PDA

View Full Version : First Energy Strike

Pages : 1 2 [3]

topgroove
11-24-2009, 10:05 PM
This comes from the same people who said..."natural gas will never be big in PA." Compressed Hot Air.................in a bat cave. Life never ceases to amuse the $hit out of me. What next? No money for tires, tools, toilet paper, OT, but we buy a God damn 600 acre cavern to store air in.

I like this plan almost as much as our past decision to sell most of our generation. Wasnt that a Hafer decision? There I go playing Monday morning QB again.....I would love to know what the relationship is between First Enema and the previous owners of the 600 acre abandoned mine. I notice the closing price of the 600 acre mine is not disclosed.
Hmmmmmm.

I also wonder if anyone at FE have ever studied a silly little thing called
The first law of thermodynamics
I understand the basics of the plan...Using off peak grid to store energy that can be re-used during peak demand but PLEASE has anyone bothered to do the math? clearly this rediculous plan will never be built. The only benifit I can ever see is the gut splitting laugh they must be having with a cuban cigar and a scotch poolside in the camen Islands.

loose neutral
11-24-2009, 10:10 PM
The next thing you know, they'll be gouging customers by selling these econo light bulbs at..... OH WAIT, they already tried that. Maybe they'll start raising gerbils to run on those plastic wheels and spin the turbines. They could probably design a devise like a HUGE baseball glove to catch meteorites from outer space and harness that energy. Oh wait, I forgot, we can't get gloves. Hey, how about investing in giant balloons to rub on a giant wigs to create static electricity and save it in batteries for when we need it. Yeah that'll work. Or have all of the office personnel wearing just their socks, scuffing their feet on the carpet all day with light bulbs in their mouths and electrodes running from them to their computers so they can run the whole office with static and call it people power. How bout it, anybody else got any good ideas ???????:rolleyes:

electriklady
11-24-2009, 10:27 PM
The next thing you know, they'll be gouging customers by selling these econo light bulbs at..... OH WAIT, they already tried that. Maybe they'll start raising gerbils to run on those plastic wheels and spin the turbines. They could probably design a devise like a HUGE baseball glove to catch meteorites from outer space and harness that energy. Oh wait, I forgot, we can't get gloves. Hey, how about investing in giant balloons to rub on a giant wigs to create static electricity and save it in batteries for when we need it. Yeah that'll work. Or have all of the office personnel wearing just their socks, scuffing their feet on the carpet all day with light bulbs in their mouths and electrodes running from them to their computers so they can run the whole office with static and call it people power. How bout it, anybody else got any good ideas ???????:rolleyes:

I like the meteorite catching glove, that shows innovation on your part, I am impressed Loose. I thought one of the guys was joking when he told me about this yesterday.....but alas no, I saw it in print. You just cannot make this $hit up.........

Well, Top you know how it goes, that one hand washing the other deal, I am sure there was some sudsing going on somewhere. Yeah, I wanted to get a peek at what this deal cost, but it must be top secret. Of course I dont know how willing I would be to disclose any $$ amounts when talking about buying a cave to store air in. If it was over 100$, I might just keep that to myself.

