PDA

View Full Version : First Energy Strike

Pages : [1] 2 3

linedog50
05-22-2009, 06:02 PM
Which company went out?What did they want the union to give back? You know Tony has to keep the corp.JET!

jmac62
05-22-2009, 09:40 PM
I know Penelec went out on strike last night Thursday May 21st. I think there hoping MetEd joins them in the fight against First Energy. I believe there fighting over 24/7 shift work, wage freezes, and a bunch of other stuff that First Energy is trying to shove down there throats.

jerseyslave
05-23-2009, 09:43 AM
When we were on strike in New jersey, we had hoped that Penelec and Met ed would join us, but the locals will do (must do really) what is best for the membership. With the exception of the zero increase for wages, new jersey has had the phones for 24 hour coverage, meal reduction, and a variety of give backs that have been introduced in the last 2 contracts. The company seems to want to nail the workers down and control on and off time to lower their cost and need to hire. FE is big, record profits last year and quarter, lots of lawyers, foreman and managers frothing to go to penelec to make some money on the strikers back.

And as far as the company being worried that employees would leave, I have heard it said that when we leave, then they would worry about it. Not a lot of fear from them on that. But when people leave, retire, go on strike and say the hell with this and go somewhere else, at some point this will make a difference, and be noticed by the puc, bpu, and public. And they are the only ones with influence over the company and therefore get respect from the company, to get them to bend and change the way they operate.

If you take a look in Ohio, how the regulators changed the rules for FE and is impacting the bottom line for the company, you will see what this company fears. If the politicians and the regulators get involved in the strike you will see the company take notice. If met ed joins the strike, you will see the company get stretched and have to spend some money when they are crying poverty!!!

So for the penelec guys, I am praying for bad weather in your districts, and for met ed, I hope you get a fair contract or join penelec and both of you get a fair contract.

Maybe someday the employees will be worth more to the company than the trucks...

jerseyslave
05-23-2009, 09:48 AM
http://www.ohio.com/business/45897492.html

great overview article

ClimbingFool
05-24-2009, 06:48 AM
Corporate GREED has gotten out of control at First Energy with the company making a record profit of 1.3 billion dollars last year. The strike isnt as much about a wage increase as it is the working condition changes. Duty Crew 24/7 coverage, elimination of the gloving rule and hotstick agreement,........

mx-5
05-24-2009, 07:15 AM
"elimination of the gloving rule,hot stick agreement"??..please elaborate..:eek:

mainline
05-24-2009, 10:57 AM
All of the holding companies are doing the same thing. I think they must have the same managment scumbag handbook. We here at CMP are hoping that the regulators become more aware of the fact that these labor dispute span multiple states and show a pattern of disregard for the employees and ultimately the public. I wish you guys luck in your dispute, as do all of us here at IBEW 1837.

ClimbingFool
05-25-2009, 09:16 PM
The elimanation of the gloving rules and hotstick agreement opens the door for the company to have lineman glove and stick ANY size wire and they(company) determines how many lineman it takes to do the job....just to name a few examples of what they want. And who in there right mind wants a one year contract just to turn around a year later and lose more of what our Brothers have stood up for, for the last 100 years!

smooth01
05-26-2009, 07:11 PM
Have you been able to get a STRIKE authorization from the international ?MEC couldn't get backing from them.

ClimbingFool
05-27-2009, 08:39 AM
We have the backing of the international. They the I.O. are fully aware of how the anti-employee FirstEnergy operates! FE never follows the contract book even when we do have a contract. Therefore this creates hundreds on hundreds of grievances amongst the members. I have never seen such SOLIDARITY between the members as i have now in my past 20 years! When a contract is voted down by a 93% margin that should tell you what kind of garbage is in the offer.

Lizzy Bordon
05-27-2009, 10:29 PM
Ok, hit a raw nerve. JCP&L was on strike 3 1/2 months against FE. Met Ed could have honored their brothers and sisters and created a huge strike and put the company on their knees. Did they??? No they chose to extend their contract and see what JCP&L settled for claims the eboard of local 777 felt it was best.....for who?? JCP&L had the balls to fight back....ALONE....now Met Ed is faced with what JCP&L was faced with. I do not wish a strike on anyone. It's a loosing battle with FE. No one will win. The company is just plain stupid, ignorant and dumb f&*ks. Wake up call for Met Ed there is strength in numbers. Make your move or forever hold your heads in shame. No more tough talk please cant stand it anymore. If you want to accomplish something then now is the time.....put the bastards on their knees and join your brothers and sisters like you should have with JCP&L you would not be in the boat you are in now. FE could give two shits about your pension, health care, family life or spirit. Hello, they are cheap ass bastards with comb over hair and plastic shoes. Face the facts everyone is riding it out who has a lot of years and can not wait to get out. We unfortunately already sold off the younger employees soles but look around the grass is not greener anywhere today.

Penelec is already out............so whats your excuse now.......do it........bring them to their knees. Strength in numbers..........you can not turn your back on your union brothers and sisters again...CAN YOU!!!

I AM PRAYING FOR STORMS. WE NEVER GOT ANY. Heck what do I care I bought a generator so bring it on! Go get them Met Ed. We never got our 24/7 money and you got yours. We won in arbitration but does not mean squat.

cantwait
05-28-2009, 09:13 AM
Lizzy Borden (love that name) I'm one of the penelec strikers, and I voted to go out 3 years ago when you were out. We could've had a 5 year contract last time but went for a 3 year to put us inline with JCP&L and Met-Ed so maybe we could put this company on its knees. Pennpowers contract is up June 1, no noise comin from them. We are only a week in and its bad, gonna get worse but the solidarity is 110%! Lotsa Met-Ed and Ohio company scabs up here, I don't wish this on anyone but if 777 goes it'll be a big help and I know our BA is very impressed with 777 BA....so hopefully....ah ya just never know.

Avid
05-28-2009, 06:15 PM
777 hasn't even voted on anything yet, and wont be talking again until June 1st.

UWUA 180 (Penelec, Altoona Operating Area) goes out next June so if we take a one year deal that would put us in line with them too.

http://ibew777.com/news.htm

We should have gone out together, IMO. We've been negotiating longer than 459 too.

I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel though. If things dont improve after we get a contract, I can't see myself sticking around too much longer. Every day I hear guys say they feel trapt here and wish they could leave without giving up 5 weeks of vacation and tons of sick time.

Lizzy Bordon
05-28-2009, 06:18 PM
I feel bad for you been there done that. They just do not care about anyone. They have no clue how to run a business........they just cut cut cut. I would not be suprised if they sell out eventually. How dumb was it to sell off generation, that set the pace for how well the company is being run. Trust me the people they sent up there do not have a clue. I hope none of them get hurt for their sake. They think they have been trained but most are clueless. I watched the same guy in two different states doing hazard work during a storm. 1st time standing right next to down primary, bare, asked him so what would you do if the line came back on or is not dead and your standing 2' from the primary for no reason...dah, he said he had on his di electric boots, he had on the rain boots from the storm kit.
2nd time same guy all decked out in his FR stuff official this time walking through wetlands looking for the other end of the primary which yes was on the source side he was walking toward. He was cocky said he was trained...AGAIN...Dah. I bet he is out there saving the world right now. He is going to get hurt just a matter of time. I hope he learns a lesson and not killed instead.

I am hoping you get a storm....its dark supposed to get a good storm nothing yet.

The storm training was done in the warehouse parking lot, video tape and a numb nuts training them. Scary stuff.

Hey if Uncle Tony would cough up some of his bonus it would pay for what maybe 50 union job salaries for a year.

Avid
05-28-2009, 06:42 PM
I worked out of UWUA 180 for a while during my apprenticeship and it was better. Small shop, out of sight, out of mind. Lots of hard work, but we got the job done and they were happy. I should have stayed, but the commute was killing me (90 miles/day, diesel was $4+/gal). Great group of guys though. There wasn't the same amount of BS that goes on everyday like there is here.

I tired to get back there for some personal reasons with the economy, but crossed over to the dark side and was told no. Same story as SH really. They want me back but Met-Ed said no.

I hope it gets better...

OLE' SORE KNEES
05-28-2009, 09:27 PM
I feel bad for you been there done that. They just do not care about anyone. They have no clue how to run a business........they just cut cut cut. I would not be suprised if they sell out eventually. How dumb was it to sell off generation, that set the pace for how well the company is being run. Trust me the people they sent up there do not have a clue. I hope none of them get hurt for their sake. They think they have been trained but most are clueless. I watched the same guy in two different states doing hazard work during a storm. 1st time standing right next to down primary, bare, asked him so what would you do if the line came back on or is not dead and your standing 2' from the primary for no reason...dah, he said he had on his di electric boots, he had on the rain boots from the storm kit.
2nd time same guy all decked out in his FR stuff official this time walking through wetlands looking for the other end of the primary which yes was on the source side he was walking toward. He was cocky said he was trained...AGAIN...Dah. I bet he is out there saving the world right now. He is going to get hurt just a matter of time. I hope he learns a lesson and not killed instead.

I am hoping you get a storm....its dark supposed to get a good storm nothing yet.

The storm training was done in the warehouse parking lot, video tape and a numb nuts training them. Scary stuff.

Hey if Uncle Tony would cough up some of his bonus it would pay for what maybe 50 union job salaries for a year.

Sad to say but...........Seen it before Lizzy...................Stupidity plus Cockiness will eventually lead to thier dimise

jmac62
05-28-2009, 11:28 PM
Can the members of 459 go to other First Energy properties and strike like in Met Ed or JCP&L territory?

Then all those union workers would not be able to cross the picket line. It might show FE that the unions are working together and put some power back in our hands. Even if it does break some stupid anti-union clause in the contract. We are not allowed to cross picket lines. In our district, FE breaks the contract all the time and then just makes us grieve it and most of the time nothing gets done at least not in a timely manner.

Well, it's just a thought, that would send a powerful message to the corporate scum...

jerseyslave
05-29-2009, 07:17 PM
Rumor goin around that tony alexander is making an announcement next week that the company is in dire financial condition. He needs cheaper equipment, and a 10 percent pay reduction for management, and to reopen our contracts to help the company.

Why dont you treat your people right and not have an expensive strike? Why not sell the f***in jets? How about having an independent auditor check things out to see where the record profits last year and quarter went?

Avid
05-30-2009, 08:03 PM
I heard rumor of another corporate layoff. It was said one of our foreman (JM) gave up a week of vacation in exchange for stock. Not sure about pay cuts or anything like that.

I guess Tony really got hammered at the share holders meeting last week in Ohio.

If Ohio wouldn't have been greedy, maybe they wouldn't have screwed up the generation contract and lost a pile of money. Whooops

cantwait
06-01-2009, 02:04 PM
Penelec just brought in scab contractors. Anybody ever deal with Chain Electric outta Mississippi? Obviously pretty crappy outfit, cause they crossed the picket line.

johnbellamy
06-01-2009, 03:09 PM
Penelec just brought in scab contractors. Anybody ever deal with Chain Electric outta Mississippi? Obviously pretty crappy outfit, cause they crossed the picket line.

**** it, you already know what I am gonna say.............

What up Labor.

What up "old safetyman", food on the table, I know.

Avid
06-01-2009, 04:43 PM

Is that who it is? My friend from Penelec (UWUA 180) said it was Pike, but he could be wrong.

We have a video meeting tomorrow at 9am with big Tony. We'll see what that's about.

cantwait
06-01-2009, 04:59 PM
I heard Pike is in some areas and there's another no name contractor outta Jersey thats down around Dubois workin. Let us know what the video is maybe its layoffs of more linecrossin' company people!

Lizzy Bordon
06-01-2009, 11:38 PM
JCP&L tried to organize a strike in front of Met Ed to get support while we were out, we were not allowed, some bogus excuse given by 777, one was it would hurt our fellow employees because they may get docked hours or disciplined....what the f..., we honored them and did not picket Pa. I know the guys in JCP&L :Dwould applaud a picket line from Met Ed and look forward to a day off and not be concerned about a few dollars:mad: to make a point.

FYI PP&L laid off all the Asplungh contractors that they had in Allentown at PP&L last Thursday. PP&L is supposed to have additional job cuts which will effect the PP&L union this time around which they said will be a lot of office personal and 800#, they have no meter readers. Asplungh will not cross Met Eds line even though the union halls are fully stocked.

Rumor had it Met Ed will be cutting more jobs in June......polish up those golf clubs it may save your job, better yet offer to carry the bag.....clubs or shit you figure it out.

Good ideas......

