damage, and not get a letter in their file and time off for what I classify as a motor vehicle accident? I know if I did that, I certainly would have a letter in my file and time off, if I was even still employed by fe. I just want some clarification on whether there are two sets of safety rules here, and if not, is it just that there are two seperate avenues of punishment. If you are a company employee, one of which lied to the customers about why we were on strike and bragged that he wished we would stay on strike forever, because he was making so much money, you get no punishment. If you are a union employee, they literally want to string you up and hang you if you have any kind of accident. If there are 2 seperate APH's, one for management and one for union "WORKERS"(ie the ones making all the money for the company) could I please put my request in to have the copy for company people, I know I probably would sleep a lot better at night, knowing there are no consequences for any accidents that occur while driving THOUSANDS of miles a year, trying to do a good job for the customers!!!! It's like working for the mob, and knowing there is a contract on you, not a comfortable way to work at all, but my guess is that that is just what fe wants:confused:

climbing high
07-23-2009, 07:17 PM
that piece of crap must have pictures of the right people in bed with each other! sexual harrassment,wrecks, drugs, cable tv on company time. The company should be real proud of that asshole! Ronnie would have been proud of the scumbag!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike Honcho
07-23-2009, 08:31 PM
Well done, Keep your heads up and be professional. Support the five that were terminated.

Do not cheapen what you have done.

cantwait
07-23-2009, 08:38 PM
that piece of crap must have pictures of the right people in bed with each other! sexual harrassment,wrecks, drugs, cable tv on company time. The company should be real proud of that asshole! Ronnie would have been proud of the scumbag!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unfortunatley a good man (Ronnie) is rolling over in his grave.

lineman1
07-23-2009, 08:59 PM
great question electriklady billec was at our shop yesterday and took pics of our trucks that were damaged during the lockout 1 had the bucket tore off and replaced the other was a new frieght that was wrecked and not turned in we asked same question and billec agreed we would face disciplin if we did this said she would investigate outcome will probrably be we did it before lockout she didnt say that but you know how this will be

Lizzy Bordon
07-23-2009, 10:59 PM
Nothing got done at JCP&L the bosses damaged several line trucks and other vehicles. Slid in the snow, hit a deer was the answer given. Nothing was done. FE looks at it like they were stressed but helped them out. I photographed my vehicle so I could not be blamed for any of it.

Dshutter
07-24-2009, 09:49 PM
is it true that you got a zero percent cost of living the first year and 2.5 after that

mx-5
07-25-2009, 08:13 AM
"is it true that you got a zero percent cost of living the first year and 2.5 after that"..if true did your business manager supply the membership with lube...:eek:

jrwhd68
07-25-2009, 08:58 AM
yes we got a 0% raise this year 2.5% in 2010 and 2.5% in 2011 most of the other locals not all took a 5% decrease in 09. are big issue was the 24/7 sched. that would have been horriable with this company they already think they own you!!!! let alone giving them that kind of power?

electriklady
07-25-2009, 09:33 AM
"is it true that you got a zero percent cost of living the first year and 2.5 after that"..if true did your business manager supply the membership with lube...:eek:

As jrw stated, the numbers you quoted are correct! Some of you may have missed the fact that this strike was NEVER about money for the majority of the membership. Are we naive enough to believe that First Enema is broke? Absolutely not. Personally, I consider everything that comes out of their mouth to be an absolute lie, and it is all just blah blah blah to me. What is a fact is that they wanted to have complete control, on the job and off, of a group of men that have dedicated their lives to providing excellent service to the paying customers in Pennsylvania. They would dictate what days they worked and what hours they worked, and made it clear that they were going to use the weather as a determining factor in those decisions, and we know that they would also use spite to determine if the linemen might all of a sudden be working Saturday and Sunday, thus not allowing one of these men to have any kind of personal life. Our membership(linemen, electrical equipment, stores, collectors, meter department, meter readers, mechanics, com techs) came together as one, and said NO, you are not going to do this to these men. You do not own us, so as u see, this was, as I stated NEVER about money, it was a "Quality of Life issue." We took a stand for what we believed in, and it not being about money does not make it any less valid. We are proud of what we did, and to suggest that we "took it up the a$$" with our raise percentage, makes me see that many did not care what our fight was over. We VOTED yes for this contract, and we are very proud to be members of LOCAL 459, and very PROUD of what we stood together for.

cantwait
07-25-2009, 09:38 AM
well put Electriklady!

cantwait
07-25-2009, 09:46 AM
Our members put alot on the line to beat this 24/7 proposal that would've impacted linemen the hardest. Five members were terminated and countless others were/are out of $$$. I hope we don't forget the sacrifices other lesser paid depts. made next time around when fe tries to stick something up their asses. My family and I appreciate their sacrifice and we won't forget them the next time around. This strike was SOLIDARITY at its finest!

jrwhd68
07-25-2009, 10:13 AM
the 24/7 schd. would have impacked everyone not just lineman. it would have affected everyone,hazzard responders, EE , mech , depending on who FE felt like messing with that day and yes they are that petty folks it had nothing to do with reliablity for the cust. now they going to make life as horriable as they can to see if anyone will quit so they can get their #'s down. just smile and wait for the corp. / mangt. layoffs and smile!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

electriklady
07-25-2009, 10:16 AM
Our members put alot on the line to beat this 24/7 proposal that would've impacted linemen the hardest. Five members were terminated and countless others were/are out of $$$. I hope we don't forget the sacrifices other lesser paid depts. made next time around when fe tries to stick something up their asses. My family and I appreciate their sacrifice and we won't forget them the next time around. This strike was SOLIDARITY at its finest!

and you know what, I think I speak for many, when I say we would do it all again! I think 459 is a great example of what "true unionism and solidarity" is all about! Our reasons were our reasons, and they dont have to be the popular reasons, just ones we believe in, what is right for us. and I, for one, believe we did the right thing, and won what we were "walking that picket line for"

jrwhd68
07-25-2009, 10:20 AM
I agree electric lady!!!!

loose neutral
07-25-2009, 10:47 AM
Believe me, if this local felt we were getting a bad deal, we would have told FE to stick it up their A$$es. Our BA would not have even brought it back to us if he thought it was a piece of garbage.That's just how we roll. Electric Lady is right. This stand was never about coin. It was about quality of life issues and safety. If we would have gone out for money, we would have had zero community support. The community support that we did get, helped us tremendously. If we would have went out just for money, we would have been lowering ourselves down to FE's level of greed and that's not what 459 is about. UWUA locals are the ones who took it in the a$$. They bent over before they even stood up. They are the ones who needed the lube !!!!

loose neutral
07-25-2009, 10:55 AM
I heard First Enema is going to make more management cuts. The number is like around 1,400. I hope all of the company scabs are seeing how much THEIR company appreciates all of their time and effort to come out and scab during the strike. They got a pat on the back, now they get a kick in the ass. Right out the door !!!!

electriklady
07-25-2009, 11:17 AM
;)Loose, I hear the first round is all corporate people(IT, financial, etc) but then there is going to be a second round....they are trimming the fat, makes you kinda wonder if a carving of the roast isnt about to happen. Time will tell. Rumors still flying about Duke......of course, like I said.....if their lips are moving-they are lying......so who the hell knows. I guess we will find out sooner or later.

electriklady
07-29-2009, 07:42 PM
http://www.reuters.com/article/marketsNews/idAFN2924800320090729?rpc=44&pageNumber=1&virtualBrandChannel=0

cantwait
07-29-2009, 08:54 PM
Excelon rumors were being whispered a few years ago. Hey they cant be any worse than Worst Enemy.

electriklady
07-29-2009, 09:47 PM
Cantwait...probably same circus....different clowns;)

toggle
07-30-2009, 05:57 AM
exelon is just as bad as first energy they cut all staff got rid of transmission department hire contractors for everything

Orgnizdlbr
07-30-2009, 06:33 AM
Exelon is no better than FE.......

electriklady
07-30-2009, 04:16 PM
:p Just as I figured! Oh well.....If it ever does happen I will look at it as a whole bunch of fresh faces to do battle with, same ole faces get boring after awhile....Bout the time I get sick of dealing with the new faces, I can ride off into the sunset and forget all about the the best job I ever had working for the worst people I ever worked for.

Lizzy Bordon
07-30-2009, 09:44 PM
OMG I am on vacation in Chincoteague Va. and run into a guy from Frontier Telephone toward Scranton Pa area. He told me that they call FE Forced Energy because your just stuck with them. He said his company is making them take 10 day furlows.

brokenxarm
07-31-2009, 05:52 AM
What's the deal about this vero? If you have to vote on it, sounds like a compromise on some issue or issues?

mx-5
07-31-2009, 08:40 AM
if their cutting management now you can bet the field people will be next...:mad:

johnny cash
07-31-2009, 05:06 PM
What's the deal about this vero? If you have to vote on it, sounds like a compromise on some issue or issues?

Jim's letter was true, there are no strings attached. However while the Vero does benefit the people that are getting ready to retire it really benefits the company, and it doesn't benefit all members of 459. Other bargaining units were offered the Vero as a part of their contract extension/negotiations and those that accepted it received perks like longer contracts and higher raises. We weren't offered anything for accepting it. During negotiations we were told there really isn't any money for us, but the company "found" over $2million to give severance packages for the 70ish people in 459 that would be eligible for the vero. ( a 3% raise for all of 459 would have cost the company approximately $900,000/year) Also any opening created by 459 retirees taking the vero packages are not guaranteed to save jobs in 459 it could save company jobs. Don and Greg do a good job of presenting all sides of the vero but definitely ask questions and don't think it doesn't affect you just because you aren't 58 or older. If there are any company people reading this, bring the vero back to us with an incentive like an additional year to the contract and a 3% raise EACH year and you'll get my vote, otherwise thanks but no thanks.

electriklady
07-31-2009, 06:55 PM
I stand by the fact as I have stated all along.....to me personally and many many that I work with, when I voted to strike First Enema could have offered me a $20 an hour raise and I would have still voted to strike. When I talk about the strike, I many times speak for many....now I am speaking for just me. I am not a dog, and I am not a child, and I am not an idiot....so just in case First Enema still doesnt get it...I DON'T LIKE BEING TREATED AS SUCH. Just because I dont do your tricks, don't kick me....because I dont agree with the stupidity being shoved down my throat, don't threaten to ground me, and as for the idiot part.....The fact that I speak up against stupid rules like wearing 14 calories of fr when working on secondary, when OSHA personally called me and stated we dont need it for secondary, well if that makes me an idiot.....give me the dunce cap. Do I want you to make money and be successful, of course I do, for purely selfish reasons...if you make money...I make money. BUT....I will never lie down and stop complaining about being treated like the enemy, that doesnt make me a bitcher or a troublemaker, it makes me a person who does a hell of a job for your company everyday, and someone who expects to be treated with the RESPECT that I deserve. I worked for the old Penelec, and while it was not perfect.....we had a president who was a real man.......Bob Wise...I think he genuinely liked and admired his employees, and seemed to recognize and treat us as the assets that we are. Jin Napier seems to think he needs to revamp our work ethic...well Jim, my mother and father(God rest their souls) taught me my work ethic a long time ago, and it is exemplary. It doesnt need to be fine tuned at all. I take the vero as another attempt to plead poverty to lay the ground work for cutting union jobs..........The letter sounded like another veiled threat, which FE is so good at making. I dont care that they found 2 million for the vero, that is not my bitch..... until I see a GENUINE change in the corporate culture,not just lip service like I heard the day we returned to work, I dont feel any incentive to be cooperative with any of your "Bright Ideas":mad:

Lizzy Bordon
07-31-2009, 07:08 PM
I said the same thing for years. Kick a dog long enough and it will bite you. Pack animals attack. Do the math. If you were treated well you would gladly work harder. When you are put down, belittled, berated it eventually leads to hard feelings, resentment and less work or quality of.

Sad part is everyone counts the days for retirement for peace of mind. The retiree benefits really stink so no sence hanging around longer for them.

Now you just to go to work and get paid and no longer have any pride or spirit left. It is a shame everyone really needs the money or you could leave them high and dry on every storm.

Nothing matters to them. They treat all with contempt.

Electriklady you said it well!!!

climbing high
08-02-2009, 12:06 PM
I agree with johnny cash. In order for them to want us to take the vero,Donny should insist on three things. First and foremost we want our brothers back to work, second,our letter out of our files that got put in may, and three,we want our beeper money the dictators owe us. All tony has to do is sell one of airplanes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

electriklady
08-02-2009, 02:05 PM
Come on, climbinghigh.........be reasonable, if he had to sell one of the jets he would only have 3 left!!!!!! How could a ceo of a company that covers Ohio, PA. and NJ be expected to survive with only 3 jets. You ask too much! LMAO;)

electriklady
08-02-2009, 02:27 PM
oppppps....how could I be so stupid, I forgot the jet(s) are for personal use. I didnt mean to infer that he couldnt effectively do his job without them. What the hell was I thinking?:cool:

climbing high
08-02-2009, 08:00 PM
The one person I would keep if I was first enemy woulld be the guy who has wrecked everything he touched during the strike. But of course pretty boy cannot get in trouble. What a joke!!!!!!! good thing we were not off all summer because there would not have been any trucks left to work with!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let's see? 3 days off no seatbelt twentythousand dollars damage to a truck and nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I'm glad we all work under the same rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what a joke! Whats next Take a lock off a switch that is tagged out? Oh wait . he already did that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

277/480
08-16-2009, 07:00 PM
Word came out on Friday.......Union layoff is about to happen! Amazingly the day the layoff notice was faxed around, FE told management people they would be getting back the 5% to 25% pay reduction next month. So if we are laying off due to a money crisis(obviously not because we are overstafffed), how can they afford to give their (overkill in numbers) management people the 5-25 percent they took away a couple of months ago? Sounds like retaliation to me!:confused:

shortcircuit
08-17-2009, 05:55 PM
You wouldn't expect anything less from this first class organization would you 277/480?