topgroove
11-24-2009, 10:36 PM
As share holders I don't see why you should'nt be privy to that. Look at the disclaimer FE posts after the real estate press release
Forward-Looking Statements: This news release includes forward-looking statements based on information currently available to management. Such statements are subject to certain risks and uncertainties. These statements include declarations regarding management's intents, beliefs and current expectations. These statements typically contain, but are not limited to, the terms "anticipate," "potential," "expect," "believe," "estimate" and similar words. Forward-looking statements involve estimates, assumptions, known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that may cause actual results, performance or achievements to be materially different from any future results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Actual results may differ materially due to the speed and nature of increased competition in the electric utility industry and legislative and regulatory changes affecting how generation rates will be determined following the expiration of existing rate plans in Pennsylvania, the impact of the Public Utilities Commission of Ohio's regulatory process on the Ohio Companies associated with the distribution rate case, economic or weather conditions affecting future sales and margins, changes in markets for energy services, changing energy and commodity market prices and availability, replacement power costs being higher than anticipated or inadequately hedged, the continued ability of FirstEnergy's regulated utilities to collect transition and other charges or to recover increased transmission costs, operating and maintenance costs being higher than anticipated, other legislative and regulatory changes, revised environmental requirements, including possible greenhouse gas emission regulations, the potential impacts of the U.S. Court of Appeals' July 11, 2008 decision requiring revisions to the Clean Air Interstate Rules and the scope of any laws, rules or regulations that may ultimately take their place, the uncertainty of the timing and amounts of the capital expenditures needed to, among other things, implement the Air Quality Compliance Plan (including that such amounts could be higher than anticipated or that certain generating units may need to be shut down) or levels of emission reductions related to the Consent Decree resolving the New Source Review litigation or other similar potential regulatory initiatives or actions, adverse regulatory or legal decisions and outcomes (including, but not limited to, the revocation of necessary licenses or operating permits and oversight) by the Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Metropolitan Edison Company's and Pennsylvania Electric Company's transmission service charge filings with the Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission, the continuing availability of generating units and their ability to operate at or near full capacity, the ability to comply with applicable state and federal reliability standards, the ability to accomplish or realize anticipated benefits from strategic goals (including employee workforce initiatives), the ability to improve electric commodity margins and to experience growth in the distribution business, the changing market conditions that could affect the value of assets held in FirstEnergy's nuclear decommissioning trusts, pension trusts and other trust funds, and cause it to make additional contributions sooner, or in an amount that is larger than currently anticipated, the ability to access the public securities and other capital and credit markets in accordance with FirstEnergy's financing plan and the cost of such capital, changes in general economic conditions affecting the company, the state of the capital and credit markets affecting the company, interest rates and any actions taken by credit rating agencies that could negatively affect FirstEnergy's access to financing or its costs or increase its requirements to post additional collateral to support outstanding commodity positions, letters of credit and other financial guarantees, the continuing decline of the national and regional economy and its impact on the company's major industrial and commercial customers, issues concerning the soundness of financial institutions and counterparties with which FirstEnergy does business, and the risks and other factors discussed from time to time in its Securities and Exchange Commission filings, and other similar factors. The foregoing review of factors should not be construed as exhaustive. New factors emerge from time to time, and it is not possible for management to predict all such factors, nor assess the impact of any such factor on FirstEnergy's business or the extent to which any factor, or combination of factors, may cause results to differ materially from those contained in any forward-looking statements. FirstEnergy expressly disclaims any current intention to update any forward-looking statements contained herein as a result of new information, future events, or otherwise.
www.firstenergycorp.com (http://www.firstenergycorp.com/)

electriklady
11-24-2009, 10:50 PM
Top, I think that translates to

some slick willy salesmen told us this is the wave of the future, and damn we HOPE this cave/air $hit works but if it doesnt....hey we can always have a lay-off

topgroove
11-24-2009, 10:51 PM
Phantom Stock Units

$ 1(1)

11/19/2009

A

(2)

(2)

Common Stock

$ 42.008

I

By State Street

First Energy Securities and Exchange filings. Wow do a little google search and its amazing what you find. $ 6,717,826.00

electriklady
11-24-2009, 11:00 PM
Phantom Stock Units

$ 1(1)
11/19/2009

A

(2)
(2)
Common Stock
$ 42.008
I
By State Street

First Energy Securities and Exchange filings. Wow do a little google search and its amazing what you find. $ 6,717,826.00:eek::eek:

topgroove
11-25-2009, 10:28 AM
who knew a hole in the ground could generate so
Norton Energy Storage LLC bought the property in 1999 from PPG for $805,000, according to Summit County financial records.
Pittsburg glass used the mine for limestone to make glass and than sold the mine to Norton energy in 1999. Norton Energy than sold the mine to CAES development. Caes did extensive testing of the mine for possible storage of compressed refrigerated natural gas. The testing involved extensive cylcle pressure testing to see if the limestone with shale covering could withstand the constant presure swings. the study was quickly terminated. They say it was for economic reasons. Hmmmmmmm? The possibility of a catostropic accident with such a project is huge. The capalary action beneath rock layers could easily cause water tables to shift. The mine is 2500 feet deep with a lake nearby. Is it feasible that the testing CAES did revealed some issues? If this was such a great idea why would'nt Norton Energy or CAES Development have moved foward with the plan. Estimated costs for a compressed air facility is easily over one Billion dollars. Personally I believe First Energy bought a mine but its employee's, customers and shareholders got the shaft.

electriklady
11-25-2009, 12:39 PM
nice research Top, and yes, I am sure you are right about who is gonna get what outta this deal:rolleyes:

cantwait
11-26-2009, 08:56 AM
This comes from the same people who said..."natural gas will never be big in PA." Compressed Hot Air.................in a bat cave. Life never ceases to amuse the $hit out of me. What next? No money for tires, tools, toilet paper, OT, but we buy a God damn 600 acre cavern to store air in.

I like this plan almost as much as our past decision to sell most of our generation. Wasnt that a Hafer decision? There I go playing Monday morning QB again.....