1). Get rid of the cafeteria in Reading like you did in Morristown and make the employees supply the microwave, coffee pots and utensils.
2). Make the employees buy their own chairs, stationary, pencils or steal from other utilities while at joint meetings. Tell them you do not have a business card it is not in this years budget.
3). Keep paying your bosses to play golf on company time, go home, get haircuts, shop or take naps.
4). Check and see why the bosses car/suv is always parked at his house (mighty fine lawn you have there and when do you find all the time to mow it).
5). Do not try to sweep a nuclear power leak such as David Besse under the carpet and hope no one notices and cry when you get fined millions and then refuse to pay because....oh golly gee I'm Fe.
6). Spend ton's of money in court for no f..king reason because you can not admit you are wrong and then cut employees pay or lay some of them off who know what they are actually doing because they are not subservient.
7). Keep paying two people to ride around in a truck with a $1500.00 tough book and create orders for the line shop when dah.....there are no lineman to fix your broken ground wire, cracked insulator ect. Promote the dyslexic ones who can never get a pole number correct or send both of them out to look at it again.
8). MY FAVORITE buy more big screen TV's with subliminal messages from Uncle Tony and everyone else staring aimlessly into the monitor reading from flash cards who obviously had a lobotomy telling you things that you knew two years ago but FE just found out about. Put them in a break room no one uses because you put the TV in there to annoy them. Draw funny face's in the dust on the TV because you laid off the cleaning people.
9). Buy more Buck squeeze or what ever the heck pantie inhibitors they are instead of real line trucks....contractors have beautiful equipment and make more money then FE's own employees. Pay the contractors double time and screw you own employee and then ask why no one comes in for a storm.
10). Tell Uncle Tony to take a cut in pay, put a pair of di electric boots up his a$$ filled with concrete and take a plunge in the Delaware. Italian my a$$ he is a embarrassment to the nationality and the human race. Some would call him "Yellow" not Uncle Tony or possibly numb-nuts. Yell "Mafia" and I bet he pees his pants.
11). Why does FE have so many human resource's people or head hunters when they are not hiring and have not for a long time......twidle de dee we are so dumb. Let's see we have at least 40 HR people to hire 1 person....Ha gotta love it.
12). Modern technology......gee lets pay our management people to drive 150 miles a day to sit at a desk and do what they could have done close to home at their other desk.....yes, we will pay them mileage too. When they get there, ask them if they car pooled. Ha........yup on my motorcycle so shut up and pay me. Add some flex time because they worked 10 hours that day including the drive time.
13). Let's pay all of them to drive to Reading once a month for a useless meeting of the mindless. Preach safety while Don Brennan steps on and off the 30" stage without using the stairs with the hand rails and all while having an actual conversation about safety......HERE'S YOUR SIGN!!:D Oh I forgot while they are all sitting in chairs with broken pieces taped together with electrical tape......safety......hey Joe got any more tape.
Lead by example...............that sums it up:confused:

Stormtrooper
06-02-2009, 12:12 AM
Worked for Penelec for 15 years, started when it was a great place to work with good people all around, both union and management. First Energy really ruined all that but they gave me the push I needed to get out and enjoy a life that does not evolve around work all the time. Still a Lineman but thank God not for them. I still have many friends who work there and really feel for them and hope they make out well. Many have to stay due to family and community ties. FIFO (@#%$ idiots from Ohio) is big,smart and very greedy with only money on their minds with a total disregard for their employees. Most of their own management hates and fears them. Hopefully this strike will help show who they really are. You Scabs are just another stepping stone for them and someday you will realize your mistake. Your almost like itty bitty FIFO's yourself, strickly in it for the money today with no sense of the future or your pride. Its better to die on your feet then to live life on your knees
" The beatings will continue until morale improves"
Good luck Brothers and Sisters!!!

electriklady
06-02-2009, 12:18 AM
Lizzy Borden....I like your money saving ideas for FE.....but I especially like the dielectric boots filled with concrete shoved up Tony's rectal cavity. I work for Penelec and am a proud member of local 459. Our solidarity is strong, we will fight these arrogant a88holes as long as it takes. Good one today some whiteshirt from Jersey central crossed the picket line with a license plate that read "2 rich".....Just an example of this companies arrogance. we figured out today if they can pull all these people out of management to do our jobs.....their jobs can't be real crucial in the first place. I am sure when this is resolved they will get a "thank you, good job" just before they get the call that their services are not needed anymore.

As to other posts on the strike....here in NE Pa yes......Chainelectric from Mississippi crossed the picket line with 2 bucket trucks. Also Asplundh crossed the picket line today. We are under constant suvellience by "Pinkerton" men....aka mallcops....other than that...life is good

"Taking a stand for the working man(and woman)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Lizzy Bordon
06-02-2009, 12:42 AM
Never saw that license plate....probably from the shore, look like salt film on the car? Got electrical tape, change the plate to 2 dicks.

I am just praying for a storm.....we never got one and I hope you do. They ruined a really good company. Would be nice to see them bought out and kicked out. What the heck is 777 waiting for.......christmas.......they need to shit or get off the pot.

Truthfully, I bet they do not pay the management people any overtime.......it is expected to donate their time in such difficult financial times....Uncle Tony needs another vacation or a ride in our limo.

ClimbingFool
06-02-2009, 07:50 AM
Your tips on saving money Lizzy should be followed by FE and then Pennsylvania wouldnt have to have a rate hike! Stormtroopers right about being socked in with this company with family ties and no where to go. Ive got 22 years in now and no where to go unless i want to transfer to an REA. We had 3 buckets from Chain cross our picket line yesterday for a nice whittle cookout for the gang...probly all filled with rat poison to keepem all going! I see this morning Local 777's about got their contract talks wrapped up with the next talk on June 17th. By the sounds of things they wont be joining us on the picket line! Good luck these FE bastards will get ya one way or another!

electriklady
06-02-2009, 08:51 AM
Never saw that license plate....probably from the shore, look like salt film on the car? Got electrical tape, change the plate to 2 dicks.

I am just praying for a storm.....we never got one and I hope you do. They ruined a really good company. Would be nice to see them bought out and kicked out. What the heck is 777 waiting for.......christmas.......they need to shit or get off the pot.

Truthfully, I bet they do not pay the management people any overtime.......it is expected to donate their time in such difficult financial times....Uncle Tony needs another vacation or a ride in our limo.

It sounds as though Met Ed will not be joining us....from what their website says.....they are expecting an offer next meeting...It sounds as though we will be on our own.....When we made the decision we did not count on anyone standing with us(although that would have been a beautiful thing). We may be small as far as numbers go, but we have the heart of a hurricane....We are one and we are united and as far as First Enemy goes.... we say ENOUGH IS ENOUGH, you arrogant sons of bi*#hes!

F.U. F.E.

electriklady
06-02-2009, 11:40 AM
:(

Lizzy....got the word today...and it is a very reliable source.....Management is being paid 8 hours straight time and time and a half after that. No wonder Tony is crying poverty:mad:

Avid
06-02-2009, 04:14 PM
The video from Tony today was pathetic. Basically crying poverty and talking about management/corporate cuts. 5-25% of pay, vacation time is now PAD days (no carryover), etc.

They're supposed to meet with the bargaining units and try and reach an agreement with consessions. :rolleyes:

777 is supposed to be offered something the next meeting. I asked if we were going to go out on a strike, and it doesn't look like it. We can't unless they bring that back for a vote. We've not voted on anything yet.

I wish 459 and 777 would have gone out together, and stayed together. But it seems like we're doing our own things now. I don't know, definitely frustrating though.

And Lizzy, you're opening my eyes on the history here. That's pretty bad that 777 said no to letting you guys picket here. No wonder there's some hard feelings there. I'd heard from LM that you guys really wouldn't talk to us last year during your negotations. Maybe he wasn't in charge back during the strike, but he seems like a decent/open guy.

We'll see what they offer. I think they're just trying to buy time though.

electriklady
06-02-2009, 05:27 PM
Avid.......Maybe we should put collection cans out for First Enemy.....I am sure we could raise some spare change for them......Tony is probably thinking "my 13 million dollar bonus is not going to happen next year":D I have to be honest...we were hoping you guys would stand with us....I wish your brothers and sisters thought the way you do, but......we will continue to fight no matter what happens.

It is truly sad when you love what you do...but you despise who you do it for. The more money we make them, by doing a good job, the more they treat us like dogs.....and you know the old saying..."you can only kick a dog so long, before it bites"

I wonder how "gung-ho" the management scabs are feeling tonight with the announced salary cuts?
Remember our motto....F.U. F.E.

cantwait
06-02-2009, 07:05 PM
It's not over yet Avid, there's a good chance you guys will get a huge p.o.s to vote on and it'll go down. The thought of 459 and 777 goin out at the same time (while awesome) was a pipe dream. But that doesn't mean we won't be out at the same time. Nobody wants to be on strike but with this company you better plan on it sooner or later, we turned down the one year extension so we could have some power in numbers.

Lizzy Bordon
06-02-2009, 11:57 PM
Did you guys forget that FE thought they had us down so low we would come back to work. They bought all kinds of food, catered, shrimp ect. as a welcome back jesture. Handed us a pile of shit to vote to come back on. We told them to kiss our a$$ and the company was full of food for 1300 employees who decided strike and being hungry was much better than taking food from a thief.

They will only offer Met Ed enough of a tease because they pretty much know Met Ed is chicken to strike. Fe does not want Met Ed out the same time as Penelec because it would blindside them if we got a storm.

Its hard not to have hard feelings when your freezing your butt off picketing and your brothers and sisters are nice and toasty warm waiting for you to clear a path. We took a hard hit in the wallet while others waited it out. IBEW needs to wake up and smell the coffee. Fe is pitting local against local----HELLO its working. Fine tuning Met Eds contract is not buying the brothers any brownie points.

I am so proud of myself because I had the gutts to stick up to them. I do not have to slink by anyone knowing I turned my back on them.

Strength in numbers. Do the right thing.

ClimbingFool
06-03-2009, 07:52 AM
If you do the math with Uncle Tonys broadcast yesterday, then the 5% reduction in salary for most SCAB Fer's the first 5 weeks they work our strike is for free! Looks like Tony got you too folks! Serves you bas...ds right for laughing and talking about how your going to pay your houses off,etc. WHAT COMES AROUND GOES AROUND! As for Med Ed Im not counting my Brothers out yet until i see what they do with the possible P.O.S. theyll be getting in two weeks. Although it wouldve been nice to go out with us for major SOLIDARITY! Since 1893 the IBEW has had to stand up to companies for our rights and the protection of our brothers and im not backn down now!

Orgnizdlbr
06-04-2009, 12:08 PM
Ok, hit a raw nerve. JCP&L was on strike 3 1/2 months against FE. Met Ed could have honored their brothers and sisters and created a huge strike and put the company on their knees. Did they??? No they chose to extend their contract and see what JCP&L settled for claims the eboard of local 777 felt it was best.....for who?? JCP&L had the balls to fight back....ALONE....now Met Ed is faced with what JCP&L was faced with. I do not wish a strike on anyone. It's a loosing battle with FE. No one will win. The company is just plain stupid, ignorant and dumb f&*ks. Wake up call for Met Ed there is strength in numbers. Make your move or forever hold your heads in shame. No more tough talk please cant stand it anymore. If you want to accomplish something then now is the time.....put the bastards on their knees and join your brothers and sisters like you should have with JCP&L you would not be in the boat you are in now. FE could give two shits about your pension, health care, family life or spirit. Hello, they are cheap ass bastards with comb over hair and plastic shoes. Face the facts everyone is riding it out who has a lot of years and can not wait to get out. We unfortunately already sold off the younger employees soles but look around the grass is not greener anywhere today.

Penelec is already out............so whats your excuse now.......do it........bring them to their knees. Strength in numbers..........you can not turn your back on your union brothers and sisters again...CAN YOU!!!

I AM PRAYING FOR STORMS. WE NEVER GOT ANY. Heck what do I care I bought a generator so bring it on! Go get them Met Ed. We never got our 24/7 money and you got yours. We won in arbitration but does not mean squat.

When we were on strike on 04-05 LU 777's contract was not about expire and they did not extend. Their contract was up a year after ours......therefore they could not walk out.

Same with LU 459, they were not near expiration. We all know we have no strike/no lock out clauses. Also an issue of what is called "Hot cargo" charges at the NLRB if they would have walked. it certainly would have been nice if we all expired together, but we didnt and still dont.

It will be interesting to see what happens with 777, what offer if any the company will give. With Tony's big woe is me speach the other day, i dont see a fair offer in the works. I hope I am wrong.

459 is a goos local with good leadership, I wish them the best. We need to support with whatever assistance they can use!

Lizzy Bordon
06-04-2009, 08:54 PM
JCP&L's contract was up in November, not sure what date they settled it this year. We went on strike before Christmas previously. Met Ed's contract was up I believe begining of May..............normaly you start to negotiate your contract MONTHS in advance unless you agree to extend it. I probably should have made myself a little more clear. Just like they did this year.........JCP&L settled, Penelec went on strike and Met Ed gets to extend yet another contract again, wondering if they are waiting for Penelec to settle their strike this time. Where the heck are the storms. Met Ed better stock up the money from storm overtime. I really do not see the company giving them anything, for pity sake they are broke, I am sure everyone wants to give them some sympathy.

Poor Uncle Tony........the memo looks like retiree's eventually will give up any contributions from the company on health care......read this issue.....would you want to work for this company?????

Lnhnd13
06-04-2009, 09:05 PM
What all contractors have crossed the picket line so far.

loose neutral
06-05-2009, 02:09 PM
So far I know for a fact that Chain Electric out of Mississippi has crossed. They are in my area. I heard Pike is out in the western part of the state along with a no namer out of Jersey. Also heard rumors of more on their way from NC and SC.

union4life
06-05-2009, 06:59 PM
mastech is also working around clearfield

Orgnizdlbr
06-06-2009, 07:18 AM
JCP&L's contract was up in November, not sure what date they settled it this year. We went on strike before Christmas previously. Met Ed's contract was up I believe begining of May..............normaly you start to negotiate your contract MONTHS in advance unless you agree to extend it. I probably should have made myself a little more clear. Just like they did this year.........JCP&L settled, Penelec went on strike and Met Ed gets to extend yet another contract again, wondering if they are waiting for Penelec to settle their strike this time. Where the heck are the storms. Met Ed better stock up the money from storm overtime. I really do not see the company giving them anything, for pity sake they are broke, I am sure everyone wants to give them some sympathy.