Lizzy Bordon
08-17-2009, 10:37 PM
I am still baffled by the amount of Human Resources people that they have hanging around. Think about it. They never work a storm, they have no clue or say check the web site when you have a benefits meeting or call the help desk. I just do not get it.

There must be one HR person for every 30 employees. They must be using the school teacher/student ratio.

Telephone Company is also laying off union and rumor has it PP&L office workers and call center.

277/480
08-17-2009, 10:45 PM
You wouldn't expect anything less from this first class organization would you 277/480?

NOPE, I saw this coming weeks ago, July 20th to be exact...............the day we walked back in the door:mad:

Lizzy Bordon
08-17-2009, 10:59 PM
Sprint did that in NJ. Left everyone go long enough to kill their pension, vacation, ect. The complaints were so bad the Board of Public Utilities told them they had to hire people back.

A lot of people actually got better jobs and refused to come back. The company was left with a bunch of new people and was playing catch up for years.

Next they will want to create new job titles like they did with the mark out tech jobs and meter readers and lowered the pay down to $10.00 and drive your own vehicle.

longpole
08-19-2009, 01:36 PM
I've been hearing from guys all over the system that their supervisors have been telling them all would be well if our Union leaders would just try to get along with the company.....meaning Napier and Scott Wy-Not-a-man. How dumb do they think we are? These assholes have been programmed to shovel this bullshit by Nap and Scotty. Well I hope they follow this web site. I showed it to my boss so he could see for himself what the rank and file think of First Enemy. As far as the rumors about us being bought by another company, we have a saying where I work..."If the second worst utility in the nation buys us, we'll be moving up one notch"!!!!:D:D:D

Lizzy Bordon
08-20-2009, 08:56 PM
I saw this web site up on a foremans computer in NJ so they watch it. Who cares freedom of speech.

They have to do as their told or beware you'll be sold.

Invite Uncle Tony to the shop for a visit have him bring his nephew. Tell them you want to clear the air. It will never happen they are afraid of the lineman....well in Jersey anyway.

I beleive it was Uncle Tony threw his coffee cup against the wall in Summit Line.........you should have seen how happy the line shop was. It was Christmas.

If FE got bought out. I think their would be one huge party and the employees would probably want to buy some stock to bring it up...so nice to dream.

electriklady
08-23-2009, 09:03 AM
After 3 days I think I have calmed down suffiently to write a coherent post regarding First Enemy, and it not be completely comprised of expletive deletives. Thursday morning 17 union workers for PENELEC were notified that they were being laid off. My department was hit hard with 5 of those 17 lay offs(we dont have enough people in our area to keep up with the work as it is) Of course First Enemy uses the reason as their "financial situation." 17 workers.....not top paid workers.....not linemen nor electrical equipment, not what First Enemy classifies as "essential" personel.....general utility people, Store keepers, Field Testers and Field Tester chiefs, mechanic, a collector, etc. At the same time that all this was coming down, the management people that took a 5% cut in salary(due to FE's financial condition) were told that they would be getting their 5% paycut back, I believe in September. Some would think....thats not so bad....they can bump. You would have to know what Penelecs territory is like to realize that is not a great solution for many. We are a very rural and spread out company.....especially here on the eastern side of the state. Also the ones laid off can only bump an equal or lesser classification...so for many that means.....................meter reading.....the people in the company that are treated like the lowest piece of dogsh*t by local management and above. Many of these people came from meter reading, and bid out because of how bad the job has become and how bad they were treated....how do I know that......I was one of them. Now I am no mathemetician but......it seems to me that 17 UNION people(in Penelec only, as far as I know) is not going to have any kind of impact on First Enemy's financial bottom line...especially while at the same time management people will be getting their 5% back this coming month. It certainly feels like an "unfair labor practice" and more than that it just plain feels like a low down dirty rotten payback for going on strike and voting down their VERO, and I, for one................AM FURIOUS!:mad:

Lizzy Bordon
08-23-2009, 09:42 AM
You have every right to be mad. It does seem as if it is spite and another act of immaturity by the company. JCP&L hardly has any mechanics left everything is farmed out. The meters will get estimated so customers need to call the PUC.

They still have not touched there own heavy load of Human Resource people and field inspectors in the Asset Group where they stuck a bunch of managers friends who have no clue what they are even looking at. If you pay attention you will notice that there are about 3 Asset people checking pole lines in each district. Most districts barely have that many lineman left. There are not enough lineman to do the bogus repairs handed in by Asset. Take notice the money wasted on Tough Books wireless computers and cards, wireless key boards and other state of the art equipment they have while the line shop gets a Buck Squeeze. (Lets pick something out expensive the union members will dispise). Almost two years of three people going out daily to inspect lines and they still are not done....WTF. $70,000 each. Suggestion isnt it a clerks job to enter the ticket into the SAP system. They pay them less and I am sure they are at least 85% faster. They are doing a ton of clerical work and the union is letting it slip by. Time to get tough in bad economic times.

There is usually 3 if not more foreman per shop of 10 lineman.

My favorite pet peeve is why the hell is the building empty by 1:00 and the golf course if full. Why not keep you worthless butt in your chair and earn your pay.

Thanks electrik lady for firing me up this morning. Do me a favor and investigate some of the clerical work the do and see if you can make a dent get the girls their work back.

climbing high
08-23-2009, 11:01 AM
After what I saw and heard thursday,I pretty much understand how bad things are. First of all,you have a foreman and a so called safety person in the same room,you hit them with concerns you have on some issues, and the only response is make sure you fill out the blue sheets!!!! What a joke!!! We have someone in charge of safety that first of all doesnot know the differnce between secondary and primary 120 from 240 and delta from wye.We have had 4 people killed in 18 months and the only answer management has is blue sheets!!!! Then you have the one have of plug and burn hook up an underground tub and put all the secondary connections under the nuetral bushing!!!! This just 2 weeks after he burned down three phase line and blamed it on lighting when it did not hold!!! And the company cannot figure out how people are getting killed. Oh well blame everything on the workers. In closing I am going to mow my lawn but donot worry anyone my bluesheet and 8 layers of f.r. clothing will be on. After allI am close to a couple of outlets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

longpole
08-23-2009, 08:29 PM
After 3 days I think I have calmed down suffiently to write a coherent post regarding First Enemy, and it not be completely comprised of expletive deletives. Thursday morning 17 union workers for PENELEC were notified that they were being laid off. My department was hit hard with 5 of those 17 lay offs(we dont have enough people in our area to keep up with the work as it is) Of course First Enemy uses the reason as their "financial situation." 17 workers.....not top paid workers.....not linemen nor electrical equipment, not what First Enemy classifies as "essential" personel.....general utility people, Store keepers, Field Testers and Field Tester chiefs, mechanic, a collector, etc. At the same time that all this was coming down, the management people that took a 5% cut in salary(due to FE's financial condition) were told that they would be getting their 5% paycut back, I believe in September. Some would think....thats not so bad....they can bump. You would have to know what Penelecs territory is like to realize that is not a great solution for many. We are a very rural and spread out company.....especially here on the eastern side of the state. Also the ones laid off can only bump an equal or lesser classification...so for many that means.....................meter reading.....the people in the company that are treated like the lowest piece of dogsh*t by local management and above. Many of these people came from meter reading, and bid out because of how bad the job has become and how bad they were treated....how do I know that......I was one of them. Now I am no mathemetician but......it seems to me that 17 UNION people(in Penelec only, as far as I know) is not going to have any kind of impact on First Enemy's financial bottom line...especially while at the same time management people will be getting their 5% back this coming month. It certainly feels like an "unfair labor practice" and more than that it just plain feels like a low down dirty rotten payback for going on strike and voting down their VERO, and I, for one................AM FURIOUS!:mad:

You're right electric "L" , this is nothing more than payback. If the company really wanted to cut costs and not hurt our customers they'd throw out some of the dead weight that sits around all day on their brains.:mad:

Lizzy Bordon
08-23-2009, 11:50 PM
First Energy needs to have a new advertisement and use the kid from the Christmas story laying flat on his back in the snow because his mother put so many clothes on him he can not possibly move. The BB gun kid "You will shoot your eye out kid".

I can not understand why something is not done about the horrific safety record. The problem did not exist before FE came into town. FR=Fu#king ridiculous.

If there is a god then FE will get bought out.

Tony = Totally oblivious numb-nuts yuppie.

loose neutral
08-24-2009, 07:48 PM
They dress us up in so much crap that people are starting to feel bulletproof. Some guys are not using their heads and are putting themselves into situations they shouldn't be in because they feel too safe. Kind of like having a few beers, getting your beer goggles on and thinking you can kick Brock Lesnar's ass. Doesn't work that way. We need to get back to basics !!! Know your job, know the hazards, develop your work habits accordingly and don't take chances.

climbing high
08-24-2009, 08:34 PM
I agree 1000 percent!!!!!!!!!!! But when you have college grads,lawyers and accountants making the rules this is what happens. Sort of the brilliant cut and run theory!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

electriklady
08-24-2009, 11:18 PM
There is another big piece of the puzzle of this injury and fatality situation at FE. Stress......Everyone has stress to some extent.......Things not going right at home, the car breaking down, a sick child or parent etc etc.......We also work in an unforgiving industry....If we make even a small mistake, it can cost us our health and yes, even our lives. Even if we are a little pre-occupied, or someone we are working with is preoccupied or makes a mistake.....the bottom line is that it can KILL us. That is a stressor in itself, the danger involved in the industry. Now lets add 95 degree temps, high humidity, and fr clothing, maybe sleeves, gloves, a hardhat etc etc. One has to be almost superhuman not to be distracted by discomfort. Or go the other way....0 degrees with a -20 windchill, add some snow or maybe our favorite.....ice. Again things working on our brain. If your home stressors, and temperature stressors, and crazy drivers, nasty dogs, pi$$ed off customers, etc, etc, etc are not quite enough to even distract you the slightest bit...add to it the fact that you work for a company, whose management has no understanding, respect or consideration for you or what you do to get the job done for them each day.... and I am thinking there is a slight chance that no matter how hard we try to work safe, you can easily, for just a second lose your train of thought, and become one of FE's statistics. And we all know, it only takes an instance, and it is "end of game." It is easier said than done, as we, unlike our perfect management, are human and subject to our environment. After all if they make a mistake........they can just lie and cover it up. Us....we make a mistake and we would just lie down, and the coroner would cover us up! Not a pretty thought!!! Think about it, FE, the reason behind the rise in the accident rate might be right in front of your eyes(right now).

electriklady
08-25-2009, 09:06 PM
I would like to commend the leadership of IBEW Local 459, Talk about showing that you have the members best interests at heart.............I for one think I speak for many when I say "we salute you!!!!!!!!"

terminater
08-26-2009, 06:04 PM
First of all hi to all my union buddies, lets start here worst energy, were sorry to inform you ,but you dont have a job any more your laid off, so see ya ,would you ilke to b-ump ,oh no ,why not? it,s your right to take a guy out that has 4 kids and no other income,come on bump, no ok ,your outta here, oh no, sorry after letting you sit for almost a week now you have a job again, yaaaaaaa, lets party,what the dillio ,are these idiots on crack , or are they just plain cracked!!!!!!!!!! So welcome back to all you poor souls that almost got out of this shi___ hole,we love ya and would of truely missed ya, and thank you IBEW LOCAL 459 for saving our brothers and sisters,as my best pal ,climbing high once said- STICK TO YOUR GUNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!,

electriklady
08-26-2009, 06:27 PM
;)

Welcome aboard Terminater, you Worst Enemy hater. Good to see ya online.

loose neutral
08-26-2009, 06:57 PM
I totally agree with you E L. If anyone has doubts about our leadership's commitment to the best interests of the members, they truly need their heads examined. Strong leadership+strong members= strong UNION !!!!!:D

terminater
08-27-2009, 06:01 PM
;)

Welcome aboard Terminater, you Worst Enemy hater. Good to see ya online.

Thanks, i'ts great to be here,Im looking foreward to the second week in September,I look at it like weeding out the veggie garden, hopefully we,ll loose some of the corporate fruits, well I can always dream cant I?

jrwhd68
08-27-2009, 06:16 PM
why the 2nd week in sept is there another round of management layoffs!!!!!!! One can only hope!!!!!!!!;)

terminater
08-27-2009, 06:29 PM
Yes, the second week in September,lay off for company delivery personal,Im keeping my fingers and toes crossed for this one.

electriklady
08-27-2009, 06:45 PM
:D If you weed out all the "corporate fruits" we will be a "self directed workforce" again, remember that.....when Penelec and GPU trusted its employees to get the work done, which we did, and nobody was riding out a$$es constantly. Oh yea, I think that was back when we had the "teamwork" concept too, I think teamwork for FE means they work as a team to see how many of us they can get rid of. One thing about micromanaging is that it gives a lot of people a job(a highpaying job at that) that we dont need, and not enough "field workers" that we do need. What a brilliant concept!!!!!!! NOT!!!!!!:cool:

Enemy Within
08-27-2009, 08:47 PM
EL - get a life.