Wow I've been off here for a little while, get back on and see nothing has changed!!! FE is still run by ignorant arrogant aholes who couldnt carry our belts, and they still continue to waste money on stupid ideas and deny us the basics such as gloves, tools, TP, and tires! Glad to see nothing has changed....
Loose you are THE MAN those are some good ideas! Not as good as Aqua Mans radio control stop/slow paddles for the digger operater to use to cut down on flagging costs but good.
IH8FE we started bumping heads with jonny p when he was a sorry excuse for a safety man, and it got worse when we went to erie about a month ago. I feel sorry for you guys in that building, its a super concentration of Aholes out there!

terminater
11-26-2009, 11:15 AM
:pOk, so we now have a Bat Cave, so lets make great use of it ,instead of sending all the MISFITS , to the North Pole,lets send Wood KNEE ,Aqua man, BeanPole,Kathy Loads, Know Neck,Scotter,and countless others to to many to mention to the Bat Cave and sit back and watch what these Misfits come up with,who knows maybe they can go over all there Safety Shi!!!!!, they have been shoving down our throats,to no avail accidents are just what they are,accidents a un fore seen incident,you can,t avoid them,there goning to happen,so why dont you send an other Meter Tester out to do some one elses job,and maybe there vehicle will run away too WAKE UP A$$$ HOLES and stop putting the working man in Danger,!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad:

Lizzy Bordon
11-26-2009, 07:52 PM
Seriously they are probably going to hide their nuclear waste items or employees who know the truth and they are afraid they will spill the beans in there about David Besse and the Black out.

Probably going to buy a used septic tanker truck and make some one pump the septic tanks and drive out there and illegally dump it to save a few cents.

electriklady
11-27-2009, 08:28 AM
Seriously they are probably going to hide their nuclear waste items or employees who know the truth and they are afraid they will spill the beans in there about David Besse and the Black out.

Probably going to buy a used septic tanker truck and make some one pump the septic tanks and drive out there and illegally dump it to save a few cents.

:pOk, so we now have a Bat Cave, so lets make great use of it ,instead of sending all the MISFITS , to the North Pole,lets send Wood KNEE ,Aqua man, BeanPole,Kathy Loads, Know Neck,Scotter,and countless others to to many to mention to the Bat Cave and sit back and watch what these Misfits come up with,who knows maybe they can go over all there Safety Shi!!!!!, they have been shoving down our throats,to no avail accidents are just what they are,accidents a un fore seen incident,you can,t avoid them,there goning to happen,so why dont you send an other Meter Tester out to do some one elses job,and maybe there vehicle will run away too WAKE UP A$$$ HOLES and stop putting the working man in Danger,!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad:

Ladies, Ladies

I can feel the Love!!!!!!

Probably several people on here I could name that first enema would like to put down in the bat cave and seal off forever(myself included):D We'd be in good company though.....

electriklady
11-27-2009, 08:43 AM
I was just doin the math..............

Electricity+acres and acres of underground compressed air+natural gas+first enema=KABOOM!!!!!!!!

Davis-Besse and our hand in the "largest blackout" in history could become small potatoes compared to this potential outcome! But all would be well if everyone just has their dielectric boots on and fills out a "blue sheet" first.;):D

electriklady
12-01-2009, 08:35 PM
How's the "cost cutting" of essentials goin for ya FE?

Lets see................Sunday we needed 2000 feet of underground for Prehistoric Park, and between Montrose, Tunkhannock, and Prehistoric Part, we were still short! Lets call a lineman from Towanda to drive....what guys.......2 hours minimum to bring the wire. Double time on Sunday for the 4 linemen plus the time for the lineman to deliver the wire and drive back.

How's that working for ya? Steppin over a dollar to pick up a dime!

But we got the BAT CAVE!!!!!!!!

terminater
12-02-2009, 06:08 PM
:(You go girl, and for the double time Sunday line men yayayayay,hats off to the hard working line men who gives up there Sunday, and family time to get the lights back on ,Ill pat your back for a good job done. No one else from management will so here I am,thank you, your the best!

electriklady
12-02-2009, 06:37 PM
Can you imagine the gall of that customer not wanting to be f*#king with a generator while up here hunting!!!!!!!Damn, what does he think we are, an electric company or something?:rolleyes:;)

electriklady
12-09-2009, 06:37 PM
It seems that first enema is still standing by the fact that they are too "financially stricken" to pay to have the district parking lots plowed in the winter. We are still going to have the lineman plow the lot, problem being, we are also too broke to approve OT to have the lots plowed before start time of 7am

This morning at 6:50 there was approximately 6 inches or so of snow in the parking lot. Heavy wet, crisco like snow. I drive a front wheel drive car, with winter radials and I had to work a bit to get it in the lot. Now 6 inches is not a lot of snow, wait till we get one of those foot or so overnight snows.
The first time I drive to that building and cannot get into the parking lot, I am going to drive by, turn around(at one of the dozen or so PLOWED parking lots on either side of us), and go right straight back to my house.
When I call my boss to say I will not be in today or at least until the lot is plowed because I cant get in the parking lot, I certainly hope no one tries to dock my pay or make me take vacation, cause if I can drive up that monstrous hill and make it to the office, but cant get into the lot cause the company is too cheap to have the lot plowed, that is not my fault.