Poor Uncle Tony........the memo looks like retiree's eventually will give up any contributions from the company on health care......read this issue.....would you want to work for this company?????

Thise year Met-Ed offered 777 an extension at status quo with no raise prior to expiration, the committee didnt bring it back.

777 did not extend the last contract after we were on strike, they were in full negotiations and agreed to much of what we got.

mx-5
06-06-2009, 11:04 PM
how cool would a nation wide lineman strike be....that would send a message..:)

WCLR
06-07-2009, 04:26 AM
Click on the pics of the Chain guys to email them and tell them what you think of them being rats.

http://www.chainelectric.com/difference

If thats the wrong company I will promptly remove the link. Good luck guys/gals and I hope yall burn FE. After reading how they treated JCP&L here on the boards when they were on strike I hope yall get em. Sounds like a company that doesnt really care about its workers.

NJLocal1303
06-08-2009, 12:31 PM
Larry Mills – Good Luck on negotiations. We know it will be a long, hard battle. You have the continual support IBEW Local 1303 JCP&L. Hope to hear from you so that our Members may assist you in your fight against First Energy.
Charlie Hicks, President

brokenxarm
06-10-2009, 11:45 AM
http://www.ohio.com/business/42291607.html. 'Nuff said.

WCLR
06-10-2009, 07:46 PM
Awww, his bonus fell to only 2.3

I could live a long time off 2.3

And they want to give the workers a hard time while dishing out almost 13 mil? I dont feel for FE. Good luck!

Lizzy Bordon
06-11-2009, 11:11 PM
Big embarrassment take the money and run Tony.....cut more jobs so you can have a better bonus next year....I know you sleep under a rock but I hope its not a comfy one unless its your head stone then best wishes.

electriklady
06-12-2009, 08:34 AM
:D:DIf there is one thing we are learning from this strike it is that the safety rules that they threatened us with on a daily basis, don't apply to management. Out working in the field they do just about whatever they want, no rubber, no road signs, no wheel chocks, short sleeves, etc etc. Could it it be that Mr Napier and friends are not really concerned about our safety, but are using safety rules as a way to exert their rampant obnoxious lust for power......and we thought they really cared. Dammmmm, fooled again.......NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

Avid
06-12-2009, 05:01 PM
Take pictures.......PLEASE!!!!!!!!

Someone in our shop complained to the DOL about unsanitary conditions at work. Including bird poop (everywhere), dead birds, and the bathrooms that only get cleaned 3 times a week (and lousy at that).

I think it'd be funny for pictures to come back and bite them though...or get sent into OSHA :D

loose neutral
06-12-2009, 07:55 PM
We watched the FIFOs try to do a simple service upgrade and noted 9 safety violations !!! We also have the pics to prove it. Now we have the F%$#ING non-union hero scabs from Mississippi gloving the 34.5. They are digging their own graves and with the way they are working, they might need them. Well maybe if they can get away without killing anyone, Tony will give them a FIFO t-shirt, a coffee cup or a really nice pen to take back home. The first day they were here they held a big ole' scab welcoming barbeque. Burgers, hot dogs,chips and sodas. They really went all out. Hell we had better food on the picket line. If you guys want to see some pics, go to www.ibew459.org and look under "combat". Thanks to Adam and Matt from local 1298 who came up fro NJ and walked with us for a couple of hours, it really meant a lot. Thanks also for everyone's support on this forum, keep it coming, it looks like we might be in for a long fight. In case you don't know, a FIFO is a F#*^ING idiot from Ohio. (company people of course).

Lizzy Bordon
06-12-2009, 10:49 PM
I actually had fun on strike. I got to bond with my friends again. We played scrabble and had wood cutting contests. We were in a nice area that hated FE so we never went dry of dunkin doughnuts coffee or doughnuts. Sure I went broke but that was only temporary and they held it against us like a bunch of little babies and they wonder why we just can not get along. Imagine the people who run the company hold grudges and wonder why they are failing..........ha ha. Good luck guys, girls.

cantwait
06-13-2009, 08:29 AM
We watched the "chain gang" of scabs workin yesterday. I've seen slower progress and more confusion on job sites but only one completley staffed by first day apprentices! I hope they work some outages, no way they'll get anything done quick enough for "chief three hairs". We had a nice bbq thursday and raised a little (legal) hell. Thanks to local 1298 for coming up and walkin the line with us. They had their turn in the barrel now its ours, I only wish we'd taken time off to picket with them.

Been FE'd
06-14-2009, 09:15 PM
As long as the public has no clue what goes on they will continue to get away with what they are doing. Have Tony explain how all the things they tell the customers they are doing for them never seem to benefit anyone but Tony and his Fatcat buddies. Pete was no better and he faced his maker.These scumbags never lose they just keep on sticking it to everyone
they can.
Let the customer know how much money is spent on disregard of the contracts,losing arbitrations,etc. These people are Evil and Tony is the
Devil.
If the day ever comes that there is competition this Company will lose because noone can wipe their own @$$ without being told to do so.
Even the lawyers laugh at these idiots, they get paid for losing.Wonder how
much they spend to have the laws form fitted to be able to stick it to everyone.
Ask not what you can do for your family....just be ready to be FE'd

jerseyslave
06-19-2009, 05:05 PM
New jerseys sending more people for transmission to penelec. Vandalism made the safety meeting here also. Got to tell you I love the stories of the harassment to the scabs. The vandalism sounds like it could have been that way to begin with and they are making it up.

I also hear that the negotiations for met ed are progressing and nothing goin on for penelec.

Looks like penelecs turn in the barrel. Stay strong brothers and fight the company not each other!!!!

loose neutral
06-19-2009, 07:25 PM
If anyone hears about any more f&#$!ing non union scab ass contractors heading into 459's turf, please post it here. The chain crews are still here and with possible storms over the weekend, there could be more coming. Thanks

Lizzy Bordon
06-19-2009, 09:52 PM
the union line contractors were asked to take a reduction in pay of 5-10 percent from the contractors pay as a good faith move. They want them to use less material and cut wages where ever they can so they can help get fe back on their feet. Nice just cut off the hand that feeds you. Stop the madness, cut human resourses they are not busy any more.

Yo, Tony step up to the plate and donate some of your $$$ back or suck it up and pay the people who do the work for you and make the business run.

Lead follow or get the hell out of the way........FIFO

Recurve62
06-20-2009, 11:34 AM
No luck with the storms last night at least in this area. We need some big help from Mother Nature.
Ideas for new tactics to put more pressure on FE to return to the table to negotiate???????
SCABS!!!!! still working in our area, harrass them as much as is possible, make them know beyond any doubt how much they are unwanted.
Hang in for the long haul if neccessary, don't cave!!!!!! This is not about now, it is about the future.

Lizzy Bordon
06-20-2009, 11:33 PM
We never got a storm and you can not reason with "The Village Idiot". I see one big golden parachute being stitched as we speak.

They just do not care......about the employee's.....the customer and the company. They have no clue, never will. I hate to say it but its like throwing sand into the ocean. Tony's brain is like dumping sand in a sieve.

Ignore them, like we did, go about your life, the lineman worked elsewhere and the rest of up made ends meet. They never paid us the 24/7 money even though it was won in court after they appealed it. They are getting fined..months now..THEY TOOK THE MONEY FROM THE STOCK HOLDERS LONG AGO.....they put a sorry ass little message of how misunderstood the company was and the mean old union took their money......boo hoo.

I wish I had some good news for you but you can not deal with stupid.

Lizzy Bordon
06-20-2009, 11:48 PM
Call OSHA turn them in for violations.

Talk to electricians or homeowners of new homes being built, they have 10 days after the inspection card is received to get the power connected.

Have people push to get the power connected, if they bill for line extensions it wont get billed, FE looses more money, material does not get logged. Forget taking pictures.......one of our bosses took pictures of a car pole he screwed up real bad.......thought he did a good job at a temporary fix, 10 months later we get a ticket from an irate customer over unsafe pole, tied to a tree & 3phs about 11' off the ground, odd enough on a main road, he was all proud of himself and had pictures of the car that hit it..........dah .........heres your sign. Meters never got registered for months, years, customers can fight it.

Loose the paper work when you go back, they have no clue, the bosses who went there to work really do not care if things get done right, they got screwed too, trust me they will be forgetting paper work.

linedog50
06-21-2009, 04:53 AM
FE offered Local 270 three yr extension of contract.Give back 5% of wages for 6 months,wages to be restored 1/1/2010.Get 9.5% raise over three yrs starting 5/2011,early buy out,increase shift premiums,increase meal allowance,increase safety allowance and Fr clothing,Union says passage of extension WILL greatly reduce chance of layoffs within Local 270.Hope there right! But its still FE were dealing with,if there lips are moving there lying!!

brokenxarm
06-21-2009, 07:09 AM
Linedog, After FE received this notice, the Union got a call. A meeting is set for 6/25. This is solidarity in action!! I see Uncle Tony still has his plane. Personnally, I'd trust a snake before I'd trust FE.

http://www.ibew459.org/list_article.php?id=79

ClimbingFool
06-21-2009, 08:07 AM
Just remember we are fighting Goliath! The book of Samuel tells us that David eventually brought down Goliath and thats what we will do sticking together in solidarity! We are all fighting the good fight with these greedy Fifos at FE! Corporate Greed has no place in todays economic hard times and uncle Tony must be joking if he thinks were playing into his tears! Dig your slingshot out of the closet and grab your stones because we are all playing the role of David!

Recurve62
06-21-2009, 10:12 AM
Wished all the SCABBIES a " Happy Fathers Days" this morning, don't think they appreciated it very much though, not much humor in that bunch. Maybe it was my approach, people sometimes misread my meaning HAHAHA!!!! Anyhow, hopefully the mediation will do some good but I will not hold my breath, you can still sense the disdain and arrogance when you see these heartless bastards coming and going.
Floating the idea of charges with the IO against any of the company scabs who may have kept their tickets up to date, i.e. "A" ticket members, and are working now, any thoughts? :mad:

jerseyslave
06-21-2009, 10:37 AM
I think that the i/o would support charges against anyone who crosses the picket line. The scabs from miss. wouldnt be union anyway. When we were on strike, the only union people who scabbed us were the laborers. I know the managment people there are now feeling the affect of working the strike. But f#&k em.

Is local 270 penn power? I could see people going for the contract terms that linedog stated. Money is one thing but when you get to lifestyle changes like being on call and shift staffing, its a real problem and worth fighting over. For 5 years or so we have had phone coverage and alternate shifts and its a real problem for people to have a normal life. Especially when they gut the workforce to bare bones staffing.

In the big picture I wonder how desperate the company is with the contract extensions and cut backs and layoffs. The last contract extension I had was with GPU, right before fe took over. It was like the company wanted to freeze everything so they could work out the details to sell us. First energy is doing the same thing system wide with all the locals and I think trying to get a contract with met ed. All the extensions have short term money give backs. So they can hoard up cash short term and prop up the stock. Imagine tony today at home trying to figure out how to make a company that owes more than it is worth look good to investors, an, then cry poverty to the workers, and somehow appear not to be lying thru his teeth. Sounds like an enron defense.

So tony, why not man up and settle the contracts and sell us to a real utility!

What a fathers day present it would be...

electriklady
06-21-2009, 01:55 PM
"So tony, why not man up and settle the contracts and sell us to a real utility..."

I dont think uncle tony can "man up".....I am pretty sure snakes dont have that ability. :p

electriklady
06-24-2009, 06:00 PM
:confused: Any word...Local 777? Did you guys get an offer? What did the scumbags offer you? Tomorrow is 459's turn.......Management here seems to be getting a little weary, and they havent even gotten any storms yet.........Their moral is going down the tube....Looks like all they are doing is driving around for 12 hours a day, doing as little as possible, and taking FE's money.......I guess it is hard to be loyal to someone you know is going to stick it to you even further once the union workers come back.:p

Avid
06-24-2009, 09:55 PM
Nothing yet for 777

We didn't hear anything yesterday or today. Nothing on the web either

Lizzy Bordon
06-24-2009, 11:56 PM
Gee does that surprise you.....no news on the contract??? Few nice weather days ahead......lay the ducks out in a row, idle, save on more health care, payroll and whittle away at the moral of the union. I really hate to mention it but I really think now would be a good time to step up to the plate.............support your union brothers on the line.............grow a set of balls and realize you are going to choke on the bread crumbs so get your a$$ on the line where it should have been a few weeks ago.......solidarity..........do the right thing. How do you really expect to bring down a giant when you have more than half of the union waiting it out thinking about themselves and not the other members involved. Does anyone really want to be remembered as the person who stood by and watched their friends take a bullet and then say "I am sorry but I did not see a thing".....again!!! :mad:

Now let's up the antie............hmmmm.......met ed gets a little morsel to jump up and down over and say look we made progress..........do you screw your brothers on the line...........or push FE in the hole that Penelec has conveniently dug for you already.......just a little push!! You can do it, don't turn your back on the 2ND best opportunity you have to come out smelling like a rose for giving FE a kick in the balls they do not have.