Lizzy Bordon
08-27-2009, 11:22 PM
What is company delivery personal.

I heard they wanted to get the older lineman to retire but burn them on early retirement payout.

Self directed work force was nice. Your right a lot got done and you had pride in what you did.

Pray for a buy out. Bring back Dennis Baldaseri the italian who had family values and cared about the employees and the customers.

dvrdwn
08-28-2009, 02:56 PM
I am new to this site and I have been following this thread for sometime. I cant believe fe is a shit hole, I almost decided to go to work for them about a year ago. I am glad I didnt, I hate to see my fellow brothers and sisters going through what they going through now. I thaught we had it bad down here with our so called "brothers" caveing in to the company with their threats and we definately have a problem with " solidarity and being united", its a joke here as most are out for themselves. Whatever happens be safe and return to your families at the end of each day

terminater
08-28-2009, 03:25 PM
:mad:To enemy with in why dont you go back up tp Preston Park I hear there, hiring at the cable company, it will bring back all those old memmories of you running cable wire on Penelec time,watch your back, Ihave a memory bank bigger than an elephant,and all the paper work to back it up!!!!!!!!!!!!

terminater
08-28-2009, 03:37 PM
I am new to this site and I have been following this thread for sometime. I cant believe fe is a shit hole, I almost decided to go to work for them about a year ago. I am glad I didnt, I hate to see my fellow brothers and sisters going through what they going through now. I thaught we had it bad down here with our so called "brothers" caveing in to the company with their threats and we definately have a problem with " solidarity and being united", its a joke here as most are out for themselves. Whatever happens be safe and return to your families at the end of each day
Ill tell you how bad it really is, lets see the total cost for tolite paper, hand soap paper towles, and other bare ness, the total cost your guess, were talking for a group of five ,ok well were getting a royal spanking over the low cost of these products ,at the time they were needed so they were purchased and submitted to the proper management,well the poopie hit the fan for a low amt of $40.00 , so on Monday I will be wearing my diaper what about you?

electriklady
08-28-2009, 04:34 PM
Nice response Thats the same attitude that got you fired dumba%@. Im not on hear to argue with a (former) employee. Anyway, shouldnt u b looking for a job:D

Does anyone know how they are going to handle our vacation when we go back? I have several weeks of caryover from last year and want to take it all. Any chance we can cash it in and get a check?

Thanks for your concern with my life, how thoughtful..............this coming from someone who carried over several weeks of vacation last year and was asking if you could cash them in for $$$$$$$$. If I ever get to that point...... where I want to cash in my private time away from FE for money, or even carry over one day of vacation, I will worry about getting a life, till then......I am havin a blast!!!!!!:D

electriklady
08-28-2009, 04:45 PM
It seems that buying toiletries for the "Prehistoric Park" building in Wayne County, PA(a five person shop) have become too much of a financial burden on First Enema, so instead of putting FE under so much finanacial pressure, lets try this. I am taking up a collection for such essentials as toilet paper, paper towels, handsoap, garbage bags etc. If any of you brothers and sister could spare even one dollar, it would be immensely appreciated. I would enclose their address to send the donations to, but.....FE took away their post office box too. You can just send them to the Montrose building, we will deliver them, in a timely manner(I hope), if not we will use the donated money for "depends"

And you guys call me a cheese eatin rat traitor for leavin ya, but I am still looking out for ya!;)

climbing high
08-29-2009, 03:42 PM
Don't worry electric lady, I have the problem solved One big litter box and we will dump it every month!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

electriklady
08-29-2009, 08:58 PM
Well if your are gonna do the litter box thing, take no mind of the fact that when I get near the building, I might floor it, cruise right on past to the Preston Park Market, I think they have TP and soap and towels. Now like I told the FPL guys, bodily functions can be averted with the "mind over matter approach." Just keep telling yourself, I can control my bodily funtions until after 3:30, I know I can do it, and soon it will be second nature. What the hell is wrong with you guys? Dammmm lightweights;)

Besides you remember what they told us when we didnt have a bathroom all that time the first year. Toiletries is a small issue compared to that freaking fiasco.:cool:

electriklady
09-08-2009, 05:28 PM
Thanks to the anonymous donor from Erie for the Preston Park toiletry fund. We will save it until we accumulate a roll. The best part is that the line foreman opened the envelope. I thought we were gonna pi$$ our pants laughing.:D

climbing high
09-08-2009, 05:44 PM
Electric lady do you know how f''''king stupid these people look to everybody? The meter reader is on his 10th modem and it still doesnot work!!!!!!!!!!! Like the license plate said You can't fix stupid!!!!! Out of garbage bags and 2 rolls of paper. Maybe Aqua man was right A port a john would work!!!!!!!!!!! Oh wait that takes paper too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

electriklady
09-08-2009, 05:51 PM
Electric lady do you know how f''''king stupid these people look to everybody? The meter reader is on his 10th modem and it still doesnot work!!!!!!!!!!! Like the license plate said You can't fix stupid!!!!! Out of garbage bags and 2 rolls of paper. Maybe Aqua man was right A port a john would work!!!!!!!!!!! Oh wait that takes paper too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I saw his boss pull intoday as I was leavin. Throw the garbage on the floor, it will match the rest of the decor in that building. You know....there is always the woods, and there are a lot of leaves yet. that was their answer before so....................I know where you can get a lot of BLUE tp if your interested.

ps....Erie sent a donation today, I think the tide is turnin, i will take care of this issue for you, dont worry

terminater
09-08-2009, 06:42 PM
Hey, climbing high,I was at the building today , and no tolite paper, what the hell, one sheet per person , don,t you know times are tough,good thing the leaves are falling over there!

longpole
09-11-2009, 09:05 AM
I say-----Sh-t on the bosses desk!!! maybe when the pile gets high enough he'll decide TP is necessary after all. The only problem with this is if you have to go talk to the boss for anything you might not know which pile of sh-t to talk to!!!:D:D

terminater
09-20-2009, 11:19 AM
This company has a lot to learn,I say they invest thousands in there workforce,then they turn around and treat treat them like doggie dirt,or worse, ok worse for sure, well wake up , there dropping out like flies,and some are your own, of corse,the kiss- a$$$$$$es will stay,after all you never know when aqua man might have to jump in the Straucca creek again to save the day!

electriklady
09-20-2009, 03:31 PM
This company has a lot to learn,I say they invest thousands in there workforce,then they turn around and treat treat them like doggie dirt,or worse, ok worse for sure, well wake up , there dropping out like flies,and some are your own, of corse,the kiss- a$$$$$$es will stay,after all you never know when aqua man might have to jump in the Straucca creek again to save the day!

I am pretty sure that they will never learn until the lights go out and stay out.,,,,then they might get a SMALL indication that they have a BIG problem!!!!!!! If no one ever left because they cant stand working for people who treat them like sheeeeet, just look at the age of the workforce. We are a bunch of middleaged and old goats. ;) They better get ready for a mass exodus soon, or we will all be sittin in the dark.

Lizzy Bordon
09-21-2009, 01:36 AM
Change is hard but feeling abused is worse. Mental abuse is the pitts. They had a book called High Velocity Culture they gave all the bossed in NJ to read so they could treat everyone like trash and break the union. Let me think where else would you find a company who is so cheap but will buy books on abuse for supervisors...........hmmmmm..........ding ding ding.....its first energy. Pa people are hunkering down for the rate cap to come off. So many people putting in the modern wood stoves or changing out electric heat. I delivered 3 cords of wood this weekend and all had the same feeling the power company needs a wake up call. These are total electric houses so I hope I saved them some money.

terminater
09-27-2009, 02:30 PM
Lets see no sick leave, for you,well you have it but you are not allowed to use it, and if you do, you will take a chance of being fired, the sick leave police are out in full force, so if your sick ,you better be home, no doctor visits, no running for medication,just barricade yourself in your home and stay there:confused:and sick,and keep looking out your windows ,because Scotty boy, and Mikeytoy,are on the march with the famous pinky slips. I,ts the new non American non union way.

electriklady
09-27-2009, 05:09 PM
:confused:I have a question for first enema, if we cant use sick leave when we are sick and you want us to either come in sick(and you will find something for us to do) or to use vacation days when we are sick, shouldnt you turn all our sick leave time into vacation days?

And when you are preaching to us about the impending pandemic of H1N1 and that we should all be treated in advance, but at the same time telling us to come to work when we are sick, isnt that talking out both sides of your mouth? Last I knew...coming to work when ill(possibly with a communicable illness) and exposing yourself to the public and co-workers, is how epidemics and pandemics start!

We already have a pandemic of "swine" something at FE.:mad:

terminater
09-27-2009, 06:54 PM
Oh my , your so right my boss is a wiggly squiggly , and I can only wish she doesn;t come in contact with the Swine Flu,but then they say pigs can,t catch it, It,s all in the name.:p

climbing high
09-28-2009, 01:04 PM
I hope they send someone to my house when I am sick. It has been al long time since I have used a baseball bat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just waiting for the right people to show up!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a bunch of inept assholes

electriklady
09-28-2009, 05:06 PM
I hope they send someone to my house when I am sick. It has been al long time since I have used a baseball bat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just waiting for the right people to show up!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a bunch of inept assholes

I bet I can guess the names of 3 or 4 people whose head you would like to use for batting practice....if I think really hard!!!!!!!!!;)

terminater
09-30-2009, 08:44 PM
:Well here we go again, an other one bites the dust,sound familar,bye bye, enforcer, we will miss you,some day they will learn,to treat their people with respect,untill then,the line keeps getting smaller ,and smaller, how soon till the next one ,dont blink::rolleyes:

electriklady
09-30-2009, 09:43 PM
I wonder if FE ever heard of the story "Mutiny on the Bounty?" I doubt it, they dont seem like the literary types, well, now I guess they are gonna live it. I would like to congratulate PPL on hiring some of our finest ex linemEn!
and remember FE, DON"T BLINK!;):eek::p

terminater
10-02-2009, 05:52 AM
Has any one any one at Worst Enemy ever heard of the word Blind Sided? If not I suggest you look it up it;s in the dictionary !!!!!!!!!! Today will be an other gerat day:)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

terminater
10-02-2009, 05:31 PM
;)Two up and four to go Scooty has no where to go:eek:

electriklady
10-02-2009, 05:41 PM
What can First Energy do to be competitive so their employees dont leave..........hmmmmmm.....lets see............maybe

Treat them like human beings!!!!!!!!!!!!

that would be my first thought, and if you have any more questions on how to keep your employees from leaving and going to other companies, why don't you ask the employees.........they could give you some great ideas!:mad:

electriklady
10-02-2009, 06:23 PM
and it has nothing to do with $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
.................................................. .................................................. ..the almighty god you worship above all else:rolleyes:

Lizzy Bordon
10-02-2009, 10:33 PM
Just get a junk yard dog. I had a poor foreman come to my house once to check on me and my dog tried to kill him. He was a nice guy too not one of the FIFO's or I would have turned up the volume on the TV.:eek:

We just went out to Ohio to pick up a pony. My friends husband was born and raised there and all his family is still there and I told her we call them a bunch of FIFO's. She wanted to know what the heck a FIFO was. Her hubby was not laughing. He was actually staying there to see a Browns game with the local boys.......they did not think FIFO was funny either. I am still laughing!!!!