I can hear their response now.....If you had 4 wheel drive...well they may tell me all the bs I have to do ON THE JOB, but they are not gonna tell me what to drive as my personal vehicle.......You are a real "beauty" fe. You oughta be proud.

oh and ps, if you have a serious problem with you district building(like you cant flush the toilets cause the septic is fu%#ed up) dont turn it in, cause it will raise a "red flag" and they are looking to consolidate buildings so shut up and live with it(per management) Everyone knows we are just a bunch of whining spoiled babies...Toilets.....Who the hell do we think we are?

to be cont'd................as more fe BS becomes available:eek:

pss...I know swamp, we should all shovel the lot just to keep our jobs!!!!

topgroove
12-09-2009, 07:20 PM
when someone slips on the ice and cracks there head open, how much did they save then ?

electriklady
12-09-2009, 08:23 PM
We were supposed to get the new accident prevention handbook the beginning of '09 and we have yet to see it, so...........if someone falls and gets hurt in the icy or unplowed parking lot, they will quickly make a new safety rule....something like if the parking lot is treacherous the 3 points of contact we are supposed to use when getting out of a vehicle or going down steps will go to a 4 points of contact(crawling on your hands and knees) and anyone who doesnt follow that rule is in violation....probably a termination offense.......ie fe is not responsible. I am gonna have to start filling out a job briefing form before i attempt the parking lot in the winter.:rolleyes:

topgroove
12-09-2009, 09:42 PM
Union, PacifiCorp negotiations collapseBy KATHY GILBERTEditorPublished: Wednesday, November 25, 2009 2:42 PM MSTNegotiations between PacifiCorp and the utility workers union came to an impasse last week, and will now go before a federal mediator.Union employees received a letter on Nov. 20, the day after negotiations came to a halt, informing the union of the company’s intent to terminate the existing agreement in 60 days.The biggest hurdle in clinching a new contract is the company’s desire to change employee pensions.Harold Giberson, president of UWUA 127, said it was what he expected.“We went to the bargaining table with the request that employees be allowed to choose between what we have now and the 401K type program the company wants. They turned it down. The company negotiator told me they had the notice of termination of contract written two weeks before that meeting (on Nov. 19),” Giberson said.“So on Jan. 19, they will lock us out if this mediation doesn’t settle it.”Contract negotiations began in late August. Union members voted on the contract proposed by the company early this month. The vote was 98 percent against the contract.According to the letter sent by PacifiCorp, the union refused a mediator. But Giberson said that isn’t true.“There’s a mediator coming in from Denver next week,” he said.“We will continue negotiating in good faith. We always have.”After that, it will go to another vote by UWUA 127 members.“It will be up to the membership. It’s always up to the membership,” Giberson said.PacifiCorp said in the early days of negotiations that it has successfully negotiated many contracts, but according to Giberson, “fear and intimidation” was used to get those contracts passed.“But this is Wyoming, and we don’t scare so easily,” he said.Giberson said he’s been contacted by every other union in the state and they have all voiced their support.“They see the fight, and see it coming to them next,” he said.hey.... do you think pacificorp booked the hotel rooms for the pike scabs yet?

Lizzy Bordon
12-15-2009, 12:27 AM
I used to get the 6" conduit end plugs and fill them with rock salt and shake it out on the way to my truck so I did not fall. Park next to the chain link fence and hang on for dear life.

Things will never change.

I started my new job!!! I LOVE IT!!! Where have you been all my life. The sidewalks are spotless. They mop up the foyers. They still have maintenance people who are responsible for their jobs. The pay is way better. They have real health care.

I wish I could bring everybody with me.

FE has little man syndrom, problem is they got it bad!!! Probably all have the white gym socks stuffed in their lace panties. Ewwww.

terminater
12-30-2009, 09:49 PM
I understand that certain managers think it,s ok to simulate butt fuc$ing union employees of first enemy, which union employees are not amused.:mad::mad::mad:

Lizzy Bordon
12-31-2009, 11:19 PM
I still can not believe how much better the employees are treated at my new place. I do not hear any screaming, name calling, no bosses who act like they are three years old, no plastic shoes, Donald Trump comb overs and I can actually walk 10 feet and hear the guys having nice conversations on hobbies and families. I was used to everyone having the mud kicked in their face at FE, everyone feeling the same way, just shaking their heads and wondering what the hell happened to the great company we once had.