Do the math its simple...........gee two very large territories in Pa. on strike at the same time....hardly any management people left, none that want to be there, most do not know their job to start with, kind of a disaster in the making. God has to have a heart, if not mother nature will kick their stupid a$$ to the curb with a storm. Last but not least maybe Tony NO BALLS will have no more lies or cover ups for the public and he can finally get a good old fashion blanket party......send him to NJ.....I know they will have a blanket and a cooler to set him off to happy sailing in the ocean with the other missing people who fell over board.....bon voyage dick head.

brokenxarm
06-25-2009, 05:27 AM
Must be there's no one from 777 that can clear the air about their contract talks. Mills hasn't posted anything on the website since 6/18. This is what drives the rank and file to question our leadership. Correct communication is key these days with all the inuendos flying around. To much silence is not golden.

jrwhd68
06-25-2009, 09:16 AM
777 must have something to vote on. no details on the web just talks about meetings to be held. if anyone has details I would like to hear. because i'm sure Tonys going to send his puppets to us with the same CRAP!!!!

jerseyslave
06-25-2009, 10:23 AM
anyone who thinks that penelec is the only one who will get a crap contract is wrong. every union with a contract with this shitty company will get the same crap contract eventually. Most of what met ed is looking at for there contract is already in place in nj. Met ed benefited last contract on the back of our strike and now seems to be riding penelecs strike.

To face this company and win we really need to be able to act together. Or just hope that the next enron (fe), finally falls apart and we get bought by a real utility.

jrwhd68
06-25-2009, 11:00 AM
I wasn't trying to say the other contracts weren't crap. Just trying to see what the next round of crap is going to be coming our way. Our group is in negotiations today, just trying to get a earlier look at what might be coming our way.

climbing high
06-25-2009, 11:16 AM
Gee does that surprise you.....no news on the contract??? Few nice weather days ahead......lay the ducks out in a row, idle, save on more health care, payroll and whittle away at the moral of the union. I really hate to mention it but I really think now would be a good time to step up to the plate.............support your union brothers on the line.............grow a set of balls and realize you are going to choke on the bread crumbs so get your a$$ on the line where it should have been a few weeks ago.......solidarity..........do the right thing. How do you really expect to bring down a giant when you have more than half of the union waiting it out thinking about themselves and not the other members involved. Does anyone really want to be remembered as the person who stood by and watched their friends take a bullet and then say "I am sorry but I did not see a thing".....again!!! :mad:

Now let's up the antie............hmmmm.......met ed gets a little morsel to jump up and down over and say look we made progress..........do you screw your brothers on the line...........or push FE in the hole that Penelec has conveniently dug for you already.......just a little push!! You can do it, don't turn your back on the 2ND best opportunity you have to come out smelling like a rose for giving FE a kick in the balls they do not have.

Do the math its simple...........gee two very large territories in Pa. on strike at the same time....hardly any management people left, none that want to be there, most do not know their job to start with, kind of a disaster in the making. God has to have a heart, if not mother nature will kick their stupid a$$ to the curb with a storm. Last but not least maybe Tony NO BALLS will have no more lies or cover ups for the public and he can finally get a good old fashion blanket party......send him to NJ.....I know they will have a blanket and a cooler to set him off to happy sailing in the ocean with the other missing people who fell over board.....bon voyage dick head.
:cool: ijust hope he takes napier and wyman with him! these 2 seem to be his clonrs!!!!!!

jrwhd68
06-25-2009, 11:26 AM
and there in lyies are two problems napier & wymen they come up with this garbage to impress captain tony so they can say look what we can ram into these guys now can i have a promotion. and this is how it works at FE (hose thy workers before they hoses you) sad!

jerseyslave
06-25-2009, 02:24 PM
posted on the 777 site

FirstEnergy Labor Negotiations for Tuesday, June 23rd and Wednesday, June 24th.

Today was day 28 of Negotiations.

Currently we are working on the settlement offer of the contract package.

We will be holding meetings with each unit for an explaination of this package.

The schedule of meeting dates and times will be posted here, once we have confirmed that information with the halls where your monthly union meeting is held.

Larry Mills
Business Manager

brokenxarm
06-25-2009, 04:24 PM
Jerseryslave, What the hell kind of verbage is that which Mills used.....working on the settlement?? Don't they either vote yes or strike?? I think the membership at 777 is capable of figuring out what is being offered? And I can't believe it's any better than what was offered to the other unions. Now it's SHOWTIME!! 26+ days of talks......either grow some cajahones or swallow long and hard.

electriklady
06-25-2009, 04:25 PM
I have heard rumors on 777's offer, 3%(or more) depending on classification for linemen but less than 2% for meter readers, with a 1 year contract.....no 24/7.....no last meal......I think I might have a hard time looking the meter readers in the eyes every morning if that is true. Can anyone verify?:mad:

jrwhd68
06-25-2009, 05:35 PM
I looked at 777 website i was looking for if anyone knew what was proposed.

Just got off the picket line were the mastec boys act pretty tough with video camera running like to see them run there mouths without one filming.

I also agree how can you give certain people a raise and not other what a slap in the face (if thats true) and i hope it isn't because thats just the company trying to seperate the union membership.

Recurve62
06-25-2009, 07:52 PM
Of course they are trying to separate the members, they live by "devide and conquer". Any of the locals who accept a one year deal are just prolonging the inevitable. Give these weasels a whole year to cook the books and then you will see what crying poor mouth is all about. We have to go after them now, with all the locals bound together with a common purpose. Spread the mgt people so thin they cannot help but break. Jim "BAM BAM" Napier says he was a lineman, get his a$$ out there and put him to work, see if he could make it where it really happens. foot note, Wyman has no soul.

jrwhd68
06-25-2009, 07:57 PM
amen brother if 777 doesn't walk and takes a 1 yr deal lots of luck next year and don't cry about it (if thats what was offered still just rumors)

Recurve62
06-25-2009, 08:06 PM
We'll see what they offer them, but I think this company is masterful at giving just enough of a treat the make the doggie jump through the hoop. Keep the chins up, the pressure on and DO NOT CAVE. We haven't fought since '80, fight hard now!!!!

jerseyslave
06-25-2009, 09:41 PM
I think the settlement is like a agreement for the workers to return to a contract. Mills also has to figure out how to sell this to membership. It not over yet. If the membership doesnt go for it, I am sure the company has some draconian response set up. More than likely they have said that if the vote does not go thru, a lockout will result. That is there style.

johnny cash
06-25-2009, 11:10 PM
come on 777 join us and "walk the line". If all goes well maybe Penn Power and 272 will join soon as well. On a happy note have you seen all of the outages in Ohio right now? It's pretty insane there. I wonder if the company will tell the media it was all due to "vandalism".

Lizzy Bordon
06-26-2009, 12:35 AM
Bitter, bitter, bitter and more bitter....see its working.

I would not count on local 777, if they did not go now they never will, they had a strike vote weeks ago, basically they have been neutered they just do not want to admit it. Its like an abuse case, oh please, I will be subservient, give me something good, its ok my brothers and sisters will forgive me, I was the poor little abused local. 777 no matter how you look at it you just don't know if your coming or going, they picked a good number for you. There was a better one though how about 69.

Better make a move your fan base is growing. If you accept crumbs now I think you will loose what little respect you have left.

I remember waiting and waiting and WAITING for local 777 to make a move in our favor for solidarity and got ZIP.

Recurve62
06-26-2009, 09:39 AM
Have seen or heard nothing on our talks (459) from yesterday. Anybody heard?

jrwhd68
06-26-2009, 09:54 AM
got word from a reiable source negotiations not going well at all.

electriklady
06-26-2009, 10:35 AM
:D First Enemies outage map looks like it had been decorated with christmas lights....not huge outages, but lots of them............time to dust off the tools Jim, Scott oh and how could i forget Craig....oh yeah Wyman was an engineer....I guess his tools would be pencils....just how do you go from being an engineer and in a few short years rise to his position of "little Castro?" hmmmmm, I wonder? Someone who is now in management once told me the way to get promoted in this company is to "suck at the job you do, and you will be promoted" With that I am proud to say, I think I will be a "lowly working slug" till I retire....lol;)

woodwalker4life
06-26-2009, 11:45 AM

ive delt with chain here in texas and yes there a real crappy outfit. theyve been run off more propertys then i can count.

jrwhd68
06-26-2009, 12:37 PM
If their as crappy as you say thats great.

Sad part is fe management are just as crappy their a match made in heaven?

climbing high
06-26-2009, 01:07 PM
:D First Enemies outage map looks like it had been decorated with christmas lights....not huge outages, but lots of them............time to dust off the tools Jim, Scott oh and how could i forget Craig....oh yeah Wyman was an engineer....I guess his tools would be pencils....just how do you go from being an engineer and in a few short years rise to his position of "little Castro?" hmmmmm, I wonder? Someone who is now in management once told me the way to get promoted in this company is to "suck at the job you do, and you will be promoted" With that I am proud to say, I think I will be a "lowly working slug" till I retire....lol;)

sorry but I would hate to have jimblow"s hair messed up having to wear a hardhat. scotty boy would have to follow him around with a comb!!!!!!!:cool:

Andrew Jackson Borden
06-26-2009, 02:03 PM
Bitter, bitter, bitter and more bitter....see its working.

I would not count on local 777, if they did not go now they never will, they had a strike vote weeks ago, basically they have been neutered they just do not want to admit it. Its like an abuse case, oh please, I will be subservient, give me something good, its ok my brothers and sisters will forgive me, I was the poor little abused local. 777 no matter how you look at it you just don't know if your coming or going, they picked a good number for you. There was a better one though how about 69.

Better make a move your fan base is growing. If you accept crumbs now I think you will loose what little respect you have left.

I remember waiting and waiting and WAITING for local 777 to make a move in our favor for solidarity and got ZIP.

Reply to post

I think is safe to say, “I would not count on” what a psychopath with an axe says as fact.

Lizzie, such a different child growing up, I see you are still listening to the wrong voices in your head again.

You have been told before on here that Local 777 could not strike with JPCL and that we did not extend the contract in 2005, but you continue to bash away.

Fact:
JCPL ENDED their strike on March 16, 2005
http://www.ibew.com/articles/05daily/0503/050318_jcplstrike.htm

Fact:
MetEd Local 777 current contract at the time did not expire until April 30, 2005 (46 days AFTER JCPL returned to work) – Last I checked, you can not strike over a NEW contract negotiation dispute while binded by the terms of an EXISTING contract

Fact:
MetEd Local 777 did not EXTEND but signed a NEW contract (note NEW not EXTENDED contract) on May 5th, 2005 (51 days AFTER JCPL returned to work, also 6 days after the end of our previous contract)
http://www.ibew.org/articles/05journal/0509/Locallines673.915.htm#777

and you can also see that FACT in the text on page 10 of our current contract.
http://www.ibew777.com/companies.htm

Sighs... Lizzie…. We should have had that pseudologia fantastica treated for you as a child…. Then I would be able to rest in the afterlife instead of protecting the living from you crazy rumor monger rants….. Shall I continue??

Now go to your room you are giving me a splitting headache.

Daddy

Andrew Jackson Borden
06-26-2009, 03:13 PM
Can the members of 459 go to other First Energy properties and strike like in Met Ed or JCP&L territory?

Then all those union workers would not be able to cross the picket line. It might show FE that the unions are working together and put some power back in our hands. Even if it does break some stupid anti-union clause in the contract. We are not allowed to cross picket lines. In our district, FE breaks the contract all the time and then just makes us grieve it and most of the time nothing gets done at least not in a timely manner.

Well, it's just a thought, that would send a powerful message to the corporate scum...

There are laws about picketing that must be followed:
One operating company picketing on another's property might violate these laws based on how the organizations are legally established. It might fall under Secondary Boycotts which are ILLEGAL.

http://www.laborunionresources.org/HOWTOFORMALABORUNION.html

JCP&L tried to organize a strike in front of Met Ed to get support while we were out, we were not allowed, some bogus excuse given by 777, one was it would hurt our fellow employees because they may get docked hours or disciplined....what the f..., we honored them and did not picket Pa. I know the guys in JCP&L :Dwould applaud a picket line from Met Ed and look forward to a day off and not be concerned about a few dollars:mad: to make a point.....

Lizzie,

My sweet, demented little girl.... I do not know what you or you Union leadership was told in 2005 but I remember our PAST leadership telling us about this idea and forget the exact reasoning they told us. However, I do know it was something similar to what I posted above with rules and regulations.

I would also like to remind those who find your posts entertaining (oh and I do as well when you are factual) the leadership negotiating the 2009 contract is not the leadership that we had in 2005. Just like with the leader of a country, the philosophies, motives, and tactics are different depending on who is at the helm.

Now, now sweetie put down the axe and pick up a book and get some "schooling".