FIFO FIFO FIFO.........pfffff.

climbing high
10-03-2009, 08:34 AM
Well I see we lost 2 more lineman who were journeymen. I dont think management will ever get. They are the pittsburg pirates of power companies. Train them all here spend all that money on them then have the other companies pick them off when they top off. Great way to run a program!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hey you cannot treat people like humans if you are not a human. I wonder if these guys leaving will make the press? One bad thing is that will be less blue sheets to read on a saturday! what a life he must have!Well management should be proud ! I only have one thing left to say PLEASE SELL US BEFORE NOBODY IS LEFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

cantwait
10-03-2009, 10:17 AM
I dont think they will ever get it they didnt get it when we lost four guys to nyseg. They were all great guys, great linemen, safe, and hard workers but as soon as they turned in their letters of resignation they were "no good, rotten, sick leave abusers, who never took callouts". FE will never get it. I'm with you Climbing High theres so few of us to begin with I hate to lose anymore.

brokenxarm
10-03-2009, 11:32 AM
What districts were our brothers from?

terminater
10-03-2009, 07:11 PM
The first question asked by management, how much more are they paying you? and they are supplying you with a car to, a sign on bonus too wow lucky you,$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ now what does this tell you,all they care about is $$$$$$$$$$$, the reason why our linemen are dropping out faster than you can say show me the money, is the treatment ,and disrespect,that is bestowed upon them I can assure you there will be no pee,pee ,spankings at PPL FOR CALL OUT PERCENTAGES, STICK IT WHERE THE SUN DONT SHINE,YOU LOW LIFE SWINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

electriklady
10-03-2009, 10:31 PM
I am assuming that management at Penelec thinks....."oh well, there are a lot of young people we can woo into coming to work for us, joblessness is up, they will jump at the thought of making a linemans wage, we will train them, and then we will own them, good riddance to those trouble makers......" Well these kids are not dumb, they may be new to the world of big business, and want to do anything asked of them to keep a good job but.......as long as us oldsters are around to say to them....."listen, this is not how an employer should treat an employee, you come to work, do a good job, work safely, you should not be treated like the lowest piece of $hit in the food chain. You should be treated as the valuable asset that you are. You are the heartbeat of this company. If you are not treated with the respect that you deserve, alone you are one, but together.....you are a very powerful entity, stand side by side with your brothers and sisters, watch each others backs, and you will see the POWER of brotherhood. BUT if the day comes, and it well may with FE, two, three, four years later, and your life is miserable for 40+ hours a week, you too will walk out that door, to find an employer who does see you as an asset, and not a liability, and is willing to treat you as such." So, FE, maybe you should seriously rethink your management theory, before you lose any more good employees!!!!!!!!!! An intelligent model of management would make the employer and employees partners, working toward the common good of the business, where the employer and employees share in the fruit of the employees labor. Mutual respect and loyalty would be an attainable goal. Your management model of disrespect, threats, intimidation, and alienation will yield you exactly the opposite from us, and the newbies will get tired of being treated like a dog, and they too will leave. Wake up, it is not rocket science.....are you really so blind that you think our discontent is about $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$?:confused:

Congratulations to Mr. K and Mr. M on your new jobs, we are happy for you, and sad at the same time, cause we really are like a family, and we will miss you. Good luck at PPL:):(

Lizzy Bordon
10-03-2009, 11:26 PM
Met Ed had 4 jump ship to PP&L a few months back got their time and left. I know a few people who went to PP&L and love it. More money, company truck to drive home and treated like a human.

Imagine that an employee who has feelings that works for FE.......we used to say they want everyone to drink the koolaid.

bahamabear
10-03-2009, 11:50 PM
What districts were our brothers from?

both Tunkhannock district

OLE' SORE KNEES
10-04-2009, 04:37 PM
Sounds like fpl at it's best all over again,exec's "deserve" the only raise and bennies,at least that is what one exec basically said. When the shareholders questioned him for his expense's and pay,he replied it is a competitive market and to keep good people ,they have to pay the price..........they are all out of the same mold....greedy bastards, stay the course,trades are in and will be in demand because nobody wants to beat thier body up and can you blame them the way the power co.'s take care of thier employees. It's all fine when you are young and hustling your ass off but later when you have aches and pains from that it is a problem.
Young Asset.............. Old Liability..........Where is our Golden Parachute ?

electriklady
10-04-2009, 05:40 PM
:mad:At Penelec you arent even an asset when you are young, once you are out of school and on the job, that's when they show their true colors. Of the two that just left for PPL(Pennsylvania Power and Light), one had 22 years with the company but the other, I am not sure how many he had(seems like he was just hired last year, lol) I am thinking he had less then 10 years. They have no problem telling you every chance they can..."this is the way it is, if you don't like it, you know where the door is, there are many people out there waiting to take your place." Real professional attitude, huh? If I were in upper management, and had a gm or a supervisor who said that to employees, I'd fire him on the spot.....for his lack of business ethics alone, let alone for causing dissent and conflict among the employees. Industrial Psychology will teach you that a happy(or at least contented employee) is a productive and loyal employee. Penelec's upper, middle, and lower management embrace this tactic though, so that speaks volumes about them.

At Penelec there is no golden parachute, just a push out the door with two rocks tied to your feet, and a kick in the ass on the way just for good measure, while they are laughing watchin you go down, we the working class deserve nothing.......... all the percs go to "the almighty gods of the industry.":mad:

electriklady
10-04-2009, 08:20 PM
and I forget to mention to Penelec that a happy or contented worker who feels little corporate induced stress is also

a safer employee who is less inclined to take sickdays due to stress related illnesses.

Fancy that concept!!!!!!!!!

Industrial psychology 101

terminater
10-06-2009, 07:25 PM
:confused:Remember Electric Lady, no sick days for you or any one at FE ,unless of corse you want ,time off with out pay, yesI know you work your as$$$$ of all those years,so if you become Ill you have some back up, but no more, so you,ll have to do what a certain some one did, ok lets call him AQUA man, he flunked his blow in the tube test,and was off for a whole month now thats what I call genious,It,s hard to beleive he didn,t have enough air to blow most company personal do, Oh ya I forgot ,dummy me it was the hospitals faultl! YA RIGHTOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Take an other puff, and for heavens sake don,t ever give up those WHITE RUSSINS YUMMMMMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

electriklady
10-06-2009, 07:34 PM
A NorthEastern PA Telephone Installer stopped me the other day and was telling me how NEP took their sick days away, and I said so did FE........well, not technically, we still have them, we are just told to either come to work sick or use vacation when we are sick. So when FE is going to try to woo new lineman to come to work for them I certainly hope if they list "sick leave" as a benefit, they disclose the fact that it is technically only on paper, and what their expectations are if you are sick, and the reprocussions if you use it. Ugggggh, I am starting to feel sick talking about it!;)

terminater
10-07-2009, 08:56 PM
:eek:Like I said Electric Lady, just Puff on that Magic Dragon, and throw down ,some of those Long Island Ice Teas,or White Russians ,like Aqua man .:and you,ll be looking at least a month of rest,oppps ,I forgot your not company personal , so you,ll be looking at a pernament extended leave, and sorry to say with out pay.:p:p:p

electriklady
10-08-2009, 06:50 PM
:eek:Like I said Electric Lady, just Puff on that Magic Dragon, and throw down ,some of those Long Island Ice Teas,or White Russians ,like Aqua man .:and you,ll be looking at least a month of rest,oppps ,I forgot your not company personal , so you,ll be looking at a pernament extended leave, and sorry to say with out pay.:p:p:p

I am too old for that $hit, not the month of rest, but the wacky tobacci and the tasty cocktails.....................I could use the month of rest though, paid of course. Oh, that's right I had two months of rest while on "Spring Break", unpaid, but hey, what the heck....two months of "peace and quiet." and I do stress the word "peace."

Besides if I drank too much and got a hang over...I'd have to call in dead, cause we are not allowed to use sick days!!!!!!!!!!!!Thats a no-no......

terminater
10-08-2009, 09:13 PM
Well we can,t have you dead so you,ll have to stick it out with the rest of us,who knows maybe some poor suckers will buy us,and treat us with the respect we deserve,you can always dream,and Ive heard some rumors, lets hope there true,as the saying goes;[it can,t get any worse} or can it?:confused:

electriklady
10-10-2009, 08:48 AM
Well we can,t have you dead so you,ll have to stick it out with the rest of us,who knows maybe some poor suckers will buy us,and treat us with the respect we deserve,you can always dream,and Ive heard some rumors, lets hope there true,as the saying goes;[it can,t get any worse} or can it?:confused:

hmmmmm, lets see....
If another company bought us, I guess they could come in and show us 0 respect, threaten us if we use sick leave, refuse to buy us any tools(even though some scabs played musical tools when we were on strike, and who knows where they went) make us wear a hardhat and safety glasses to final read a meter, make us wear the 5 pound cement boots to block a meter(oh yeah, forgot that doesnt pertain to you terminater, you must have magic fairy dust to protect you from STEP POTENTIAL, I thought we all worked in the same meter boxes, Oh yeah, forgot, you are corporate). I thought safety was safety for everyone. I guess a new company could come in and make us ask permission for a potty break like FPL, but half the time we are not anywhere near a potty in the territory we work in anyways. A new company could refuse to pay for our fr clothing. They could make clerks go back and audit OT because management says there is too much OT. A new company could daily point out where the door is if you dont like it. A new company could have management where each person has their own agenda, which is to make themselves look unreplaceable, nothing to do with good business practices, or customer service. New owners might promote division among departments. They might threaten a layoff to us nasty 459ers, but at the same time announce that management will get their 5 percent back(gee, and I really thought that layoff threat was about money)

oh damn it, after all this typing I realized.........we already have all that fun.
So what do you think, term, could it be any worse? I dont have that answer, but it sure doesnt hurt to wish for a miracle, that someone in power in FE wakes up and sees the damage that they are doing to their own business, or that some other company that already has that figured out buys us:confused:

jerseyslave
10-10-2009, 12:16 PM
I would think any company that would buy a portion of FE, would know that the employees would welcome them with open arms, just in the hope that they would get treated as humans not as disobediant serfs. Most of the utilities that surround our territory still operate as utilities and treat them well. Not to say they dont run a company to make money, but FE is all about money and screw the customers, regulators, and employees to get it. Very short term.

Look how that attitude work for them in ohio where they had a light bulb give away that they charged for and rammed down the customers necks. They had to put it on hold and then said to the media "what? what is the problem?"

Classic...

Now all bets are off for a wholesale takeover, It could be worse cause the new company would need to get money out.

But like someone said in a older post, if it was the second worse company, it would be one step better than first energy...

electriklady
10-10-2009, 12:59 PM
I hear what you are saying. I am making the assumption that you work for JCP&L(hello brother)...... We live in the real world, I think you and I both know it could get worse, or at least be just as bad. I hold on to the fact that there are still utilities out there that treat their employee well...of course they are out there to make money. I have stated before, I hope FE makes a $hitload of money, that is job security for all of us. But I dont agree with making or saving money at the expense of the customer(and no I am not talking about rates, I am talking about ridiculous fees for new construction, service work, while the service gets worse and worse. Why? Because we already dont have enough people, we don't have inventory, we dont have tools, and just plain inefficient management, we have money crunchers, which is fine as long as it doesnt interfere with making money) You cant save money by withholding the very items that allow employees to do their job(tools) and then tell us everything is all about safety. That is an oxymoron. You need the right tools to do the job safely. They tell us to take our time and make safety our number one priority(which I hate to tell them, I dont need them to tell me to work safe, that is in the forefront of my mind every minute of every day)..but then they bi#*h that we dont get the work dont fast enough. You cannot win with these people. Many people say...."All big business is like this." It might be the trend but that doesnt make it right. This trend needs to be reversed. Why people are complacent about it is beyond me! It is true we need them to put food on our table, BUT.....they need us to do the dirty work.....the out in the field doing it everyday stuff that is the backbone of the company. I come to work to do my job, and do it well, I thought that is what I was hired to do. I am proud to do that. Give me tools when I need them, give me OT if you want the tremendous amount of work you give in a day done, I wont abuse it, I like going home at night too much. Dont impose ridiculous rules on me that make no sense whatsoever, and treat me as less than the intelligent employee that I am. If you listen to anti union people, they say the only thing union employees care about is money. I would welcome them to come to Pennsylvania or Jersey and talk to a union employee working for FE and see just what our gripes with the company are. They just might be surprised:eek:

electriklady
10-10-2009, 01:59 PM
On 6:03 pm EDT, Thursday October 8, 2009
Buzz up! 11 Print.Companies:American Electric Power Co., Inc.Duke Energy CorporationFirstEnergy Corp.
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) -- A plan by a Midwest utility to distribute energy-efficient light bulbs to customers backfired when it was learned that the recipients would not only have to pay for the bulbs, but also pay the utility for the electricity they wouldn't be using.

Related Quotes
Symbol Price Change
AEP 30.71 +0.16

DUK 15.60 +0.01

FE 45.81 +0.42

{"s" : "aep,duk,fe","k" : "c10,l10,p20,t10","o" : "","j" : ""} Ohio's governor sent a letter to regulators who pulled the plug on the program for now, or at least on the charges that caught consumers off guard.

Utilities have been pushing consumers to become more efficient as states set new energy standards. It's not the first time consumers have felt they've been pushed too hard.

Nearly two years ago, Allegheny Power apologized for mailing energy-efficient bulbs to its 220,000 Maryland customers without letting them know they would be footing the bill. Maryland regulators said the company ignored instructions to inform customers about the program.

FirstEnergy's Ohio is now promising to work with the state's Public Service Commission to settle the dustup.

Total planned charges for unsuspecting customers for two light bulbs was $21.60, though it cost only $3.50 to buy and distribute them. To make up the cost plus lost electricity sales, FirstEnergy planned to charge customers using an average amount of electricity 60 cents a month for three years.

FirstEnergy says it will mail or hand deliver nearly 4 million bulbs over five weeks.

The light bulb distribution program was in response to a state mandate that requires utilities to reduce energy usage by 0.3 percent this year and 22.2 percent by 2025, FirstEnergy said.

The bulbs, known by their twisty, tubular shape, use up to 75 percent less electricity than a traditional incandescent bulb. Customers can save up to $60 over the life of the bulbs, which last much longer than incandescent bulbs, the Akron-based company said.

Other utilities have similar programs, but they usually provide coupons to customers or work with retailers to make discounts or rebates available.

Those programs were rejected by FirstEnergy because they don't bring down energy usage fast enough, company spokeswoman Ellen Raines said Thursday.

"We needed to find some proactive way to get bulbs in customers' hands," she said.

Proactive was not how many customers described the program to the state's Public Service Commission, which received about 1,000 calls or e-mails Wednesday. The program was launched Monday.

Commission Chairman Alan Schriber said Thursday that the commission approved FirstEnergy's plan to hand out the bulbs, but not the rate increase.