I hope they get bought out. Get rid of the bosses with little man syndrome, the spineless yes people and fake cowboys!!! Bring back the real bosses, foreman the ones with a real set of balls and know how to run a company. Learn from the school of hard knocks......not who knocked up you mom and who are you related too....an imbred FIFO.

I just saw a magazine article on "How do you know when your power company is in trouble?" They showed equitable assets and FE was king of the bottom row, busted, flat gutter trash broke so lets keep more money for the CEO's.

FE's web site proudly displays best utilities to work for and PPL is number two and FE is number 14............DAH its always a good thing to show your competitor way out in front while you are looking to hire good lineman. Here's your sign.

electriklady
01-01-2010, 08:39 PM
Christmas night I got the flu..........talk about Christmas joy......It was nasty, still sick on Monday and Tuesday, my physician told me if I felt able I would be ok to go back to work on Wednesday, that I should no longer be contagious. Went to work on Wednesday, felt quite weak, but overall not tooooo horrible. Thursday morning was another story, felt horrible all over again, but I dragged my sorry a$$ to work, hoping I would feel better as the morning progressed. Called my boss, and he said, "Just so you know, if you go home sick again, it will probably mean a letter in your file....." I had a stomach virus the beginning of 2009 and now the flu the end of 2009, two sick leave instances and I will have to go a whole year with no sick leave to stop the punishment cycle.....3 is a letter in file, 4, is time off, and 5 they threaten to terminate. I have weeks of sick leave afforded me under my contract but am threatened if I use it. WTF......It sounds like harassment to me. Told my physician of the threats and he became angry and asked me if anyone in management went to medical school, and agreed that it indeed sounded like harassment considering the fact that we have sick leave in our contract and a licensed physician certified that I was ill, and should be home in bed, until he released me. They want us to use our vacation if we are sick, the arrogance is absolutely unbelievable. I know there are sick leave abusers out there, but the majority of employees are not and for fe to threaten all employees if they use sick leave is another example of unethical, corrupt corporate strongarming. While as "terminater" said... upper management does whatever the hell they want. Time to put a stop to this kind of $hit.........I for one am not gonna take it lying down

topgroove
01-01-2010, 09:56 PM
Hope your feeling better. Thank God I don't work for First Enema. From now on everyone should take two weeks off when they're sick. One day or two weeks it still counts as one instance of sick time.

electriklady
01-05-2010, 08:54 PM
I understand that certain managers think it,s ok to simulate butt fuc$ing union employees of first enemy, which union employees are not amused.:mad:

Ahhhh, the plot thickens.......hehehe.......I guess it must be ok to simulate what FE management does to the employees every day of every week, and we dont even get "a smooch" while we are being fu#$ed. I need to get in touch with my spies in Western PA and get the scoop on this story;)....sounds as if it promises to be a good one. I am leary of the outcome though, cause if it was a lineman or a meter reader or any union employee for that matter, they would already be fired:mad:
To be cont'd.............

terminater
01-07-2010, 05:22 PM
:):):)I,ve come to the conclusion that there all a bunch of KISSYFURS,the day I come to work and simulate butt FU$king some one is the day I,ll call it quits,sounds like way to much Kissy Furs running this half a$$ operation, then of course what would expect from worst enemy.

electriklady
01-07-2010, 10:16 PM
Had to take half a day vacation today to attend the memorial of a Penelec retiree, ex-co-worker, and friend who died unexpectedly this weekend at the young age of 60. She had 20 years of service with Penelec, was one of the few female lineman in the company that "did her time." I've seen female lineman come and go, but she retired after 20 years, still a lineman. I worked with her for many years, and when I think of her I only have smiles at the memories that the small group of us from the original Susquehanna building built together. We sure did have some times..........we worked hard...but became family. The ones of us that are left still are, that is one thing fe can never take away. Meter readers and lineman together.....we are family, and I will always treasure our times together, and the bond we built.

I remember the time when an employee or retiree of Penelec passed away, there would be members of management at the viewing or funeral to pay respect to the deceased and their family for the years of work the employee dedicated to the company. Those days are gone, I guess. Not one representative of Penelec was at the service to pay respects to Lynne or her family today. Coworkers and retirees were there, but not one representative of the company. SHAME on this company. I am pissed off and embarrassed to work for such a company. What is this world coming to?
I know they were aware of her passing, but I guess past employees do not matter any more than present employees.