Love,
Daddy

brokenxarm
06-26-2009, 03:17 PM
Perhaps Lizzy is a bit "touched".......however, here's just one fact you fail to realize. Local 459 voted in a 3 year contract last time instead of a 5 year contract just be inline with 777 when their present contract expired. What has happened....777's contract expired and they have let FE string them along for what, 28 negotiating sessions? Just who the hell should have a splitting headache?????? 459 doesn't take bull sh*t from anyone! We've went the distance alone before and we can do it again. Next time if we elect to line up with a union or two, it will be with ones that HAVE BALLS!!!! That's right Jersey, I'm talkin' 'bout youse guys.

jerseyslave
06-26-2009, 03:26 PM
Thanks for posting daddy, dont know who you are but the sarcasm is thick. There may be some hostility for 777 but I would guess that I would hope my local would do the best for me that it could. But your answer to lizzie is interesting. Not leaving any room for brotherhood in your post. So if you are managment, screw you. If your union, I hope we can find common ground, but if you just want to justify the "i got mine" that seems to be going on, dont expect any support.

NWPATroubleman
06-26-2009, 03:30 PM
hey im a little upset that 777 is pussing out on the strike, i voted to strike with anticipation that 777 would stand shoulder to shoulder with us in a time like this. come to nwpa and work a storm with us and u might see a lot of guys turning there backs to ya!!!

LOCAL 459 the only local that has any balls and you call your selves tough guys!!! should of been inside electricians

electriklady
06-26-2009, 03:31 PM
God, what a beautiful day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!It is thundering and lightning, and we have severe thunderstorm warnings till 7 pm for quarter sized hail, winds up to 70 miles per hour, dangerous lightning....yahooooooo. I have been doing that thunderstorm dance for weeks now, and was beginning to wonder if I was doing it wrong....all right all you weather gods up there......bring it on...........we are all enjoying the view from our living room......gotta go check the outage map,,,,,last time i looked it was looking like a ping pong game lighting up the screen :D:);):rolleyes:

Andrew Jackson Borden
06-26-2009, 04:20 PM
Thanks for posting daddy, dont know who you are but the sarcasm is thick. There may be some hostility for 777 but I would guess that I would hope my local would do the best for me that it could. But your answer to lizzie is interesting. Not leaving any room for brotherhood in your post. So if you are managment, screw you. If your union, I hope we can find common ground, but if you just want to justify the "i got mine" that seems to be going on, dont expect any support.

Jerseyslave,

My unity with the Brotherhood is there 100%, no matter the Local. As for Lizzie, her posts make it quite clear hers is not there for Local 777, whatever the reason may be. Therefore, my sarcasm is directly at her, I do not appreciated the slams SHE has made on our union membership as a whole, especially when the information is not accurate. IBEW FIRST LETTER STANDS FOR INTERNATIONAL NOT "I"

Posts have nothing to do with Local 777 getting there's. But you, yourself stated earlier in a post,

When we were on strike in New jersey, we had hoped that Penelec and Met ed would join us, but the locals will do (must do really) what is best for the membership.

1259 went on strike before our contract was up.
459 went on strike when we did not even have a strike vote yet.

I do not know what is being said from your leadership, or even between the leaderships of our unions, all I know is that it seems like Local 777 is getting ripped on this board based on inaccurate information.

I will not comment on the details disclosed to us about the contact, since what is discussed in out meetings is confidential. Questions like that should be going to Larry Mills.

In closing keep this in mind, there are a lot of rumors being released by the company personal (was going on today with one of them) so before you try to run Local 777 down on this board, people need to get the facts straight.

Thank You.

johnny cash
06-26-2009, 04:53 PM
Dear 777,
The folks in 459 don't enjoy this time off without pay but we are doing what we feel is right and have the courage to stand behind our convictions. The fact that 777 leadership hasn't taken a strike vote (after 28 days of negotiations) in order to strengthen their bargaining power and join their 459 brothers leads me, and probably the company negotiators, to believe that they feel that they can't get one. You have an excuse for not standing behind NJ in '05 will there be another one in '09?
If you've been given a good offer go ahead and sign it and I don't think anyone would be upset, but if it sucks take a strike vote. Sitting on the fence isn't getting you any love from your brothers.

woodwalker4life
06-26-2009, 04:55 PM
If their as crappy as you say thats great.

Sad part is fe management are just as crappy their a match made in heaven?

they got run off of entergys property and all they were doing was hanging transformers and runing services

electriklady
06-26-2009, 05:02 PM
Jerseyslave,

My unity with the Brotherhood is there 100%, no matter the Local. As for Lizzie, her posts make it quite clear hers is not there for Local 777, whatever the reason may be. Therefore, my sarcasm is directly at her, I do not appreciated the slams SHE has made on our union membership as a whole, especially when the information is not accurate. IBEW FIRST LETTER STANDS FOR INTERNATIONAL NOT "I"

Posts have nothing to do with Local 777 getting there's. But you, yourself stated earlier in a post,

1259 went on strike before our contract was up.
459 went on strike when we did not even have a strike vote yet.

I do not know what is being said from your leadership, or even between the leaderships of our unions, all I know is that it seems like Local 777 is getting ripped on this board based on inaccurate information.

I will not comment on the details disclosed to us about the contact, since what is discussed in out meetings is confidential. Questions like that should be going to Larry Mills.

In closing keep this in mind, there are a lot of rumors being released by the company personal (was going on today with one of them) so before you try to run Local 777 down on this board, people need to get the facts straight.

Thank You.

All of this stuff on 777 and Jersey is now history....what we need to be concerned about is TODAY! I am SURE that Worst Energy has people reading these posts(I would hate to think I am wasting all my venom about them if they arent reading the site) and their bottom line has always been
"Divide and Conquer" so that is exactly what we must not let them do, do not let them divide linemen, EE, stores, field testers, or meter readers, do not let them divide Erie from Preston Park, Clearfield from Mansfield, Tunkhannock from Johnstown, etc., and most of all let them not divide locals. Today is today, Local 459 is on strike, We hated how we were being treated, like I am sure many people who work for Worst Energy do(including management), and we decided to "put our money where our mouth is." So, here is a courteous invitation to 777, come on out brothers and sisters, the water is fine. We are here and we arent going any where,
we would love to have you....Again what happened in the past is history, so let us move on from today, and bury the hatchet.......right in FE's head.:cool:

jrwhd68
06-26-2009, 05:32 PM
Couldn't have said it better myself ELECTRIKLADY!

Lizzy Bordon
06-26-2009, 06:05 PM
Dear Daddy Borden,

Your dead remember and you have no voice. No one can make you look bad except yourself. Strength comes in numbers. We were on strike you elected to extend your negotiations.........just like now. Re arrange the words anyway you want. Explain then, why JCP&L was a little frosty when your local wanted to talk about our negotiations. Yes, we got a pretty decent deal considering the bad economy in November of 2008. I hope the heck 459 gets the same if not better........777 good luck negotiating alone. You had your strike vote long ago.....YOU ALSO GOT PAID YOUR 24/7 GRIEVANCE MONEY (LINEMAN ANYWAY NO ONE ELSE) JCP&L NEVER GOT PAID.........ARE YOU SLEEPING WITH THE ENEMY???:mad: Question is why didn't you stick up for your own brothers and sister of your own local 777 meter readers, clerks, distribution designers and relay ect. Just the lineman got paid...........sounds f&*king fair to you again I bet. Answer that one mouthy So what is your answer to your brothers and sisters not getting their money.....did you offer to split yours with them?

My favorite color is red Daddy dearest for solidarity..........I heard yours is Yellow check your back you might find the shade there. Local 777 has a ton of great people and deserve respect, some would fight and more are scared. Can not blame them, we were all scared. I think your local is a little chicken, they talk the talk but will not walk. I am not the only one questioning your manhood. A bunch of your fighters in local 777 came from JCP&L with the balls to back up their actions and fellow members. No one can ever afford a strike.

We will back all our union brothers and sisters but it sucks when you know our children (many) picketed in the freezing cold when you were snug and warm.

Electric lady I am so happy you guys are getting your storm. Just looked at the outage page and wonder if its coincidental that Penelec show few outages. They slink so low they probably are hiding the true figures from the union.

Keep up the good work 459

Now Daddy go sit in a corner with your Uncle Tony.

P.S. Please do not spoil a good name if its not in your blood. I heard Ole Yeller is still available as a name.

electriklady
06-26-2009, 06:10 PM
I didnt mean to slight any department...I forgot to add the collectors into the list of departments and also the comtechs and mechanics......sorry guys...forgive me pleaseeeee, my brain must be on strike too..:D

Lizzy Bordon
06-26-2009, 06:31 PM
I do not think anyone thought that at all. Hope the storm keeps up for you guys.

Boy, did I STRIKE a nerve or what. Guess the big deal did not come through for 777 as hoped. I did not think there was anyone left who trusted First Energy but I could be wrong.:D

There is certain pride you will always carry with you knowing that you are doing your best. We may not have won all the wars but WE can hold are heads high knowing WE did the best WE could against a company run by a bunch of village idiots. They gave JCP&L a half decent contract because they knew the members all stick together and bonded even more from the last strike. You will have the pride, war stories, memories not always fun ones but you can hold your head up high and hear the applauds from as far down as the Jersey Shore wishing you the best of luck. They even threatened our members that they were going to fire everyone and hire new people just to put fear in the membership.....did not work. I am sure they read the posts and they are getting what they want long before your strike the threaded the needle. Trust me this move they are pulling right now was all carefully thought out.

I remember a bunch of people from other locals telling me we should have stayed out longer, I voted no and would have stayed out longer even though it was financially killing me. They were actually mad because they pretty much had to accept what we got. Go figure.

Recurve62
06-26-2009, 06:46 PM
Got some info on 459 negotiations as of yesterday 6/25. Rumor of 3 yrs, crappy money (1%, 1.5%, 2%) and still cannot get that damned 24/7 out of there. I for one will not vote to accept that language!!!! ( unless of course BAM-BAM and Scotty work the same hours on the same schedule as me) HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HANG THOUGH FIGHT ON

fastgta
06-26-2009, 08:56 PM
I'm a proud member of 777 and have been following these posts for a while now. I've been a union brother for only 8˝ years. I've seen good things in the union and I've seen ALOT of bad that I won't comment on. Overall I feel the union is a good thing and we have awesome management in place now. In this case however I see the company is winning. They are dividing and conquering us. It's evident in all the hostility I'm reading in this forum directed at the 777 and it's sad. As far as us going on strike. I for one can't afford it and I'm sure there's alot of members within 459 can't afford it either as well as the other FE unions out there. It's never an easy decision and I totally respect you and stand behind you and your fight. Does that mean I have to vote to strike because you did? Last I heard, this is a free country and I have the right to vote the way I want IF we have a strike vote which we haven't as of yet. I also have a wife and 2 small children to think about and I know I'm not alone. What's good for one person isn't necessarily good for another and people should RESPECT that decision no matter how you may feel about it, you may not know ALL THE DETAILS. Obviously some people do not and choose to resort to bashing the 777. That's your choice. Do I think it's right? No, but it's a free country and if that's how you're releasing your anger against FE, maybe point it in another direction because it's not doing any good. I personally don't know the truth about what happened in our closed door negotiations or anyone elses. Do you know all the intimate details? Do I like FE? NO. My job sucks, period. But I'm stuck here....at least for now. I truly wish the 459 and all the other FE union brothers and sisters good luck in your fight, just make sure you're fighting the right people.

electriklady
06-26-2009, 09:41 PM
Fast, I agree with a lot of what you said.....but there is one thing I think should be clarified about 459 being on strike.....Most of my co-workers who voted to strike could not afford(monetarily) to strike.....I myself am one of those people......We did not have a stockpile of money saved, nor did we win the lottery......but if you look at the big picture....we could not afford not to strike.........You say you have young children, as do many of our members, so I am assuming you are fairly young.....If you dont say no to the things they want to take away from you(including the respect you deserve as a worker in a dangerous occupation) what will you have left when you reach my age? I myself voted no with the young employees at FE's future on my mind, we fight for youth and the youth after us takes on the fight for their children. This is not an isolated illness in this country, it is a pandemic. The working man works harder and harder, and the white shirts reap all the benefits, and at the same time blame anything that goes wrong on the employees doing the dirty work. It is time to stop this, not just at FE, but all across this country. If you talk to the older generation(even older than me) they will tell you "we do not know the meaning of suffering for a cause" and if you read your history I think we can all agree that is true. I am not telling you how to vote, I am telling you there is a lot more at stake here than most people think about, many people "cannot see the forest for the trees." It is a hardship, but we will endure, because we see the forest and are ready to chop down the trees that are in the way, the path will be cleared for any who care to follow.:)

In Solidarity

fastgta
06-26-2009, 09:58 PM
I understand and agree with what you're saying. If/when the time ever comes for us to strike, I will walk proudly with my brothers/sisters. My dad worked for Met=Ed for 37 years and I've heard all the stories of how it was and how it is now. I remember as a child going to picnics, Easter Egg Hunts and Christmas parties that the company helped pay for or paid for in full. This is all gone now. This company makes it clear that they do not care for their employees, only their wallets. Bet that's one thing we all can agree on. I've see on the yahoo financial page how much money Tony and the other managers make in a single stock transaction on one day. It's sickening.....how can they sleep at night !!!

Like I said, we should all be focusing on the company, not one another.

Lizzy Bordon
06-26-2009, 11:03 PM
No one could afford the strike. I am still paying on bills I never caught up on especially gas for strike. One of our employees lost his house. The union had some money donated by outside people who knew a lot of the members were hurting. People who were in really bad shape got money from the union. I could not pay my health care so I had none while on strike. I pulled my child out of sports to avoid injury. Christmas was an eye opener. Hello First Energy does not care about me, my child, my friends, all my uncles who retired from the real power company. My uncles all had around 40 years each. JCP&L bought Christmas trees for families who could not afford them. Lineman went home for dinner while covering their shift. Management and union worked side by side and communicated. More work got done. Now there is a reason not to do the work.