"They just dropped the ball," he said.

Gov. Ted Strickland asked that the rollout of the program be postponed.

"Ohioans are confused and angry," he said in a letter to Schriber.

brokenxarm
10-11-2009, 10:37 AM
The first part of the last sentence about the bulbs is truth in print from the Ohio gov......Ohioans are confused......classic description of a FIFO!! Idiots ARE CONFUSED!!

terminater
10-11-2009, 08:10 PM
:eek:Look I ,ve worked for many companies in my life and this is the worst ever , treatment of their employees is a disgrace to all Unions,thats why most are walking out the door and not looking back,and I say good for you,as for the difference of not having to wear the cement booties,my golden slippers are on, Ill never understand the difference, unless your group is being spanked for ,other reasons ,that only the unwise ones know,look at the supervisors, they know nothing, there all yes people,they have to live with themselves,as for me Im proud to go home at the end of the day,as for them I don,t know how they can look themselves in the mirror,and by the way you can purchase the same light bulbs at Target, they sell for $18.00 for a set of 14,you do the math FE is a rip off, will they ever learn???????????????:eek:

electriklady
10-11-2009, 08:15 PM
I want a pair of them golden slippers, I am sure they weigh a lot less than the dielectrics, maybe my back wouldnt feel like I was run over by a truck at the end of the day.

We are always being spanked for something, we are some serious a$$holes, you know that................geeeez;)

terminater
10-11-2009, 08:31 PM
Ok, lets go buy us a truck load of them there light bulbs,and head to down town Ohio, and sell them for $10.00 less than FE and then we can just sit back and relax and watch da sun rise,free at last free at last!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool:

electriklady
10-11-2009, 08:34 PM
ok, but you get downtown Cleveland, I will be waiting on the outskirts:D

terminater
10-12-2009, 08:23 PM
No way were in this togeather,The Sister Hood of 459,/ there are no cowards among us,as a matter of fact I can think of a few Brothers of 459 that we can take with us ,and then we can really kick some a$$$$$$.:)

electriklady
10-13-2009, 06:40 PM
I do believe your bathroom issues are getting out of hand, first TP rationing and now a "flashlight" as a light!!!!! It does have a nice ambiance about it but not too functional. I was gonna get you one of those famous "low energy, curly cue bulbs" that FE was selling for $20+ dollars a pair, but I read the box and it said it lasted 5 years, and I wasnt sure the Prehistoric Park building was gonna last another 5 years, so I decided it was a waste of money. You know me..............always thinking of our poor destitude company's financial bottom line.

climbing high
10-13-2009, 07:38 PM
Don"t worry electric lady We will get through this like washington did at vally forge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am sure a couple of well placed managers are on top of the situation. I bet they would really like to take care of the situation but chief 3 hairs does not have kissell there to tell him what to do. I heard he took aweek off to spend time at a tooothpaste convention!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can you imagine? One helluva tube hey??????????? Oh well , good thing he didn"t work all summer, there would not be any trucks left!!!!!!!!!!! By the way if you do read this Mr. Kissell that red tag on your desk you don"t need permission to remove. Just pretend it is on a switch. Maybe on your time off you could read that section the safety book. But if I am guessing You will ignore that like all the other rules in the safety book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lizzy Bordon
10-13-2009, 11:47 PM
Is there a case for Enthusiasm over Experience or are some people "over promoted"?A young executive was leaving the office late one evening when he found the CEO standing in front of a shredder with a piece of paper in his hand.

"Listen," said the CEO, "this is a very sensitive and important document here, and my secretary has gone for the night. Can you make this thing work?"

"Certainly," said the young executive. He turned the machine on, inserted the paper, and pressed the start button.

"Excellent, excellent!" said the CEO as his paper disappeared inside the machine. "I just need one copy."

cantwait
10-14-2009, 06:59 PM
The weathermen are calling for 1 to 3" of wet heavy snow tomorrow, that doesnt sound like much (and isnt) but on FE's dilapidated system...Look out! I just wonder if we have problems how badly they'll screw up this little storm. As bad as Erie last week? Can these people get anymore ignorant and arrogant?

cantwait
10-14-2009, 07:01 PM
Hey Lady's can I go with? Leave Climbing High home, he cant hang with us. No wait bring him along he buys beer!

terminater
10-14-2009, 07:23 PM
:p Yes can,t wait you can come with us,and so can climbing high,that is if your still here ,line men are dropping like flies,there going to the other side/the good side, as for Aqua man he,s up at his lake house,maybe he,ll drown,could we be that lucky? And now for the grand fin-ally I understand the Tunkhannock building has floating heat,i,ts a new source of heat for upstairs residents only you see the heat from the freezing garages floats up stairs and heats it,its frigging amazing, I,m going to try to bottle it up and we can take it to Ohio with us and ,try selling it to,along with those goldin bulbs, and this amazing heat we will be famous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:p

loose neutral
10-14-2009, 09:42 PM
That was quite the display of storm restoration in Erie last week. Reminded me of an old adage. Well let me see, it's something about a monkey (in this case 3 monkeys) and a football. I think they must put all of the trouble tickets in one of those bingo ball rollers and just pick them out as they go. Then when one gets completed, they put it back in there for another crew to go look at again. BRILLIANT !!!!!:eek:

electriklady
10-14-2009, 10:34 PM
Nothing changes from when we first were bought out by the "company of brilliance," I remember several years ago during a heavy wet snow going to a customers house and the man coming out, before I ever said a word and he said(and I quote)......"Before you ask, I still have no lights, and you are the 4th Penelec vehicle to come here and ask me that, are any of you actually going to fix the problem?" Needless to say, I was highly embarrassed. I keep hearing from management that the storm restroration system works though......I am just not too sure who it works for.

I thought we had a pretty good system before FE, and had always heard "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" But I guess us dumb working slugs dont know anything about gettin the work done, ask anyone in management, they will gladly tell you that.

loose neutral
10-14-2009, 11:01 PM
The downfall in storm restoration began when the Big 3 decided they could run a storm better from Erie than the local district personnel could run one in their own territory. It just goes to show you how much confidence they have in their own people. They need to keep their shit stained noses out of it, go whine and dine the PUC, and let the local personnel run their own storms. Things would get done alot safer, faster and not to mention,the PUC, the customers and we would be alot happier. They are so worried about us screwing them that they are f&$*ing themselves in the process. I repeat BRILLIANT !!!!!:rolleyes:

loose neutral
10-14-2009, 11:05 PM
Is there a case for Enthusiasm over Experience or are some people "over promoted"?A young executive was leaving the office late one evening when he found the CEO standing in front of a shredder with a piece of paper in his hand.

"Listen," said the CEO, "this is a very sensitive and important document here, and my secretary has gone for the night. Can you make this thing work?"

"Certainly," said the young executive. He turned the machine on, inserted the paper, and pressed the start button.

"Excellent, excellent!" said the CEO as his paper disappeared inside the machine. "I just need one copy."

That's awesome Lizzy, Thanks for the chuckle !!!

Lizzy Bordon
10-15-2009, 11:56 PM
Hey loose nuetral. A retirered lineman sent me that joke. I thought of two people instantly and Uncle Tony was number one followed by his nephew.

We had a discussion the other day and everything is an act of god.

I told FE once that I checked the pay roll and God was not on it, so how could it be an act of god. huh huh answer that one.

God doe not really work for FE so how can it be an act of God. God in flemington line does not count.

ACLineman
10-16-2009, 05:09 PM
Didn't JCP&L, GPU, First Energy or whatever their called now, strike about 4 years ago and the unin folks get dinged up?

I was working for GPU just the merger and glad I got on when I did ......

jerseyslave
10-16-2009, 05:49 PM
That you Buzzy?

electriklady
10-20-2009, 05:54 PM
This morning I had to sit in on my "benefit renewal/sexual harrassment/discrimination" yearly update meeting. The company man started out with the benefit renewal part of the program. The first thing he stated was that you have to go online to answer two questions from the company or you will be charged an extra $50 a month($50 a month they wont pay towards your health insurance)
They ask you if you or anyone in your household smokes...if the answer is yes....you will be charged an extra $50 per month toward your premium.
They ask you if your spouse has medical insurance...no penalty yes or no to this question.

I immediately asked the company spokesman if this was a joke? His answer...."Yes....a bad one!" I then asked him if this was an insurance agency policy or a First Energy policy....and he said it was a First Energy Policy.

Now all you non smokers out there say.....You deserve it.....you engage in risky behavior. My answer.....BULLSHIT!!!!!! If this occurs, do you know the kind of can of worms that will be open here? Are they going to ask us if we are grossly overweight, do we drink alcohol, do we practice safe sex, do we ride motorcycles without helmets(which is legal in PA), do we eat red meat, does your family have a history of cancer? I think they had better add these questions to their little website, because I am really feeling discriminated against.....and the same financial penalty better be applied with a yes answer to any of the other risky behaviors I mentioned.

6 out of every 10 Americans is overweight....I think 4 out of 10 work in FE management.......obesity is attributed to such diseases as Type 2 diabetes, heart disease, Hypertension, Polycystic Ovary syndrome(for the ladies) sexual dysfunction(for you gentlemen), and coronary artery disease.

Lets talk about alcohol......constant repeated excessive use of alcohol increases the risk of cancers such as lip, tongue, esophogial, liver and breast cancer. Not to mention the gigantic rise in the risk of physical injury to oneself or others.

And the risky behaviors and their impacts to health go on and on. I do not appreciate being singled out and stereotyped because I smoke cigarettes, pipes, or cigars, or because I chew, or someone in my family, that I reside with, does. Singling out one group and penalizing them is discrimination.

So unless all you FEers out there want to open the door for FE to decide how much of your health insurance contribution they will make based on your life choices(outside of work)....you better yell loud and long about this latest assault on employees.

At the end of the meeting I had one last comment for the company rep.....I said....."So you're telling me someone can sit at their computer on FE's website, while shooting up heroin, with no penalty, but if they answer yes to the "smoking question", they will be penalized..." He said, "It's ok as long as you dont smoke the heroin." Funny? or not?

loose neutral
10-20-2009, 06:31 PM
You're absolutely right, that is nothing but a wagon load of stink ass, no good, discriminating, FIFO BULLSHIT !!!!!!! We have not had our meeting yet but thanks for the AMMO !!!;)

electriklady
10-20-2009, 06:36 PM
Just when you think that they cant get any lower!

Can you say "Dept. of Health and Human Services, Region 3, Civil Rights/Discrimination dept?"

I can!!!!!!

OLE' SORE KNEES
10-20-2009, 06:55 PM
DeJaVu...........Do all these exec's go to the same dumbass school of how to make things run smoother ? Years ago after a hurricane in fla, the lineman would just put it back on. Now the power co. brainstorms and tells us how to do our job...........the lights come about 8-10 times longer. Dry runs are good in class,they suck in real world conditions.When you get pissed off always remember where there is confusion there is money.Take it and run so all this crap is in the rearview mirror !!!

terminater
10-20-2009, 07:43 PM
:confused:No smoking for you,No sex for you, No drinking for you, next thing you know , no nothing for you , this is socialism, they want to own you, I,m waiting for the security cameras to be installed in my home so they can watch me 24 /7, just to be sure I,m donig it right, bring it on FE, and I,ll show you how it,s done your pushing it,just remember FE,DON,T DRINK THE KOOLAIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As for you Electric Lady you,ll have the last laugh, when the obese, managers/ supervisors,who sit on there pork side all day stuffing there faces with ,chicken,chips and dips,drop over from Drinking The Koolaide.:eek:

electriklady
10-20-2009, 08:36 PM
:confused:No smoking for you,No sex for you, No drinking for you, next thing you know , no nothing for you , this is socialism, they want to own you, I,m waiting for the security cameras to be installed in my home so they can watch me 24 /7, just to be sure I,m donig it right, bring it on FE, and I,ll show you how it,s done your pushing it,just remember FE,DON,T DRINK THE KOOLAIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As for you Electric Lady you,ll have the last laugh, when the obese, managers/ supervisors,who sit on there pork side all day stuffing there faces with ,chicken,chips and dips,drop over from Drinking The Koolaide.:eek:

The sex and the drinking are a-ok in FE's eyes, it just the smoking that is the SIN. I wonder if I wear my dielectric boots while I smoke if they will drop it down to $40 a month? Hey shouldnt I get a break if I wear 5 calories of fr while I am smoking? Come on guys, give me a break!!!! Work with me here!