I dedicate this post to the memory of the family members I have lost from the Susquehanna building....first Mark "Frank", then Ronnie(aka the love doctor), and now Lynne "Frank", all lineman. I reiterate my respect and love for you all.

cantwait
01-08-2010, 04:21 PM
EL, I didnt here about Lynne passing....my condolences. As far as management goes well, they must have known but what do you expect from a bunch of cold, heartless, self involved, ignorant, arrogant, know nothing assholes. I am not surprised.

electriklady
01-08-2010, 06:33 PM
I am not surprised either, but I am disgusted.:mad: The adjectives you used to describe fe management fits them perfectly....you hit the nail on the head.

terminater
01-10-2010, 06:07 PM
Yes Electric Lady, we work for loosers, the managers, directors,supervisores,and the rest of the low lifes find more pleasure,sneaking around,following employees hopeing.,and praying that they can find something that we are doing wrong so they can get a feather in there fat hats, to go to a viewing of a retired employee who gave 20 years plus, dont for get the overtime,well that would be fruitless,you see no rewards there,thats the type of people running this fuc$ed up show , so keep sucking up you KISSY FURS,and lets wait and see who comes to your goodbyes,also Aqua man should of stayed home,with the rest of the Kissy Furs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

terminater
02-01-2010, 07:02 PM
They still haven,t learned from there mistakes can,t wait for 1012,so hey you at the top wake up ,and steer your ring nosed Kissy furs , in your direction, I suggest you check them out ,:mad::mad:that continuous personal shopping on company time is getting old, oh ya that excuse of comp time is also getting old, try the local malls you cant miss those company people,the shadow of there a$$ weighs 50 lbs. :mad::mad:

terminater
02-09-2010, 07:48 PM
Heres a good one, a lust story, a engineer and a store keeper,far far away from one another,the lust fest started during the strike,and continues today,now who would give a shi$$ ,well quite frankly no one except ,that the engineer is a married man, and I think it,s time for his wife to get a phone call,after all shes the big bread winner in this little lust fest,this may teach the engineer rat to keep his mouth shut and if that doesn,t work Ihave something else planned for you ,you cheese eating rat bastard, by the way I have some very interesting proof of your lust fest, you better watch yourself you low life rat or you will be on the outside,watching me fuc$ing your wife:D:D:D:D

John N Morgan
02-22-2010, 10:29 PM
I sat here this afternoon and read this entire thread. Cheered on the strike vote, felt like I walked the lines with you, despised Chain and Mastec scabs, empathized at the terminated 5, and just when I thought the tread would end it turned into a whole other story.

FE is raiding the corporation. The management is selling off everything and awarding themselves big bonuses for as long as they can .. and then split. The implication is that PA will literally have to rebuild a power company from scratch.

This is what is going to happen all over the US. Publicly owned (shareholders are not the people affected by the raiding) power utilities gutted leaving the people in the area scrambling for power. No generation, no equipment and worst of all ... no toilet paper!

Tell me I'm wrong. Please!

I just joined this forum for another reason but I started reading the thread and just couldn't stop.

This thread is a history lesson. I hope they never delete it.

longpole
03-20-2010, 10:48 AM
I heard an FE superisor threatened to beat someone up in Johnstown. Has anybody else heard about this?

spikes
03-20-2010, 10:51 AM
it was in indiana pa not johnstown

longpole
03-20-2010, 11:04 AM
What's the details? Did the supervisor get reprimanded?

spikes
03-20-2010, 11:13 AM
i heard it was a substation boss. he said he was gonna kick this guys ass. the company brought in their lawyer and covered it all up. Fe don't treat us the same as their company people. if one of us had done that we be fired for sure!

longpole
03-20-2010, 11:22 AM
It sounds like the supervisors at FE are starting to crack under the pressure. Right now the only people who'd take a supervisor's job are from outside the company and don't know what their getting themselves into, or the scum suckers at the bottom. If any Union people are crazy enough to move into management for this company I say GOOD RIDDANCE! Go to the dark side but watch your back because your ex-union brothers and sisters won't be doing that for you anymore.

polemonkey
03-20-2010, 02:05 PM
i just interviewed with met-ed last week. everything didnt seem bad compared to where im from. what am i missing, or are the still good parts of this company?

277/480
03-21-2010, 07:47 AM
I was told the threatened employee and his witnesses were determined by management to be lying. Surprising huh?

Also heard that corporate FE told Penelec management to repair relations with members of 459. The above story is sure fire way to do that, dont you 459s agree. It shows a genuine attempt to repair relations.

With the huge merger looming, obviously management doesnt care that they continue to anger the employees with their "strong arm tactics" and low down dirty business practices when dealing with their employees. I have followed the posts on here since they began, and when the anger level rises so high, the words begin to flow, thousands of people read the posts, and their reputation is exposed. Obviously it doesnt matter to them, but I wonder how proud corporate will be at the publicized conduct of their Pennsylvania management at a once respected company:PENNSYLVANIA ELECTRIC COMPANY?
It doesnt sound like a good business tactic to me...but what do I know?

jerseyslave
03-21-2010, 12:35 PM
In Jersey Central, we sent linemen to Atlantic electric and Orange and Rockland and the hosts utilities loved the linemen. Loved the work ethic and safety attitude and the productions in bad conditions. They also treated us great and will have us back in a heart beat. I am sure our management will take full credit for our work. It is also painfully obvious that the only utility that does not respect and like us is first energy. We are nothing but a liability to them. A comment was heard that or the companies that work in New Jersey (Gas, Electric and Water), that they could not understand why anyone would work for first energy becuase of the way they treat the employees.