I guess if you stood side by side with someone who was fired by First Energy because his son had cancer and just started treatment for missing a call out for a CPA, the line foreman told him he could have off to be with his son. The ass wipe from FE called his home and fired him when he refused to come in. His son later died..........the company did not care...........not even a little...............now how bad do we want to get rid of First Energy. He was fired.........no health care for your child with cancer. The nice foreman, an original JCP&L management person would not fire him, he paid dearly for not submitting to being an ass when an employee was where he should have been home with his child. This is a guy who never missed overtime until his child got sick.

I sat in a meeting where they told us our family does not matter. When we got taken over, First Energy now became our family and came first. JCP&L employees told them DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT TELLING US OUR FAMILY DOES NOT COUNT. First Energy can go down the sewer pipes. Hopefully a better company will buy them out.

Did you ever see Tony Alexander or his relatives ever show their face in a line shop.........nope......chick chick chicken.

Why can't the members realize that unless you join forces no one will win but FE. Strike sucked no one wins but we had too much to loose. If we went belly up just imagine what would have happened to everyone else. We cared.

I saw the pain the company caused. Money is not worth what First Energy did to our company.

P.S......if your members of Utilities Employees credit union they will let you pay interest only on your loans, visa. You have to ask they do not offer the information to you.

NWPATroubleman
06-27-2009, 12:10 AM
attention local 777 you pukes are something else, no one in local 459 wanted to go on strike but we did with anticipation our brothers ans sisters of the other locals had it in them to fight with us, but it seems that you are so selfish that all you are looking out for is your self.
GOOD LUCK
hope i dont run into you in storm work in nwpa becouse i will turn my back on ya and just think of my self!!!

you should of been inside electricians they have no balls!!!!

johnny cash
06-27-2009, 12:37 AM
Dear fastgta please don't hide behind the "it's a free country" crap. It is a free country because men and women who weren't ready to die and may have had a spouse with 2 or more children at home did their duty. This strike that 93% of 459 voted for wasn't an easy decision to come to and is very painful financially for all of us but we did it anyway because it was the right thing to do. Stop hiding behind your wife's skirt and step up or keep quiet and stop whining about being picked on for your lack of action.

fastgta
06-27-2009, 06:05 AM
Again....anger pointed the wrong direction. The company has definately divided some of us, too bad.

johnny cash
06-27-2009, 10:20 AM
I'm not angry at 777 and I hope that you do get a great deal. But I am not going to sit quietly and listen to you make excuses as to why you may not go on strike. As far as I know none of us in 459 are independently wealthy and making an easy go of this strike. The company is responsible for a lot of the hostility because of the lopsided deals that they offer the various groups but they can't be blamed for our lack of action when it comes to standing together. You and I will have to own those decisions. When this is all done I can tell you that I would proudly wear a 459 shirt into your union hall. Will you be able to say the same? I hope so.

Orgnizdlbr
06-27-2009, 11:23 AM
Been there, done that, and I know what you're going through. Was out 98 days at JCP&L. Talk at that time was 245 from Toledo would walk at same time. Didnt materialize, thats ok, when you go out you know you're on your own. You guys at 459 did the right thing, hold your heads up and be proud..... we here in Jersey are Proud of you!!!!!!

chain-hoist
06-27-2009, 12:25 PM
i'm new here, and also a member of 459 [ proud member], we have these
scum bag, a-holes from the south called mas tec on our property, seems they
don't like the on site picketing we've been doing, so they have started to play
games while we are following them to the sites. I here they want to become
members, I hope this particular bunch doesn't, they sure don't show just cause
for being a member. also FE has issued a press release to our local paper
stating that penelec workers have not approved contract extensions that seven
of its local unions have. says the unions include some penelec workers but
not us. that takes care of uwua 180, but who are the other 6 unions?
is this a lie or is 459 being hosed

johnny cash
06-27-2009, 12:41 PM
its not a lie. check this link out.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Seven-Union-Locals-Extend-prnews-330243558.html?x=0&.v=1

Orgnizdlbr
06-27-2009, 01:02 PM
i'm new here, and also a member of 459 [ proud member], we have these
scum bag, a-holes from the south called mas tec on our property, seems they
don't like the on site picketing we've been doing, so they have started to play
games while we are following them to the sites. I here they want to become
members, I hope this particular bunch doesn't, they sure don't show just cause
for being a member. also FE has issued a press release to our local paper
stating that penelec workers have not approved contract extensions that seven
of its local unions have. says the unions include some penelec workers but
not us. that takes care of uwua 180, but who are the other 6 unions?
is this a lie or is 459 being hosed

UWUA locals....no IBEW locals.....and one OPEIU local

Edge
06-27-2009, 08:54 PM
UWUA locals....no IBEW locals.....and one OPEIU local

I hope your right Labor.. I should hope no IBEW local would "step" on another one...what's 126 doing??? I was a member there years ago... prolly still one of my favorite construction locals... as I recall we had some of that territory for construction work... if this is still the case or if other IBEW construction locals are in the territory I hope they are standing behind you guys (I could only assume that they would else they would be the worst type of scab a brother walking on another brother" )... as far as Mastec is concerned they are a shitty outfit with ill trained personnel and maybe only 1 outa 10 could be called American let alone Lineman...

hold true and stand tall...

In Solidarity,

Bill

toggle
06-28-2009, 06:52 AM
hey 459 keep up the good work the storms and the heat are comeing were gonna take up collections for you i heard they were trying to get some help from friday nights storm

chain-hoist
06-28-2009, 08:18 AM
I have a question, why would any one that has a contract, agree to this extension that takes 5% of there wages from them? I think uwua 180 had 2
yrs. left with a 3% raise each year. Sounds like altoona doesn't give a rats
ass about the rest of penelec workers [459]

tolex42
06-28-2009, 10:03 AM
I hope your right Labor.. I should hope no IBEW local would "step" on another one...what's 126 doing??? I was a member there years ago... prolly still one of my favorite construction locals... as I recall we had some of that territory for construction work... if this is still the case or if other IBEW construction locals are in the territory I hope they are standing behind you guys (I could only assume that they would else they would be the worst type of scab a brother walking on another brother" )... as far as Mastec is concerned they are a shitty outfit with ill trained personnel and maybe only 1 outa 10 could be called American let alone Lineman...

In Solidarity,

Bill

L.U. 126 WILL NOT WORK on Penelec property while you are on strike. We will always support our IBEW brothers. And hopefully you won't allow Mastec to work there after the strike is over.

Orgnizdlbr
06-28-2009, 11:41 AM

In Solidarity,

Bill

No worries about 126, they are a great LU.

Recurve62
06-28-2009, 04:45 PM
I know of some 126 guys who came to Penelec/FE as journeymen and are now foremen who are now working in our stead, hope they did not keep their "A" ticket up. Same with some 1319 guys:mad:

loose neutral
06-28-2009, 09:07 PM
The scabs finally got everyone back on from that piddly ass little storm we had on friday afternoon. Not bad, a 20 minute storm and 2+ days to restore everyone. I'm sure Tony A and the good ole boys will somehow make this look good to the PUC and come out of it looking like heroes. They'll probably blame it on an act of god, not on numerous acts of stupidity and not investing some of their profit into the infrastructure. I'm sure the SCABS will all be patting each other on the ass saying good job thinking they are really appreciated. Keep thinking that scabs, cause when we get back, T.A. will show you how much he appreciates all of your dedication to the company when his head hunters walk into your office and tell you to clean out your desk, NOW !!!

SLEEP WELL SCABS, SLEEP WELL,

they bought us
06-29-2009, 12:27 AM
I don't understand the mentality of people who will let a company like Worst Energy control their entire lives. Most don't understand the blood it took to organize all unions.The young members tell all the time I don't need this or that (the COMPANY already GAVE us that).Rather than playing with all the expensive toys that the company provided,maybe they should take a union history class.If this crap flies, they should remember (the COMPANY GAVE US THIS).My 35 year career is coming to an end soon and yet I voted to strike.The members before us didn't screw us.I want to leave with clear consciense that I did my best to carry on our traditions for the future members. Remember it could be child,niece or nephew who comes to work here after you! Please stick it out,it's not easy for anyone. But your future in this business depends on how you react NOW! BE WARY OF A COMPANY WITH MORE LAWYERS THAN A LAW OFFICE God bless all UNIONS!

electriklady
06-29-2009, 04:18 PM
Today on the picket line the Mississippi SCABS(chain gang) left the building, we thought to go to work, but alas we were wrong. They left the building at 8 am and we wanted to observe them working(to make sure they were working safely!!!!!) they must not like to be "observed" or they just plain don't like to work. They led us about 15 miles down the road only to pull in McDonalds where they left and pulled into Burger King, they thought they lost us till then(haha, better get up earlier if they think a bunch of Mississippi-ites are gonna lose me in my territory) They then jumped on Route 81 and drove 2 exits south to another Mcdonalds, jumped back on Rt81S down one more exit, turned around and headed north to Flying J, pulled out headed down one exit south again and pulled into another truckstop, where they must have called their boss to come "HELP". They then jumped on 81S again when their boss man arrived, and we followed them till they drove out of our territory. This was now 10 am. My question to FE is, do you know how much the "Scabs" are not doing vs what you are paying them? Do you tell them to drive around all day and do nothing if we are watching them? I know you are "broke" so it seems it would be smarter to treat us like human beings, negotiate in good faith, and pay US(local 459) 8 hours pay for EIGHT hours work? If not, oh well, it wont shock us, we've seen you in action for years now.... But then again I am not the financial business wizards that you are!!!!!!! And my question to the "Chain Gang" is, why don't you want us to "observe" you working, do you have something to hide? We intend you no harm..we just want to make sure you are working safe....FE has instilled that "Safety First" mentality in us and we just want to make sure you are following FE's safety rules. Like Uncle Jim said to us "we care about you and want to see you go home safe every night." ...well in your case "we want to see you go to the Holiday Inn safe every night." How much is that costing our "financially challenged" corporation? Sorry I got off track for a second.....Being on strike makes one ramble a bit........

climbing high
06-29-2009, 07:14 PM
i once knew a man known wyman , who just wanted to be a lineman, As he said with a grin, as he wiped off his chin, another inch and I could have tied it in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

climbing high
06-29-2009, 07:16 PM
Today on the picket line the Mississippi SCABS(chain gang) left the building, we thought to go to work, but alas we were wrong. They left the building at 8 am and we wanted to observe them working(to make sure they were working safely!!!!!) they must not like to be "observed" or they just plain don't like to work. They led us about 15 miles down the road only to pull in McDonalds where they left and pulled into Burger King, they thought they lost us till then(haha, better get up earlier if they think a bunch of Mississippi-ites are gonna lose me in my territory) They then jumped on Route 81 and drove 2 exits south to another Mcdonalds, jumped back on Rt81S down one more exit, turned around and headed north to Flying J, pulled out headed down one exit south again and pulled into another truckstop, where they must have called their boss to come "HELP". They then jumped on 81S again when their boss man arrived, and we followed them till they drove out of our territory. This was now 10 am. My question to FE is, do you know how much the "Scabs" are not doing vs what you are paying them? Do you tell them to drive around all day and do nothing if we are watching them? I know you are "broke" so it seems it would be smarter to treat us like human beings, negotiate in good faith, and pay US(local 459) 8 hours pay for EIGHT hours work? If not, oh well, it wont shock us, we've seen you in action for years now.... But then again I am not the financial business wizards that you are!!!!!!! And my question to the "Chain Gang" is, why don't you want us to "observe" you working, do you have something to hide? We intend you no harm..we just want to make sure you are working safe....FE has instilled that "Safety First" mentality in us and we just want to make sure you are following FE's safety rules. Like Uncle Jim said to us "we care about you and want to see you go home safe every night." ...well in your case "we want to see you go to the Holiday Inn safe every night." How much is that costing our "financially challenged" corporation? Sorry I got off track for a second.....Being on strike makes one ramble a bit........

can you say bernie madolf? way to say the customer money tony the phony!!!!!!!!!!!!

climbing high
06-29-2009, 07:24 PM
way to go to the three stooges tony jim and wine*ss i had to take the man out of his name.
great job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!p.s. keep your hair in place jim!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

union4life
06-29-2009, 08:25 PM
heard tale that a jersey rat got his arm broke on bilonol job. should have stayed in office.

Lizzy Bordon
06-29-2009, 09:59 PM
First Enema it is not hard to figure out how much you care about society in general. You tried to kill everyone and everything with your David Besse nuke plant leak then tried to hide it. You made you own grave and we would be happy to boot you in the ass straight into hell.

Street lights,,,,start writing down every single street light that you see out. Go to the company web site and enter the light, pole number and location. They only have I believe 10 days to fix them or the bpu and puc kills uncle tonys bone us. Start turning them in along with a few low wires, leaning poles or what ever may make life miserable.