ClimbingFool
10-21-2009, 03:57 PM
Maybe FE shouldve named it OPEN YOUR A&*MENT! Now they want to charge $200 per month to each employee that wants to keep their spouse on there insurance if the spouse has the ability to get there own insurance through there place of work. Thats $2400 more per year tacked on to the employees wallet, along with the $50/month if you smoke,along with the BUY YOUR OWN FR CLOTHING OH BUT WE WANT YOU TO WEAR ALOT MORE NOW POLICY! WTF Can FE screw the workforce anymore?....Oh yea hangon, cuz it never stops with these people! It makes me go out and work so hard and bust my ass every day for this outfit. PPL is looking pretty fine to me!

yager024
10-21-2009, 04:07 PM
I had the pleasure of meeting Donald Lynch today (president of JCP&L) and both the sub and lineman directors. They hired a speech person for their presentation and it was far from good. lol They just rambled on about "the circle of safty" which they stole from a Linemann a couple weeks back they said. They also mentioned how 99.9% of the employees love the company but there are only a few who talk bad about it, and we should just ignore them. I also think jews are bad and should be killed off!

climbing high
10-21-2009, 06:42 PM
Lady's and gentlemen welcome to the world that is run by assholes!!!!!!! This is Jim"s world and we all must live in it. I think not!!!! Hey chief 3 hairs,have another chew!!!! I wonder if you get a deduction for having colon cancer that way most of management would get a 100% waiver for their insurance because they are all aSSHOLS!!!!!!! They can take their circle of safety and their blue sheets and shove them!!!!!! You have to smoke and drink to work for this F@@@ing outfit!!!!! They remind me of elephants, One leads and the rest grab the tails and follow in line. Except these elephants have no balls!!!!!!!!! What we really need is some more scott"s in the company! What a joke!!! Dumb dummer and stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jerseyslave
10-21-2009, 06:42 PM
Boy, if El presidente Lynch, is really that confused about the state of the employees, he should be shipped to ohio or afganistan. What is amounting to a company rewrite of the facts on a fatality in substation, constant harrassment and suspentions of employees, threats on all levels. If truly 99.9 percent love the company, then, the other .01 percent must all be around me. To use an old Irish phrase, most people "would not give the company the steam of thier piss".

amen.

electriklady
10-21-2009, 06:49 PM
I had the pleasure of meeting Donald Lynch today (president of JCP&L) and both the sub and lineman directors. They hired a speech person for their presentation and it was far from good. lol They just rambled on about "the circle of safty" which they stole from a Linemann a couple weeks back they said. They also mentioned how 99.9% of the employees love the company but there are only a few who talk bad about it, and we should just ignore them. I also think jews are bad and should be killed off!

99.9% of the employees love the company? When did FE get a sense of humor? Their management people even hate them. If they could hear them talk when they are not around! It is too comical.........If you didnt listen to the people who talk bad about FE you would not listen to 99.9% of the employees. If they wanna keep living in their fantasy world, hey who am I to stop them, just dont try to see your fantasy to the employees, we see you for just exactly what you are, we work hard for you, you pay us(till you can find a way to get out of doing that too), and other than that you are just plain ole FIRST ENEMY.

electriklady
10-21-2009, 06:54 PM
I am sensing some hostility toward out esteemed employer!:D;):D;)

lineleader
10-22-2009, 06:07 AM
i hate to do it, but it looks like United Way will not get anything from me this coming year; i'm one of the $200/mo club.

loose neutral
10-22-2009, 06:43 PM
I have never donated through the company. You give and First Enemy gets all the credit, f^$k em'. I donate on my own or through the local.

electriklady
10-22-2009, 07:05 PM
The same week we are told we are going to get "raped" on our health insurance, I come in at the end of the day to find a flyer from Alexander telling me the importance of donating to the United Way! That takes nerve.............I will not do anything to make FE appear as anything but what they are.............a corporate tyrant. Pretending to care about the people that need the help of the United Way when you dont give a damn about your own employees seems a bit hypocritical to me.

I will donate money, clothes, food, and time for any worthy cause........on my own........but in the name of FE.....not on your life.

terminater
10-22-2009, 10:11 PM
The sex and the drinking are a-ok in FE's eyes, it just the smoking that is the SIN. I wonder if I wear my dielectric boots while I smoke if they will drop it down to $40 a month? Hey shouldnt I get a break if I wear 5 calories of fr while I am smoking? Come on guys, give me a break!!!! Work with me here!

Well at least drinking is ok, remember Aqua man ? 30 days off with pay for guzzling down those white - rus- ins and god knows what else,so give up the ciggies and start sucking down the booze,remember you can always say the hospital made a big mistake while administering the test, it worked for him. COME ON FE WAKE UP AND START CLEANING OUT YOUR OWN HOUSE AND LEAVE THE WORKING MAN AND WOMEN ALONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

dvrdwn
10-23-2009, 09:31 AM
by the sound of it fe is looking to sell, same thing went on here years ago, the company hires a ceo with the main job of making the comp. down right miserable, makes management look like a gold mine, then sells it off.

electriklady
10-23-2009, 08:36 PM
One can only hope!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

bobbo
10-24-2009, 12:33 AM
What is with a company sending their company forcing 2 bulbs on consumers then charging them fourty bucks in their bill (FE). The same light bulbs you could buy at Home Depot for four. If they don't understand their consumers how are they going to figure out their employees. I have a house behind a Edison crew barn for fourty years. In the 70s there were many men working there, then the eighties half of that, 90's nobody. I didn't see a line truck in my city for thirty years. If a storm comes forget about it... lights out.

jrwhd68
10-24-2009, 09:33 AM
This company could care less about there consumers!!!! As far as employees were concidered the anti christs of the company they just can't fig. out how to get the job done without us. AS far as the light bulb issue goes they'd sell their own mother for a nickel, if they thought it would help their bonuses.

electriklady
10-24-2009, 10:00 AM
of FE's consideration for the customers and employees is.....if the rumor is true.....they will be closing down the Prehistoric Park building and moving the men to Montrose. 4 linemen and a meter reader.....2 of which will have to drive 50 minutes to report to Montrose on some of the most horrific roads one could have the misfortune to have to drive....at which time they will get in their company vehicles and drive back over those same roads to return to the territory they cover. Only in a line truck it will take much longer than 50 minutes. In the winter, we are talking a whole new ballgame....you could almost double that time, if you even make it there safely. Prehistoric Park building is and has been payed for for many years, so there is one of two scenerios that come to mind, if they pull everyone into Montrose they can try to fly the shift work again or because of all the gas companies in the area, they are looking to sell everything they can to make big bucks........ at the expense of the employees and the customers. That is the rumor.....Preston Park, Sayre, and Westfield.......we will see.:(

jrwhd68
10-24-2009, 10:11 AM
That happened here they closed all of are sub districts years ago ,do you honestly think they care how long it takes you to get there??? but it will be the employee's fault when CADI & SADI minutes aren't being met, they'll bust on the workers and promote the genius that came up with the plan! (priceless):confused:

bobbo
10-25-2009, 07:09 PM
In late 90's , GPU bought MYR group- line construction, then First Energy bought GPU, and the MYR group was owned by First Energy... There was so much buying and selling I couldn't keep up with it. Who owns who? Does anyone know that side or the history? First Energy has their hands in a lot of stuff and I don't know how will it shakes all out.

electriklady
10-25-2009, 08:19 PM
When I came to work for Penelec in 1989, there were the 3 utilities, Pennsylvania Electric Company(PENELEC), Jersey Central Power and Light(JCP&L), and Metropolitan Edison(MET ED). General Public Utilities(GPU) was the holding company. Then the three companies were merged together and titled GPU Energy. The first mention of First Enemy was, I believe termed as a merger(my co workers can correct me if I am wrong) but as far as I am concerned it was a takeover. We have little to nothing left of the practices that were used when were under GPU, all of FE's bull $hit practices have been shoved down our throats or up our anal cavity, depending on how you look at it. Either way it tends to make you wanna vomit. I think that is the history of what you were looking for(with added commentary);)

Guys correct me if I am wrong!

jrwhd68
10-26-2009, 06:30 AM
At that time they also bought the MYR group to do the contractor work in there areas it also was a way for them to pay themselves while they were forced by the court mandated upgrades regarding the REA feeds once that was done they sold them off!

lineleader
10-26-2009, 08:17 PM
well,they are at it again; fatso howard in akron fired a lineman for not reporting a fender-bender for 36 hrs. the boy wonder of a manager that the brother worked for said it was because of his overall record. the only thing they cited in the termination was he had a letter in his file for low callout response which was at 48%. when they want you, they will conive to get you.

electriklady
10-27-2009, 05:43 PM
I wonder how many of those "fender benders" that occured while we were on strike were reported at all, other than by the union workers once we came back to work, and that was a worthless waste of time, other than covering out a$$es so we didnt get blamed for them.

I heard one management person offered up the excuse that "they were under a lot of stress during the strike." Management has been seen repeatedly talking on the cell while driving.....It is just definitive proof that there are definitely two sets of rules here....and First Enemy doesnt try to hide that fact at all. Arrogance to the extreme!!!!!!!:mad::mad:

loose neutral
10-28-2009, 04:39 PM
Not only were there fender benders but there was also a bucket breaker. Gotta watch out for those low hanging limbs in town there Mr. Ed.:confused::eek: But they don't count for company f&^#*s. Right EL ? They say were stress related, I say they were stupidity related !! Oh and safety rules don't apply to them either according to beeforino !!!

electriklady
10-28-2009, 05:38 PM
Today we were informed that if we are sick and think we may have the "swine flu" we are to call the FE "Swine Flu Hotline." A nurse will do a symptom health evaluation(via the telephone), and tell you what you can do at home to take care of yourself, and then the last line says she will inform you of your work status.(well I guess she only tells you how to care for yourself at home if she decides your symptoms warrant you staying home.)
And they will make this one exception that you actually can use sick leave if you get the swine flu. That is big of them, I am impressed by their humanity. We wondered....what if you only get the seasonal flu and not the "piggy" flu, is that a ding against you cause you stayed home from work with only the seasonal flu? And what if I feel very sick, but the "nurse crony" tells me she doesnt think I should stay home, it doesnt sound serious. I think the person that is doing the talking about my work status should be one of three people...me, myself...or I. Oh yeah, and they will tell you when you can return to work. Why do I get the feeling it will be the afternoon of the day you call in?

I didnt know FE was in the health care business but someone mentioned today that they might as well be, maybe they will do a better job than the electric business. I never looked at it that way!:eek::rolleyes:

Swine something has been rampant in FE for many years now......;) I am not sure it is called the flu though.

jerseyslave
10-28-2009, 06:45 PM
If they tell me to come to work, I will be like a glove on the manager and foremen. The new typhiod mary.

electriklady
10-29-2009, 07:30 PM
Not only were there fender benders but there was also a bucket breaker. Gotta watch out for those low hanging limbs in town there Mr. Ed.:confused::eek: But they don't count for company f&^#*s. Right EL ? They say were stress related, I say they were stupidity related !! Oh and safety rules don't apply to them either according to beeforino !!!

I get it loose........ Do as I say....not as I do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ya know it is gettin tougher and tougher to stay in the game at FE, when the rules change on a daily basis.

Ya know JerseySlave, I was just thinking back on 20 years ago, this is a true personal story......When I was being considered for employment at Penelec I had to drive about an hour for a physical(eye and hearing test and x-rays of my back). When I got up that morning I was feeling a little "iffy", by the time I arrived for the physical I was sicker than a dog(with the flu), I toughed it out but by time I went to the hospital for the xrays I was done, I told them to admit me, that I was so sick I couldnt walk let alone drive an hour home. Management at Penelec directed two employees to come to the hospital and pick me up, one to drive me home and the other to drive my vehicle home for me. That was 1989, and I wasnt even am employee yet, but the management at Penelec(pre FE) were human beings and I thought that was a very kind thing to do. It made me want to work for this company and made me very proud to do so, that is until FE took over, now the only pride I have is that I do a good job for the customers, as they are now my inspiration, no more company pride.....for what.... to be treated like a dog. If that happened to me now....... with FE in the drivers seat.....they wouldnt even hire me, they would see me as a sick leave abuser, and would have left me to my own devices to get home. Damn, I miss the good ole days:(

terminater
10-29-2009, 08:41 PM
Well ,Ive been hard at work trying to catch the swiney flu, I can,t wait to do my phone interview with the ,phone nurse, once again FE has come up with a Magical way to determine if you truely have the swiney flu by phone interview,with a practicing nurse,I think they jumped ship on this one, my Doctor informed me that it,s against the law to do a diognoses over the phone, serious consequenses can follow in the state of Pennsylvania,so I,m calling my lawyer and will be ready for the law suite, that is sure to follow,come on swiney flu catch me:eek::eek:

loose neutral
10-29-2009, 09:49 PM
foreman: Your not looking too chipper today sonny. Are you feeling OK?

worker: I feel like crap sir, so I called the company nurse, but she said I sounded great and I was able to work, so here I am.

foreman: Well sonny, they tell me she is an expert, so here are your work orders for the day. Now let's get moving. Time is money !!!!

worker: Those are some really nice shoes you are wearing today sir.

foreman: Why thank you, they're imported Italian leather, made in China.

worker: Are they leak proof?

foreman: Well I'm not sure. Why do you ask?

worker: BLAAAAAHHHHHHHHH !!!!!! oops, sorry :o

electriklady
10-30-2009, 06:18 PM
Well earlier in the week we were told by our supervisor that Penelec was going to waive the requirement for a doctor's slip if one came down with the swine flu, due to the fact that the doctors have stated that they dont want you to come in to the office or clinic while still "in the throes of the illness" to prevent further spread of the virus. Today, as stated above, rule change #999,999.......If you do get the swine flu, Penelec is still requiring you to get a doctor's slip, and yes, they are still holding it against you when counting up your sick leave use, for disiplinary causes. They want proof you were home barfing your guts out, freezing then sweatin, coughing, sneezing, headache, the weakness and exhaustion, and I wont even go into the details of the dreaded "bathroom affliction." So I guess I need an alternate plan.........if I call the doctor and they say they do not want to see me until I am no longer "a carrier", I have one of two options.....#1-Load the guns and take the hospital by storm, holding the nurse prisoner until the doctor will see me and fill out my 709 form, I will also require him to take pictures of how shitty I look just in case FE questions his ability to diagnose me correctly, a picture is worth a thouand words. or...........
#2-I will have to wait until all those nasty symptoms have gone away, and there is no longer any fear of me contaminating another person, of course with the swine flu they say the exhaustion that accompanies all the other symptoms can last for a week or two. Then I will go to the doctors and get my 709 filled out and return to work, hopefully good as new.