The only reason I work here is becuase I was here first and then we got bought out.

Also to stay on the thread, when we returned from our strike, they tried to play nice but the hostility remains and I dont think there is a way to repair the damage, it is still there way or the highway, and it didnt take long for them to get back to the norm.

We have a contract coming up in 6 months, and it does not look good. I for one, if we go on strike or the contract impact is to much, will go somewhere else.

Its funny that FE is one of the few utilities still advertising for foremen and linemen. In this economy they still cannot find anyone that is willing to endure the level of bullshit to work here.

bahamabear
04-15-2011, 09:38 PM
They still haven,t learned from there mistakes can,t wait for 1012,so hey you at the top wake up ,and steer your ring nosed Kissy furs , in your direction, I suggest you check them out ,:mad::mad:that continuous personal shopping on company time is getting old, oh ya that excuse of comp time is also getting old, try the local malls you cant miss those company people,the shadow of there a$$ weighs 50 lbs. :mad::mad:

I have seen this myself.

bahamabear
04-15-2011, 09:40 PM
We were supposed to get the new accident prevention handbook the beginning of '09 and we have yet to see it, so...........if someone falls and gets hurt in the icy or unplowed parking lot, they will quickly make a new safety rule....something like if the parking lot is treacherous the 3 points of contact we are supposed to use when getting out of a vehicle or going down steps will go to a 4 points of contact(crawling on your hands and knees) and anyone who doesnt follow that rule is in violation....probably a termination offense.......ie fe is not responsible. I am gonna have to start filling out a job briefing form before i attempt the parking lot in the winter.:rolleyes:

I'm sure they are working overtime on it once the safety man gets his list filled.

climbing high
04-24-2011, 11:49 AM
glad to see tony made some money this year,only 11 million! To anybody looking to come to penelec,beware on how you will be treated!! I have 28 years here and now i am forced to sleep in a pick up truck 2 nights a week because of the high price of gas etc. They removed the linemen from our location to save money and because there is no work, which were 2 big lies!!! Beware you young lineman that here and want come here this is the treatment you will get!!!!!! They will just adjust the figures to show it is working when everybody who works here locally knows it is not. This was payback for the strike to show their authority and power,but their stupidity and lack of common scents got the best of them. I just hope one day we can go back to a electric utility instead of a wall street utility.At least i can say I got a foreman to work for instead of someone who goes around and screams all day at you and makes believe he knows something!!!!!!!!!!

climbing high
05-10-2011, 04:54 PM
heard a rumor today that first energy might not higher the kids getting out of line school this year. Bids for jobs have been put on hold. At least their consistent, you can have 30 years or not even be employed yet and still get lied to and sh-t on. At least they may get the chance to work some place good and who respects their people. good luck boys!

bamf123
05-12-2011, 12:04 AM
Yeah not surprised. Linework is a hard profession to get into it seems. Line school is sort of a gamble. Your not guaranteed work. Look at PG&E and how they are turning away some that went through NCL!!! Its crazy.

I wouldnt want to pay 15-20k for 3-12 months of school then sit on unemployment for the next couple years. Or even take a lower paying job just to get your foot in the door. Thats ridicules.

heelwinch
05-12-2011, 09:43 AM
Yeah not surprised. Linework is a hard profession to get into it seems. Line school is sort of a gamble. Your not guaranteed work. Look at PG&E and how they are turning away some that went through NCL!!! Its crazy.

I wouldnt want to pay 15-20k for 3-12 months of school then sit on unemployment for the next couple years. Or even take a lower paying job just to get your foot in the door. Thats ridicules.

And that right there is why this industry will be in the toilet within 20 years.

Why should ANY kid have to take a lower paying job " just to get his foot in the door". I mean hell you just spent 4 or 5 months in school to learn this trade, you should be making A lineman wages right of the bat.

You don't even know what a lineman is yet.
Dufflepud.

15 to 20 K for an education is nothing... that's 2 semesters at a state college. Just to earn a BA in education will cost you 4 times that and then you will earn only 50% of what a lineman earns...
If a "kid" isn't willing to "lower" himself to have a job that could potentially increase his chances of becoming a lineman than he aint lineman material, go flip burgers.

bamf123
05-12-2011, 03:52 PM
And that right there is why this industry will be in the toilet within 20 years.