ClimbingFool
06-29-2009, 10:03 PM
Today on the piket line we had the altimate sin performed against us! We had a Chain SCAB flip us off. We were so hurt by this that we laughed at them...oh and then got the picture of it for proud memories how we stood up to this big and bad FE! We even have the Pinkerton security guards saluting the Chain SCABS every morning as they pull in the driveway to let them know how much they appreciate the suck jobs their doing to keep their pay coming every Friday because without this they are just loser MALL COPS back at home! Boy they hate their pictures taken....maybe they are wanted or are behind on the child support?
Today we heard that a Federal mediator is being brought in to negotiations this Wednesday July 1st in Erie....Gee do ya think this will get Tony's attention?...... . ..We are behind our BA Don Hoak 100%....he has never pulled any punches with us and speaks the truth...IN SOLIDARITY DONNIE WE SALUTE YOU AND THE NEGOTIATING COMMITTEE!

climbing high
06-30-2009, 08:11 AM
hit it right on the head, great job donnie and the crew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

electriklady
06-30-2009, 01:17 PM
Here they come again.......Severe thunderstorm warnings for NE Pa, possibility of 2 inch hail, dangerous lightning, and 70 mile an hour wind gusts,
Company people were hurting yesterday, not sure they are up for a round 2.....Business-owner(only market in large rural area) just called in with part power, none of their coolers were working, FE told them they were the only people who called in so they would get to them when they could. WOW, now that is "Customer First" Of course their mentality has always been if you want reliable electric service you shouldnt live out in the "boonies." Maybe we should all move in with Uncle Tony, I am sure he has a spacious home.......or ten!!!!!! Then we could expect reliable electric service. Thank God the employees dont think like management. That would be an embarrassment. ahhhhh, the thunder gods are rumbling out there, what a beautiful sound.;)

loose neutral
07-01-2009, 12:16 PM
http://www.ibew459.org/list_article.php?id=83 This pic is a little fuzzy with how fast these idiot scabs drive through the line but you can still make out his message to us.

electriklady
07-02-2009, 05:40 PM
Over 8 hours(that we know of) for a car pole on route 29S with 5 trucks to do the work? I bet Uncle Jims bp is about to blow the top of his head off. Hey, Linedudes, I seriously think you have been working wayyyyyyy too hard!!!!! ;)

longpole
07-02-2009, 10:04 PM
I hear rumors that FE is on the auctioning block. I know GPU tried to make itself look profitable by selling off it's generation. It worked for awhile. Their stock went way up and nobody could afford to buy them, them Fred Hafer invested in a bunch of bull sh*t things that all went south. The companies stock price fell and in swooped Last Energy. FE stock has gone from $70 a share down to under $39. I think Uncle Tony's making these deals with all the UWUA locals to try and prop up the stock price and avoid a take over. Don't feel too bad for him though folks, I'm sure that scum bag has a golden parachute. If it happens he'll walk away even richer then he is now. Hopefuly the buyer will axe all the bufoons like Jim captain comb-over Napier and Scott Wy-not-a-man!!!!!!!!!!!!:):):)

NWPATroubleman
07-02-2009, 10:05 PM
has anyone heard any news on the negotations that took place yesterday?

johnny cash
07-02-2009, 10:33 PM
no significant headway if any. federal mediator was a no-show. they may talk again next week but nothing is scheduled yet.

jrwhd68
07-03-2009, 09:38 AM
Rumor has it meetings will be scheduled early next week. Mediator WILL be there.

jrwhd68
07-03-2009, 12:39 PM
I stand corrected after checking 459 website no meeting are schld.

electriklady
07-05-2009, 12:56 PM
From what I read on here, I need to expand my slogan of F.U.F.E. to F.U.F.E ,C.M.P.,F.P.L. I see(as I assumed all along) that corporate greed and corruption is not limited to the state of Pennsylvania.......As a member of Local 459, am sending my support and encouragement to the employees of CMP and FPL. It sounds as if all these companies went to the same school as to how to "treat the employees that are making the money for the company" I think they need some more "schoolin....." It is time we become the "teachers":cool:

wudwoker51
07-05-2009, 01:32 PM
:mad:Oh, Little Scab with your finger gesture to the Brothers and Sisters on the picket line. Bring your bunch of low life bottom feeding scabs to my neck of the woods and we will go fishing at RAT LAKE. You and your buddies are the lowest form of life among all working men and women. Your day will come and not nearly soon enough. To all who are waging this battle against one of the most greedy and mismanaged corporations in the utility business, don't hesitate to ask if assistance of any kind is needed. Stay united and you will prevail.

electriklady
07-05-2009, 01:54 PM
:mad:Oh, Little Scab with your finger gesture to the Brothers and Sisters on the picket line. Bring your bunch of low life bottom feeding scabs to my neck of the woods and we will go fishing at RAT LAKE. You and your buddies are the lowest form of life among all working men and women. Your day will come and not nearly soon enough. To all who are waging this battle against one of the most greedy corporations in the utility business, don't hesitate to ask if assistance of any kind is needed. Stay united and you will prevail.

Wud,
Thanks for your support, the support we see on here makes one proud to be a union member........:D

IN SOLIDARITY

OLE' SORE KNEES
07-05-2009, 03:16 PM
Wud,
Thanks for your support, the support we see on here makes one proud to be a union member........:D

IN SOLIDARITY

You guys have the support from the brothers of FPL also,corp. greed is amuck everywhere. We as union members need to stick together Nationwide to beat this corp. monster.
FPL offered us a 2% raise with a change to medical from 80/20 split to 50/50 split........what a deal . We voted it down statewide with an overwhelming voice of 2488-REJECT 20-ACCEPT.
CEO got an 11% increase,VP got an 22% increase,some over 3.6 MILLION in an increase and they offer 2% for a workforce that work hurricanes almost everyear non stop.Now in retaliation because of the reject vote,FPL wants us to call them and ask permission to go the restroom, This will bite them in the arse with labor laws out there for sure.
Stay Strong...............Ole' Sore Knees

electriklady
07-05-2009, 03:30 PM
You guys have the support from the brothers of FPL also,corp. greed is amuck everywhere. We as union members need to stick together Nationwide to beat this corp. monster.
FPL offered us a 2% raise with a change to medical from 80/20 split to 50/50 split........what a deal . We voted it down statewide with an overwhelming voice of 2488-REJECT 20-ACCEPT.
CEO got an 11% increase,VP got an 22% increase,some over 3.6 MILLION in an increase and they offer 2% for a workforce that work hurricanes almost everyear non stop.Now in retaliation because of the reject vote,FPL wants us to call them and ask permission to go the restroom, This will bite them in the arse with labor laws out there for sure.
Stay Strong...............Ole' Sore Knees

I have an evil idea that might shut down their demand to ask permission to go to the restroom, but it is simply too gross to put on here. Let me just say it involves ziplock baggies and management desks at the end of the day, you guys can fill in the blanks....or as it is, the bags.....lol Hang tough, we are with ya in spirit!!!!!!!!!;):D

OLE' SORE KNEES
07-05-2009, 03:51 PM
Lol....................

WCLR
07-06-2009, 12:07 AM
a-holes from the south called mas tec on our property

This is not surprising. Its not their first picket cross and wont be their last. Hope 459 holds up. Its only going to get uglier.

I find the Chain pic funny.

From their own site:

"Chain has created a heritage of doing jobs right and character that never backs down"

Character? LMAO!

OLE' SORE KNEES
07-06-2009, 05:10 PM
Just keep a close eye with a camera, most mastec employees are good at breaking down OSHA rules,do it in pairs,buddy system as a witness,photo,time and place and give the violation to OSHA.Break them from within even though you're not working but as a concerned citizen.

climbing high
07-06-2009, 07:16 PM
Thank you for the information! I'm from local 459 I think I speak for everybody and want to thank every brother for their support! We must and we will bring these bastards down. Thanks again brothers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

n&jplus2
07-06-2009, 08:01 PM
come one come all to the 459 union rally on July the 8th bring your family & friends so that everyone can see what solidarity looks like. As long as we all stick together we can over come anything. " If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, " Move from here to there", and it will move; nothing will be impossible for you"
Matthew 17:20

WCLR
07-06-2009, 08:19 PM
come one come all to the 459 union rally on July the 8th bring your family & friends so that everyone can see what solidarity looks like. As long as we all stick together we can over come anything. " If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, " Move from here to there", and it will move; nothing will be impossible for you"
Matthew 17:20

Good luck. I would even contact local news and newspapers so you can get all the exposure you can. If they show up and there is a buttload of people there, it just shows that people are supporting you even if they are family or non-union members. Just a thought:cool:

500kv-sub-guy
07-06-2009, 09:34 PM
i was in a local bar today an the dam scabs from jersey were in there bragging about the money they were making in our district (459)i confronted them they said its all about the money.

n&jplus2
07-06-2009, 09:34 PM
WCLR
Thanks for the ideas. I believe that some of the other members of 459 have contacted local media. If anyone that is not a member of 459 and is in the Towanda, Clearfield, Erie, or Johnstown area @ 5 PM and would like to hear info on the strike feel free to stop by pull up a chair and listen to the truth about what is going on with 459 and first enemy.

loose neutral
07-06-2009, 09:48 PM
This rally is going to be awesome!!!! 4 locations statewide. We have notified the media, friends, family, retirees, local politicians, fire depts., police depts., township supervisors, customers, and industry leaders. This is one place the scabs won't want to be, that's fer sure !!!!! Thanks for all of the support we get on this board, we definitely appreciate it ALL. We are staying together as one and will fight till the end and It's nice to know that someone's got our back. SOLIDARITY BROTHERS AND SISTERS !!!!!

WCLR
07-07-2009, 12:08 AM
Sounds like you guys have it under control:cool: Hope yall have a successful adventure. I'm like the next guy, I hate corporate greed just like the next guy and I damn sure hate to see a company try to railroad the "heart" of the company. We are in hard times and I hope yall stand up and bust their ass:D

loodvig
07-07-2009, 08:41 AM
i was in a local bar today an the dam scabs from jersey were in there bragging about the money they were making in our district (459)i confronted them they said its all about the money.
Who are the scabs? What company?

electriklady
07-07-2009, 08:55 AM
Who are the scabs? What company?

In our area we have chain electric out of mississippi and others have said a company called mastec has been seen, looks like they are based in southern florida

WCLR
07-07-2009, 02:41 PM
In our area we have chain electric out of mississippi and others have said a company called mastec has been seen, looks like they are based in southern florida

They are based out of Miami FL. Owned by Jorge (sp?) Mas.

500kv-sub-guy
07-07-2009, 03:06 PM
im a assuming they are the administration from jersey came here to drive our penelec trucks.just like when jersey was on strike.our administrtion went there an drove there trucks.there here from ohio too.to me they are scabs too.if they arent union

loose neutral
07-07-2009, 06:00 PM
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/scab%5B1%5D No matter where they are from, they still fall under the definition.:mad:

OLE' SORE KNEES
07-07-2009, 06:34 PM
Alot has been passed down in tradition Brothers, Stay Strong to your roots...........

http://www.ibew.org/IBEW/history/1890_1897.htm

ClimbingFool
07-07-2009, 08:05 PM
Just got word that the negotiations are to resume this Friday July 10th at 10:00am. Big change this time Brothers and Sisters.....A Federal Mediator will be present! There is hope and believe me there is a big guy upstairs watching and those that deserve there's will get there's! Also the unemployment decision is to be made this week...just got off the phone with the Harrisburg review committee and got this info! Things are looking up 459 in SOLIDARITY we stand stay united and see you all at the rally tomorrow....I have brothers, grandmas,grandpas nieces and neighbors to show support for us....Its gonna be awesome!

Lizzy Bordon
07-07-2009, 11:07 PM
Watch the unemployment. We got it after we got back to work. FE appealed the decision and then unemployment wanted their money back. Then the union appealed it and back and forth. FE wonders why they do not have any money. I wonder if Tony Alexander is a big ass at home also.....he is sucking the company dry with dumb ass decisions. How the heck did he ever get his job. I remember when FE was buying out GPU and we researched them and saw all the error's, crappy equipment, talked to employees and knew we were screwed. We could not figure out how a little dick squad could buy out a much larger power company..........monopoly.........not at FE.......more like Monkey F#$king a football.

ClimbingFool
07-08-2009, 06:40 AM
Remember Lizzy that was a merger not a buy out by FE.....thats what all penelecrs were told from day one yeah right...LMFAO!....When they came into the MERGER meetings GPU people brought their laptops, cellphones and briefcases and FE people had a tablet of paper and pencil....GO FIGURE SMOKE SCREEN FROM THE F@#$%%#G start!
We heard about all the appeals with your unemployment at JCPL but if we do get it we can hoard it in a bank account, draw interest on it and maybe never pay it back....scaring myself starting to sound like something FE would do!
All are invited to the UNION RALLY today at the Towanda court house on Main St. Route 6 @ 5pm. We have TV stations and newspaper reporters to be on hand for a statewide press release to the public.....an informational session to get the public up to speed about you know who!!!!!!!Wear your red shirts in SOLIDARITY!

chain-hoist
07-08-2009, 08:17 AM
we were chasing the scabs from ass tec the other day, seems they brought in
fresh meat [all they are is meat,rotten meat]
new asses are alot cockier,stopped at an intersection and the ass puts truck in reverse, starts to back-up. I don't know, but i was raised to respect other
people, and i sure wouldn't go in someone else's territory and take their job
really hate these ASS HOLES from ass tec, I hope they get whats coming
to them

loose neutral
07-08-2009, 02:11 PM
This really shows how First Enemy tries to blow smoke up the public's ass. This is par for the course when it comes to this so called utility. F$%king FIFOs !!!http://www.sungazette.com/page/content.detail/id/529066.html?nav=5014

500kv-sub-guy
07-08-2009, 03:13 PM
just got the mail today an was rejected for unemployment benefits.guess i have to appeal it now.what a joke

Recurve62
07-08-2009, 03:33 PM
Hey Sub Guy, do you know if we appeal individually or does the local appeal collectively?

johnny cash
07-08-2009, 03:38 PM
we need to appeal individually.