Seeing how I am not a violent person, I think I will have to opt for #2;)

jerseyslave
10-30-2009, 07:24 PM
Electriclady, man am I glad I was hired by gpu. There really was a feeling of family. With this swine flu, fe just has their finger in the dike, now that they have blown any trust from and with the workforce, they have no goodwill to carry them thru bad times.

Again, that famous irish proverb, "I would not give them the steam off my piss"

man I love that.

electriklady
10-31-2009, 09:12 AM
slave, I dont think they care if we like them or not, goodwill is not in their vocab..............I think they thrive in an atmosphere of hatred and contempt......They do not look at us a humans, just tools to use to get the work done and replace them when done using them. In my entire working life I have never seen the atmosphere of hatred, dissatisfaction, contempt, that I see the employees have for this company.....and further more it is completely justified. I have stated before....."You can only kick a dog so many times and it is going to bite" and from what I see of the employees....the hackels are up and they are baring their teeth. It is spreading rampantly among the operating companies....like the flu.

Speedwrench
11-01-2009, 09:13 AM
Sounds exactly like working for FPL lately.

UnionBoomer66
11-01-2009, 06:59 PM
Well earlier in the week we were told by our supervisor that Penelec was going to waive the requirement for a doctor's slip if one came down with the swine flu, due to the fact that the doctors have stated that they dont want you to come in to the office or clinic while still "in the throes of the illness" to prevent further spread of the virus. Today, as stated above, rule change #999,999.......If you do get the swine flu, Penelec is still requiring you to get a doctor's slip, and yes, they are still holding it against you when counting up your sick leave use, for disiplinary causes. They want proof you were home barfing your guts out, freezing then sweatin, coughing, sneezing, headache, the weakness and exhaustion, and I wont even go into the details of the dreaded "bathroom affliction." So I guess I need an alternate plan.........if I call the doctor and they say they do not want to see me until I am no longer "a carrier", I have one of two options.....#1-Load the guns and take the hospital by storm, holding the nurse prisoner until the doctor will see me and fill out my 709 form, I will also require him to take pictures of how shitty I look just in case FE questions his ability to diagnose me correctly, a picture is worth a thouand words. or...........
#2-I will have to wait until all those nasty symptoms have gone away, and there is no longer any fear of me contaminating another person, of course with the swine flu they say the exhaustion that accompanies all the other symptoms can last for a week or two. Then I will go to the doctors and get my 709 filled out and return to work, hopefully good as new.

Seeing how I am not a violent person, I think I will have to opt for #2;)

Why not go in and infect your supervisor?

electriklady
11-01-2009, 07:42 PM
Unfortunately I would run the risk of infecting my co-workers also........................................and that I don't wanna do. Although that sounds like ooooodles of fun, dont want my brothers and sisters to get sick.....actually just hoping I dont get it..........:)

electriklady
11-03-2009, 06:05 PM
Ok, all u FEers, I got my letter recently from Jim Napier trying to entice us working s.o.b.s into donating to the United Way(thru FE) by making it a contest. If you donate this year you are put in a drawing to win an extra day of vacation, or your choice of $100. It will be tough, with having to pay the extra $50 discrimination fee to FE because I smoke, and heaven help you poor people who have to pay the $200 a month for your spouse and maybe having to add the $50 a month on top of that because one of you evil people smoke. But as soon as I am done writing this I am going to look up the United Way online and find out how to make a donation personally, in my name, with no affiliation to FE (who wants to appear as though they care about people who have less than them, when they do everything they can to stick it to their own employees, both mentally and financially). I will be no part of that hypocrisy.:mad:

climbing high
11-03-2009, 06:47 PM
Well I am under the impression that our fearless leaders want us to donate to theunited way. Well I would really like to but my donation this year is going to a better cause,SHITPAPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That"s right folks in preston park we have to buy our own. Half the heaters work so that means we need extra fr clothing to wear to keep warm! Oh thats right I forgot no money for that either!!!! Lets see turn all the lights on for a little extra heat! Oops forgot only halve of them work!!!!!! So I guess I cannot afford it this year. That day of vacation sounds great but how about a day of sick we CAN USE WITHOUT HASSLE!!!! Just a question to end on. How much F R clothing could you buy if we didn"t have those big screen tv"s? Oh and buy theway,maybe instead of the day off why not just auction off the new grill at the montrose building and give the money to the fund of the planners choice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

electriklady
11-03-2009, 07:19 PM
That is an idea, I would be more enticed to donate if FE would let us actually use the sick leave we are contractually entitled to use when we are sick, without diciplining us. I was wondering myself how much those large flat screen tvs cost that spew FE propoganda all day long? If we ask for new tires we are told there is no money for that, no money for tools, etc but those beautiful tvs sit there staring me in the face everyday. One of them beauties in every FE building! I wonder how many of them there are and what the total price was? Are they really more important than tires? tools? I guess so, till one of us gets hurt or killed! Make safety a way of life? Walk the walk, the talk is just not good enough anymore.

terminater
11-03-2009, 07:42 PM
Don,t worry climbing high, Aqua man is working on closing your building,so you will have to take your left over poopie paper with you,he,ll deny this of course,you know Mr Perfect pants, and as for the United Way Fund for First Enima,forget it, donate on your own, the local UW loves it when you walk in the door and hand them a donation,and as for wood/knee mind your own business,and go kill a chicken,after all it,s time you worked for your food:eek::eek::eek:

electriklady
11-03-2009, 07:51 PM
and it is really easy to donate via mail, google the united way and it will show you your local office, you make a pledge online, and the mailing address is listed, just print it and mail it in or take it in in person, and there is no affiliation to FE, just says general donation. Pretty easy, you still get to donate to a good cause and dont have to sell your soul to the "devil".:p

Lizzy Bordon
11-03-2009, 10:07 PM
:mad:I think the big screen TV's need a little power surge. Fry them and say its an act of god and get over it. Buy another TV, fry it again, again, again just like we do to the customers equipment. Last time I looked God was not on the payroll.

Donate food to your local union to take to United Way from the union. FE just wants to look good off the little skin left on your backs.

Donate as much as you can and call the paper to run a photo of what the union collected for United Way. In NJ they used to donate it from FE/Union but everyone stoped donating because they did not want the company to have any credit at all.

Ohio thinks a broken ankle is not a good excuse for sick days. I had to tell them it is illegal to drive with a broken right ankle. Here's your sign.

electriklady
11-04-2009, 05:38 PM
Well Lizzy, be thankful that you are gone.....no sickness is acceptable now, one occurance a year ..ok.......two.....one on one counseling.....three......letter in file......four.....I am assuming they will try to fire you. And if you have had two at the end of 2009, in January of 2010 they are still counting the two absenses from 2009. You have to go an entire year sickleave free before they stop adding them together. Nice huh?
Pretty humane of FE. Year before last Penelec had the lowest sickleave record of all the companies, then last year we had the worst sickleave record of all the companies(we all know we can control communicable illnesses and injuries, we must not have been concentrating hard enough) so now the threat of dicipline if you use sick leave and not vacation. Feels like yet another violation of my rights as a human being, God I wish I were perfect like management at FE. :rolleyes:

cantwait
11-04-2009, 06:19 PM
Perfect like management at FE??? You mean perfectly incompetant?perfectly incapable of getting along? perfectly incapable of following the contract? perfectly unable to treat us as humans? Or just perfectly assholish as they all seem to be?

electriklady
11-04-2009, 06:33 PM
Perfect like management at FE??? You mean perfectly incompetant?perfectly incapable of getting along? perfectly incapable of following the contract? perfectly unable to treat us as humans? Or just perfectly assholish as they all seem to be?

Exactly, cantwait, they certainly do have all those skills honed to perfection!;)

climbing high
11-04-2009, 07:00 PM
Rumor is e.l. that we are getting company tomorrow. I am really worried that they might show up to give us our flu shots. I hate needles and if management is giving the needles that scares me more. let"s face it if they know as much about their job as they do medicine we are in trouble!!!!!!!!!! I have afew questions for them but they I am sure they cannot tell me at this time. Oh well brace yourself e.l. and terminator they are here!!!! Probably just to give us a pep talk and drop off some chicken to the local food bank!!!!! Right plumbob?

electriklady
11-04-2009, 07:34 PM
oh Yeah....plumbob....

Would you please return your "brother" to the rubber room he escaped from, and tell his "headcase" drs to triple his medication. That man is way out thereeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

ps...I could feel the love ooooooozing from him when he spoke your name.....................lmao:D:D:D:D

Lizzy Bordon
11-06-2009, 10:57 PM
There are people who use a billion sick days. I wonder what will happen to them. They do not care in NJ. The union does protect them so they just laugh it off. What about mental stress leave. Oh I forgot the labotomy is next no brain no mental illness.........thats it we figured it out!:eek: I can not believe they have the smokers clause.

The jersey people commute an average of 1 1/2 hours to and from work if they are lucky. Lets say you get up feeling like you have to puke or the runs...cant exactly pull over in rush hour traffic doing ten miles an hour and you would never make it to a bathroom at a snails crawl.

I just can not imagine wanting to make everyone so miserable they do not want to come to work or quit. What is the purpose besides they obviously have the little man syndrome control issues.

The zipper clause made the contract fair game. I hope someone buys them out.

I know I could not call out first thing in the morning and use a vacation day instead of a sick day. You could use your floaters but they tried to stop that. I over slept one time, it was priceless Met Ed put a load logger on my house to check for voltage spikes and my alarm clock went off and I did not realize it. I threw my back out, took a pain pill, called in 45 minutes late, had a doctors note and was out for 10 days and still got written up. The boss thought I made it up the TS put load logger on...........and why would I make that up? My clock was off so shoot me. How funny is that, I ended up having a broken nuetral, fried up house and a letter in my file....he he he.

electriklady
11-07-2009, 06:34 PM
There is no doubt that stress causes health problems and depression, and that the costs of these are large.

But the cost to the business in terms of lost productivity, creativity and innovation are far, far higher.

Stress and frustration result from a top-down, command and control driven workplace. Orders, goals, targets and the other forms of top-down control demean, disrespect and demotivate employees.

In this mode, bosses think that employees should listen to bosses rather than vice versa. Nothing like having to follow the orders of people who are so removed from the workplace that they don't really understand what it takes to get the work done.

Thus, employees become greatly frustrated and stressed. Eventually, they become apathetic just to protect themselves and their families. In this state, they don't apply their brains to the work and thus fail to unleash their natural creativity, innovation, productivity, motivation and commitment.

As such, employees are less than 20% as productive as they would be if they were highly motivated and committed. This is a huge loss to the business which can only be corrected by throwing out the command and control model and adopting one in which bosses continually ask employees what they need to do a better job and then give it to them.

HEY FE, YOU MIGHT WANNA READ THIS ARTICLE! Think maybe this guy is on to something? Oh that is right you "gods of electric" know everything!! Before you bought us we were a self directed workforce and we did our jobs and did our jobs well! It must be a CONTROL thing! Well, reap what you sow!

electriklady
11-07-2009, 07:38 PM
Yesterday after work I had to go to the doctors, and of course they always weigh you, measure your height(in case you shrink I guess) take your blood pressure, pulse and listen to your ticker and your lungs................

My bp was 122/80
My pulse was 56
My heart sounded good and my lungs sounded very clear(according to the doc)
I am almost 5 ft 8(didnt shrink) and I weighed 140 lbs, and I am almost 51.

The doctor told me my bp was Perfect(not good not ok but perfect) and my heart rate was excellent also.

So, again FE why do I have to pay an extra $50 a month because I smoke, oh yeah I went to the drs because I have tendonitis in my hands, do cigarettes cause tendonitis? I will have to look into that, maybe I am holding the cigarette wrong! :rolleyes:
Again, downright discrimination
I am also wondering, management is on a different plan than us, do they have to pay those fees too? I will have to ask my SPIES!;)

shortcircuit
11-10-2009, 10:20 AM
Does anyone know if anybody has contacted A.C.L.U. about the $50 surcharge for smoking, doesn't seem right that four household smokers can pay the same surcharge as one.

electriklady
11-10-2009, 05:39 PM
Good point..................the whole thing reeks!

cantwait
11-10-2009, 06:13 PM
They'll come after the fattys and alcoholics next then the one with cancer in the family history, then the ones that don't roll over and show their bellys when challenged....oh wait we already have that last one going on....thank God few of us do that!!!

electriklady
11-10-2009, 06:22 PM
cant wait....it is hard to show em our belly when we are bent over showin em our a$$ with that pucker up invitation on our lips:D

I dont care what climbin high says about u.....u the man!!!!!;):D

climbing high
11-10-2009, 06:36 PM
Okay electric lady that was the last draw!!!!!!!!!!!!! chosen him over me is worse than the lordville prince!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am going to be the last one. Aqua man even beat me!!!!!!!!! who"s next plumbob? ha ha ha

WCLR
11-10-2009, 06:37 PM
Yesterday after work I had to go to the doctors, and of course they always weigh you, measure your height(in case you shrink I guess) take your blood pressure, pulse and listen to your ticker and your lungs................