Why should ANY kid have to take a lower paying job " just to get his foot in the door". I mean hell you just spent 4 or 5 months in school to learn this trade, you should be making A lineman wages right of the bat.

You don't even know what a lineman is yet.
Dufflepud.

15 to 20 K for an education is nothing... that's 2 semesters at a state college. Just to earn a BA in education will cost you 4 times that and then you will earn only 50% of what a lineman earns...
If a "kid" isn't willing to "lower" himself to have a job that could potentially increase his chances of becoming a lineman than he aint lineman material, go flip burgers.

Its not worth a stroke ok? Just a internet forum!

I wasnt refering to kids. Just people in general. In most cases unless your a kid, your not going to have the time nor money to throw into something like this. It is a very big investment and yes your right. Is ideal for the younger kids. I think PG&E is doing a good thing with this pre-apprentice job.

heelwinch
05-12-2011, 08:58 PM
BECAUSE YOU WORTHLESS SUB HUMAN C0CKSUCKER, THE SCHOOL IS BELOW PAR. THEY DON'T TEACH YOU SHIT. BUT FROM YOUR FUKING POST, NO ONE TAUGHT YOU SHIT EITHER, OR YOU LEFT IT BEHIND IN THE BARS IN A DRUNKEN STUPOR.

THE ONLY THING THAT WILL EVER TAKE THIS INDUSTRY IS WORTHLESS SUB HUMAN C0CKSUCKING BACK STABBERS LIKE YOU FROM THE INSIDE. ONE OF YOUR FELLOW UNION MEMBERS SHOULD HAVE PUT YOU OUT ON THE CURB IN A TRASH BAG YEARS AGO.
THE KID DOESN'T DESERVE TO BE IN THE TRADE IF HE PAYS FOR A USELESS SCHOOL TO CUT CORNERS INSTEAD OF APPLYING FOR A JOB AND WORKING YOUR WAY UP. HL&P $2.45 AN HOUR IN 1967, 2.5 YEARS LATER OJT TRAINING $4.56 JY LINEMAN. THAT IS THE WAY IT'S DONE, BUT YOU WOULDN'T KNOW THAT WOULD YOU WIDE ASS operator??

Out of the 30 or so that showed up at WESTAR'S boot camp 6 made the apprentice program. one was never in a line school just a grunt that learned to climb on his own. CRAWL OR HAVE SOMEONE WHEEL YOUR ASS BACK INTO THAT SLUM HOLE YOU CALL HOME.

I got a deal for you FAT FUKK.... Just like your BUTT BUDDY WULDWOLKER... you quit replyimg to my posts... And I'll leave your worthless ass alone.... Otherwise... the gloves are off... and you and you back door drifters are in for a a ride....

If you even took 2 seconds to read my posts it said exactely the same as you sudt di without the profanity... so FUKK YOU you dumb KA hick inbread mother fukker.
I'm certain the best part of you ran down your mothers leg and left a brown spot on the sheets.

The only reason RUDY stays with you is that you can breed 3 goats at one time... you inbread fukk.

heelwinch
05-13-2011, 08:55 AM
So I take that as a NO??? Fat ASS

heelwinch
05-13-2011, 09:02 AM
Its not worth a stroke ok? Just a internet forum!

I wasnt refering to kids. Just people in general. In most cases unless your a kid, your not going to have the time nor money to throw into something like this. It is a very big investment and yes your right. Is ideal for the younger kids. I think PG&E is doing a good thing with this pre-apprentice job.

Not to worry... I have allready had one.

Life is about taking chances to get things you want, saying that your not willing to take those risks... but you want all the reward, is why I posted what I did. That's why there are people sitting on unemployment for 2 years... they aren't willing too take a chance, so they just take the reward from the government and their former employers.

electriklady
05-13-2011, 05:04 PM
that's ok Climbing High.....now that will get hired by PPL where I believe they will get a defined pension, more money per hour, and maybe a company who treats them like the asset I am sure they will be.......

I gotta talk to Bahama Bear this weekend and see if he has heard anything.....if so....I bet he is just laughing his a$$ off. Just another page in the saga.......:D

climbing high
05-14-2011, 07:27 AM
hearing 14 kids testing at ppl in the next 2 weeks. Also heard they will take them all. first enengy training ground for ppl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what a joke ! wonder if they need any planners?

loose neutral
06-02-2011, 07:11 PM
I know a so called foremen we can send them, I could probably think of a few more if I really tried. What do ya' think ?

electriklady
06-02-2011, 07:21 PM
who oh who could you be talking about LN? hmmmmmmmmm:D;)

loose neutral
06-02-2011, 07:39 PM
Save your $ EL. 2012 is coming !!!!! Ready for another spring break ? !!!!