My bp was 122/80
My pulse was 56
My heart sounded good and my lungs sounded very clear(according to the doc)
I am almost 5 ft 8(didnt shrink) and I weighed 140 lbs, and I am almost 51.

The doctor told me my bp was Perfect(not good not ok but perfect) and my heart rate was excellent also.

So, again FE why do I have to pay an extra $50 a month because I smoke, oh yeah I went to the drs because I have tendonitis in my hands, do cigarettes cause tendonitis? I will have to look into that, maybe I am holding the cigarette wrong! :rolleyes:
Again, downright discrimination
I am also wondering, management is on a different plan than us, do they have to pay those fees too? I will have to ask my SPIES!;)

File for disability or complain to the doc and get him to put you in light duty. Or if FE has short or long term disability use that route.

Your bloodpressure is fine. I'm 29 and mine was averaging 165/112. Safe to say I'm on blood pressure meds and just now got mine back down to 125/75.

shaun
11-10-2009, 06:38 PM
U have to pay extra $50/month because u smoke? Is that an insurance thing or a co-pay thing?

electriklady
11-10-2009, 06:42 PM
Okay electric lady that was the last draw!!!!!!!!!!!!! chosen him over me is worse than the lordville prince!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am going to be the last one. Aqua man even beat me!!!!!!!!! who"s next plumbob? ha ha ha

I can wait for the feature presentation......Aquaman meets the '''''wolfman of Lordsville" ....Plumbob was still laughing at quittin time:D

Still luv ya "always in your hooks":o

electriklady
11-10-2009, 06:45 PM
U have to pay extra $50/month because u smoke? Is that an insurance thing or a co-pay thing?

neither.....the company is going to charge us $50 a month if we smoke....HR guy says it is not the insurance company....It is a First Enema policy. So in essence I guess they are saying they are not going to pay $50 of our insurance benefit if we smoke, we are going to pay it. I now smoke 5 at a time to get my money's worth.;)

shaun
11-10-2009, 07:27 PM
Do they have one of those gym reimbursment programs there?

electriklady
11-10-2009, 07:38 PM

I have never heard of it.....I highly doubt it since the company cant afford tools, equipment or even such frivalities like tires. FE is more of a "taker" than a "giver":)

loose neutral
11-10-2009, 08:30 PM

There must be some kind of fitness incentive for the non bargaining head bobbers cause they sure do have them running scared !!! LOL !!!!!!! Like their scab asses is on FIRE !!! How bout it EL ? :D

WCLR
11-11-2009, 12:04 AM
neither.....the company is going to charge us $50 a month if we smoke....HR guy says it is not the insurance company....It is a First Enema policy. So in essence I guess they are saying they are not going to pay $50 of our insurance benefit if we smoke, we are going to pay it. I now smoke 5 at a time to get my money's worth.;)

Have yall checked on if that is even legal? I would contact a lawyer on that one....

Wouldnt sign shit!

electriklady
11-11-2009, 06:01 PM
There must be some kind of fitness incentive for the non bargaining head bobbers cause they sure do have them running scared !!! LOL !!!!!!! Like their scab asses is on FIRE !!! How bout it EL ? :D

Yeah loose, the incentive is, if you run fast enough we wont shove nuttin up your anal cavity, till we catch you, that is. :eek:

Lizzy Bordon
11-12-2009, 07:36 PM
First Energy's idea of Gym reimbursement.

Rent out parking garage to someone else make employees walk two miles to work.

Remove elevators because there is maintenance involved and take the steps.

Close the cafeteria's in places like the MGO so the employees have to starve because its too far to go to get anything to eat.

Exercise your kidneys while you hold it because they cant afford toilet paper.

Walk back to the office because your truck fell apart because it has 200,000 miles on it and the doors rusted off. They never filled the mechanics positions.

Run for miles looking for a line truck since they are far and few between.

Muscles in your legs from lifting the 50lb dielectric shoes all day.

Exercise putting on and off your FR riot gear all day.

loose neutral
11-12-2009, 07:52 PM
First Energy's idea of Gym reimbursement.

Rent out parking garage to someone else make employees walk two miles to work.

Remove elevators because there is maintenance involved and take the steps.

Close the cafeteria's in places like the MGO so the employees have to starve because its too far to go to get anything to eat.

Exercise your kidneys while you hold it because they cant afford toilet paper.

Walk back to the office because your truck fell apart because it has 200,000 miles on it and the doors rusted off. They never filled the mechanics positions.

Run for miles looking for a line truck since they are far and few between.

Muscles in your legs from lifting the 50lb dielectric shoes all day.

Exercise putting on and off your FR riot gear all day.

Hey Lizzy, Don't forget the exercising of your neck muscles from looking over your shoulder to see if the boss is spying on you and writers cramp/carpal tunnel from filling out blue sheets just to walk across the dock !!!!:eek:

electriklady
11-12-2009, 08:19 PM
My personal favorite workout is the 50 lb dielectric boots meant to protect me from step potential while I block and unblock meters! I am confused......doesnt that fall under touch potential? Any ways now I am just looking for some a$$ to kick to try out these new leg muscles.......

Yeah my leg muscles are fine, but my freaking back is killing me! I wonder what is causing that?;)

Lizzy Bordon
11-13-2009, 06:56 PM
You forgot the bending and stretching exercise as you fight to get the boots on and off.

The squat exercise as your chair hits the floor because they are all broken. Stand up pull the chair back up and hope it stays put for 10 minutes.

If First Energy could bottle all the negative energy from the employees they would not need the power plants to generate electric anymore.

Exercise carrying in your own bottled water since they can not afford to provide water coolers anymore and the water fountains are contaminated.

electriklady
11-14-2009, 01:46 PM
You forgot the bending and stretching exercise as you fight to get the boots on and off.

The squat exercise as your chair hits the floor because they are all broken. Stand up pull the chair back up and hope it stays put for 10 minutes.

If First Energy could bottle all the negative energy from the employees they would not need the power plants to generate electric anymore.

Exercise carrying in your own bottled water since they can not afford to provide water coolers anymore and the water fountains are contaminated.

At 51 it isn't bending and stretching exercises anymore.. to get the "weights" on and off of your feet, it is kind of a contortionist act. Once I bend over I wonder if I am going to be able to straighten up again. I actually just wore out a pair so have to dive into a brand new pair. With winter coming I can hardly wait to break out the tall ones, those gotta stay on all day cause it takes all day to get them on and off. I would be crippled if I took them on and off. But we all know how deadly that step potential is at the meter site. :(

electriklady
11-16-2009, 06:54 PM
You have to quit going out to that grill FE bought for the scabs, while we were on strike this summer, and cooking burgers for lunch........I think you may have caught a STD(Scab Transmitted Disease) cooking on that thing, stick to the PC chicken. You might wanna go to the docs and get some meds before you stroke out.:D
Plumbob, keep him away from that contaminated grill. I think he is losing it!!!!;)

and before you say we ate off that grill woodknee, 459ers are immune to STDs, you however are predispositioned to that ailment.:p:cool:

electriklady
11-17-2009, 05:09 PM
how to tell if you have a STD(Scab Transmitted Disease), Wood-knee, there is just one major physical symptom......You feel your a$$hole start to grow, subtly at first, but then one day you wake up and find that your a$$hole has engulfed your whole body.....ie you become a COMPLETE and TOTAL A$$HOLE, and everytime you open your mouth.........$hit comes out. Come to think of it, I am not sure there are any meds for this disease........you might be a goner.:D:cool::p

loose neutral
11-17-2009, 07:40 PM
how to tell if you have a STD(Scab Transmitted Disease), Wood-knee, there is just one major physical symptom......You feel your a$$hole start to grow, subtly at first, but then one day you wake up and find that your a$$hole has engulfed your whole body.....ie you become a COMPLETE and TOTAL A$$HOLE, and everytime you open your mouth.........$hit comes out. Come to think of it, I am not sure there are any meds for this disease........you might be a goner.:D:cool::p

HMMMM, you know? Come to think of it EL, I think he's been afflicted with this disease for a really long time. I can't remember when he didn't show these symptoms of which you describe.:p

terminater
11-19-2009, 05:50 PM
That a$$$ hole syndrome, Kathy Loads has it also,it,s amazing every time she ,opens her mouth, $$$$$it comes out, shes a supervisor who knows nothing,but knows it all ,she got kicked out of E&E, for being the moron that she is,yes a former union member, now a turn coat,E&E co workers say she couldn,t do her job,couldn,t lift for $$$IT,DIDN,T understand the electric grid,so where does she run to ,a supervisor position like the rest of them,as dumb as a box of rocks,so I say why don,t you stop worring about us hard workers out here busting our butts, and go,back where you came from,we dont like you or need you, your a tick on my a$$$$$$$$, AND A MAJOR SAFETY CONCERN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad::m ad::mad:

IH8FE
11-19-2009, 07:02 PM
Following "Spring Break 2009" We in Erie have aquired 1 new and 1 known a$$hole. Uncle Bean's #1 son was a worthless piece of sl!t while he was a "lineman", and would still crawl over his dead mother to...... well you know the rest of that line. He likes to hit the sauce , thats why he was shippped upstairs to dispatch after he got shit faced and left some fowl messages on certain j-mans answering machines. He spent the duration of the strike sitting on Uncle Bean's lap, U
B was so impressed that he brought him back as a line foreman. Says alot about U.B's judgement. #1 was worthless as a J-man and he's drinking the koolaid. U. B.'s #2 son - now this guy is a real genius, he ran phone and catv for Thayer for about 5 years, then tried to make it as a real lineman with the contractors. Unfortunately he was sub-par, dumber than a stump as one coworker put it. Couldn't cut it , tried three times to get into Penelec as a lineman, but failed the test three times. Those that can do, those who cant become foreman. Both of these individuals are extremely dangerous! All should beware these two as they will stop at nothing to move up the ladder in the world kown as First Enemy.

electriklady
11-19-2009, 07:55 PM
"A$$holes of a feather ......flock together" .............Members of a species seem to gravitate to their own kind...that makes them feel comfortable, and it is easier to relate to your own species......So I can see that FE management would naturally gravitate toward other a$$holes.

I myself think I am one of the bigger a$$holes that I know and am wondering why I have not been promoted to "Queen of Penelec." Oh that is right, I have brains, ethics, and am not afraid to work. Fraid I am doomed to just be a working slug the rest of my career. Oh well, guess I will have to stay just one of those people that those "a$$holes" $hit on every day of the week. That is cool, cause that is right where I wanna be. Keep bringing it FE, keep bringing it.:p:rolleyes:

climbing high
11-20-2009, 06:16 AM
Hey erie we have a guy in montrose with alot of cable experience,maybe that is the key to getting a foremans job because he was no lineman also!!! To bad they all don"t drink the kool aid and get the "uck out!!!!!!!!!!!! As for bean we saw what kind of phony he was when he was out here in pa!!!!!!!!!!!!

electriklady
11-21-2009, 09:43 AM
This is how the whole management system works(at least at FE) Management is made up of people(for the most part), I have seen one of two exceptions, that can't cut it actually doing the job they supervise. They have a vague idea of how to do the job that they couldnt actually do, but bull$hitted some other idiot that couldnt do their job either into thinking they would be a good management candidate. They might have a few redeeming qualities which makes them very attractive to the "powers that promote" .....they know how to be an asshole, they think they know it all, they are like "programmable robots" and they sure as $hit know how to treat the working people like $hit. The ones that actually come out of the union, they have a short memory too, cause they immediately forget where they came from.:mad:

oh I forgot.....they also know how to lie through their teeth.

The further up the food chain you go, these qualities are magnified by 100x

.....and the daily battle rages on at first enemy:D

climbing high
11-24-2009, 06:26 AM
Seems that in order to request plain old stock material andhand tools we have to go through the white house!!!!!!! Safety manual states proper tools for the job and remove bad tools from the job for hazard. What a +ucking joke. First energy"s way to spell safety is $AFETY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! stick you tools and material!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

loose neutral
11-24-2009, 04:38 PM
This is amazing to me. Got to have an act of congress to get a pair of gloves and yet they can spend money to buy an abandoned mine. Hell, who needs a mine !! There is enough compressed hot air when they open the door after one of these staff meetings to fuel this project. This is just something new to screw up. Maybe they'll hire a bunch of gophers to handle this new venture? They can't do any worse. This oughta be fun to watch cause their gonna blow somethin' up fer sherrrr !!! http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Utility-to-store-air-apf-3216662151.html?x=0&.v=2

electriklady
11-24-2009, 08:42 PM
This comes from the same people who said..."natural gas will never be big in PA." Compressed Hot Air.................in a bat cave. Life never ceases to amuse the $hit out of me. What next? No money for tires, tools, toilet paper, OT, but we buy a God damn 600 acre cavern to store air in.

I like this plan almost as much as our past decision to sell most of our generation. Wasnt that a Hafer decision? There I go playing Monday morning QB again.....