Recurve62
07-08-2009, 03:41 PM
Thanks Johnny Cash

Avid
07-08-2009, 04:41 PM
777 Caved and accepted their contract.

I did not. I want to know where I can sell my red solidarity t-shirt :rolleyes:

WCLR
07-08-2009, 05:31 PM
just got the mail today an was rejected for unemployment benefits.guess i have to appeal it now.what a joke

They are going to fight you tooth and nail for that unemployment. The state could care less about you, but they sure love your money when that check was coming in. Funny how we pay for crap like unemployment but are refused it when we need it.

500kv-sub-guy
07-08-2009, 06:16 PM

maybe the ones who voted for the contract can trad the red shirts for yellow ones

johnny cash
07-08-2009, 07:41 PM
maybe 777 should trade their IBEW cards in for UWUA cards.

energyguyreturns
07-08-2009, 08:23 PM
Now that I have spent a little time over here on this strike, i have a few comments:
1) I did this job longer than many of you have been alive
2) I'm not working unsafely
3) If I'm not doing the job as quickly and as beautifully as you normally do - good, it's not my gig anymore - but I'm keeping the lights on for the customers
4) I'm here because I have been forced to do so - I'm not trying to break your strike and I actually have some empathy for you all
5) Despite all the horrible things that you are saying to me, I find some humor in it, and I'm sure that in another setting we would get along just fine
6) If I worked for the same guys you do, I would go on strike too

Bottom line - give it a rest, i don't like being here any more than you want me here, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do

500kv-sub-guy
07-08-2009, 08:58 PM
Now that I have spent a little time over here on this strike, i have a few comments:
3) If I'm not doing the job as quickly and as beautifully as you normally do - good, it's not my gig anymore - but I'm keeping the lights on for the customers
4) I'm here because I have been forced to do so - I'm not trying to break your strike and I actually have some empathy for you all
5) Despite all the horrible things that you are saying to me, I find some humor in it, and I'm sure that in another setting we would get along just fine

Bottom line - give it a rest, i don't like being here any more than you want me here, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do

so you dont know how to say no.i dont care if you work safe or not i have no fealings for anyone who would cross a picket line.so your money hungry.an i think there is only one word to describe you i think it is SCAB.correct me if im wrong

splicerjohn
07-08-2009, 09:00 PM

keep saying that to yourself to help you sleep at night.. i guess if your company told you to rob a bank, i guess you would do that to?? your robbing not only these families that have the guts that you dont, but your future also.. your helping cheapen the trade..if any of these unions lose wages & medical, yours will soon follow..we all have a dog in this fight, weather your union or non-union..but you do what you gotta do scab.. karma is a bitch

johnny cash
07-08-2009, 09:03 PM
1. I don't care how long you've been doing "the" job. Now you are doing "my" job and I don't like it.

2. I don't want your empathy, sympathy or any other of your other emotions.

3. If you don't want to be here doing my work the easy solution is DON'T.

4. I don't care if you find my comments insulting, funny, or hurtful. If you don't like hearing them LEAVE.

5. We would not get along under different circumstances because you are a SCAB and I am picky about who I associate with.

You are probably the kind of person who sits around complaining about $4/gallon gas prices, yet here we are trying to make a point to a greedy corporation and you are stabbing us in the back. You get no respect points here so please take my advice and pack up your SCAB buddies and go home.

Lizzy Bordon
07-08-2009, 09:10 PM
If I remember right I did appeal unemployment separately but the union did file as a group also. Some people thought it was hopeless never filed (they got nothing). Like I said we got paid 4 months later all the back checks rolled in together. I needed the money and spent mine so hopefully I do not have to pay it back.

Met Ed is a real disappointment......what did they accept does anyone know......they are probably too embarrassed to tell anyone. The company probably wanted to bust a gutt laughing when they showed up in Red t-shirts. I wonder how many wore them, I bet a lot said they forgot what day it was in fear.

I really do not want to be mean........but here it comes........how do you feel now??? Would you step up to the plate and support them??? Poor Avid I feel bad for you....I know you have a spine, it really sucks and must feel like you were sucker punched by the company. At least you do not have a lot of time invested and can make out WAY better somewhere else. It stinks when majority wins and fear prevails. I know I voted not to go back even though I was broke.

777 better have one big ass check to donate to local 459 to support them financially........start a food bank for them, your getting paid get off your ass now and help them.

As for the Jersey bosses, I know they hate FE with a passion and they have to work or get fired. Some are a good bunch they will figure out a way to make FE pay, miss a meter here, forget to record a few poles here, sit through the confussion and the money goes down the drain. Imagine how many orders are falling off the trucks so nothing gets reimbursed. I must admit the bosses from the real JCP&L did treat us with respect durring strike..........they did not agree with FE. I remember them ordering us food through the caterer at the MGO and bringing it out, that was great.

ClimbingFool
07-08-2009, 09:34 PM
Listen up FIFO.... Your conscience gettn to ya and cant sleep at night? Probly so in a situation like yours crossing a picket line every day and stealing money out from underneath a striking man trying to make a stand! Your a downright SCAB just like the rest of the Chain and Maztecher A#@holes because you made your choice to cross over onto the dark side and treat everyone of your employees like dogshit! I hope your enjoying your summer SCABFIFO....cuz ive been able to enjoy mine with my family fishing and camping every weekend and do things around the house i havent had time for in the last 20 years! No means No SCABFIFO and until you grow a set of balls and tellem your not crossing any picket line youll lay awake every night with that guilty feeling!

loose neutral
07-08-2009, 09:47 PM

If you've been doing this job longer than I've been alive, than you should be able to do it faster, better and prettier than me. According to #3, you can't. If you are one of the FIFOs that I have witnessed in action, you ARE working unsafe and I can see why this is not your gig anymore. If there are so many of you who claim that they don't want to be here, why don't you all go home? They can't fire all of you, or can they? Get a set of balls and stand up to these people like we are. Let me ask you this, while you're out here doing my work, who is back in FIFO land doing yours? Maybe you are one of those NON essential positions and maybe you will be next on Tony's hit list. Don't worry though, I'm sure you could find work in Mississippi, I hear Chain will hire any deadbeat dirt bag willing to cross a picket line. As far as us getting along fine in another situation, NOT A CHANCE IN HELL FIFO SCAB !!! Bottom line is, we will not give it a rest, WE WILL DO WHAT WE GOTTA DO !!! Last but not least, if you have empathy for me, personally I DON"T GIVE A FLYING F#@K and you need to stay off this board !!!! :mad:

Lizzy Bordon
07-08-2009, 09:51 PM
We were on strike it was like 0 degrees, all we could do was go ice fishing, it sucked. I did get to decorate the house really nice for Xmas though. Neighbors commented had too much time on my hands decorated several hundred feet of trees, 26 inflatables with a huge one on the roof. Chevy Chase step aside......course we had dim lights since the power company FE sucked. I was pulling so much juice. I got outlets all over the outside of the house now so I stopped kicking the breakers.

electriklady
07-08-2009, 10:52 PM
To Energyguyreturns.....
You are anonymous on here so let me ask you a few questions, let's see if you will respond to them...do u have it in you to say how you really feel?
1. What do you think of First Enema cutting the health insurance of people who did a good job for First Enema all their lives, three years after they retire? Does that seem right to you?
2. Do you think these men(LINEMEN) should give their entire lives to a company who treats them like dogshit, and is just trying to get out of paying them for their work?
3. Do you agree with First Enemas mentality that the more miserable you make a workers time at work the more loyal and productive they will be?
4. Do you like your cut in salary, while Uncle Tony will still make millions next year, even with his lifestyle threatening reduction in compensation?
5. Do you really only have SOME empathy for us, now that you are actually doing our jobs?
and last but not least...
6. Dont you work for the same guys we do? Different faces maybe, same mentality, carved out of the First Enema handbook on how to be a SUPREME
A*#hole, and make everyone who works with you, for you or under you hate getting up in the morning to see what new BS we will have to deal with today, when all we want to do is come to work, do a good days work, and go home to our FAMILIES.

500kv-sub-guy
07-08-2009, 11:32 PM
what does first energy own wjac too ? stayed up to 11:30 to see the coverage of the rally.and they didnt even mentioned a darn thing about us what a joke .thought johnstown was a strong union town with all of the steel mills that were here an the steel union.what a disapointment this town is.:mad:

brokenxarm
07-09-2009, 04:34 AM
500, I can't believe there was not any coverage at all in the local media either. Here in Towanda, correspondants were visable to all along with cameras, but not one word in the media. Somethin' smells like a payoff. This was a big event for this 2 nickel town.

ClimbingFool
07-09-2009, 05:00 AM
Good Morning broken xarm! We are the top story on WENY TV 36 news this morning...just go to there website for the video...Good job by all brothers...we had a head count of just more than 230 people in attendance!!!

ClimbingFool
07-09-2009, 05:19 AM
http://www.weny.com/
This will give you the video feed if you dont get channel 36 news.

brokenxarm
07-09-2009, 05:29 AM
Thanx for the tv feed. This made me feel alot better. Time to go earn a couple of bucks for the family.

loose neutral
07-09-2009, 07:35 AM
http://www.thedailyreview.com/articles/2009/07/09/news/doc4a5567ae6c610623828392.txt

njchief
07-09-2009, 08:47 AM
energyguy was also active on the Yahoo/FE financial board during the JCP&L strike. His pretend sympathy doesn't wash - he's well known as a real scumbag so don't let him get you down. Turn the other cheek - that way he'll get to kiss both of them, just like he does to FE.

In solidarity,
njchief

electriklady
07-09-2009, 10:08 AM
I am sitting here with great anticipation, waiting for my mail to come, so I can go get my letter from Uncle Jim, telling me how fair and safety concious First Enemy is, and how our union just refuses to compromise on anything...blah blah blah blah blah blah blah, with a return address of 1 Plaze Drive, Towanda.......Geeeeeez....Uncle Jim I wanted to reply to you personally but I really dont think you work in Towanda.

It will be great to get the letter, as with the strike, money is running low, and I was wondering where I was gonna get the $$$$$$$ to buy toilet paper.;)

Stormtrooper
07-09-2009, 11:08 AM
Good job 459, you make me proud to be UNION and have the respect of many here in Alaska. " I would rather die on my feet then live life on my Knees". How are you livin it FIFO? I am sure your children are very proud of you!

loose neutral
07-09-2009, 11:39 AM
I just opened my heartfelt letter from King Jim, sniff sniff, gulp. I am really touched how he tried to woo me into looking at his side of the situation. If he thinks that a boo hoo letter like this will make us even consider giving in, he's got another thing coming. The only people I listen to are my union leaders, as they are acting in OUR best interests. I do thank him for his perfect timing in sending this to me though because my dog just sh#t on the carpet and I was looking for something to clean it up.:D

jrwhd68
07-09-2009, 11:45 AM
Energyguy please stop calling yourself a linman your an embaressment to the trade anyone that takes a foreman job just doesn't want to work, you had a choise you made it your a scab! how union could you have been! all the foreman whine about not getting any respect all of you took an oath at one time or another to uphold the IBEW bylaws and broke that oath for your own personal gain! Or to boost your ego ! whichever! I don't know about you but i don't respect anybody that can't keep their word As far as what you find HUMORUS on the picketline shut the video cameras off get out of your truck and i'm sure one of the true brothers will discuss whats funny and whats not!!!!!!!!

electriklady
07-09-2009, 02:59 PM
Good job 459, you make me proud to be UNION and have the respect of many here in Alaska. " I would rather die on my feet then live life on my Knees". How are you livin it FIFO? I am sure your children are very proud of you!

Stormtrooper....
To have the respect of linemen in Alaska for any reason is a feat......and I am not being a wise ass now, if that show "Tougher in Alaska" is a true indication of your life as a lineman.....whew.......Dont mean to sound all starry eyed, but I watched the "lineman" episode and was thinkin, "Dam, those guys are tough." You guys have my respect for just living there, let alone being a lineman.

As the strike wears on the posts of support are like a shot of adrenaline for us, Thanks for the support!!!!!:D

Edge
07-09-2009, 08:33 PM
Stay strong guys.... it won;t be long till they realize what shity work is offerd up by their scabs like Asstec... then FE will realize who the back bone of their company really is!!!

in solidarity,

Edge

energyguyreturns
07-09-2009, 09:03 PM
Sorry for the slow response but I have been busy doing your job today-the one you don't want to do!

Elektric Lady - You're right, I can't argue with you, what can I say?

NJchief - Hello again. Why don't you tell everyone how you pissed in the wind for nearly 100 days and didn't get shite! Nice going!

JRWHD - Man you are a tough guy!

union4life
07-09-2009, 10:30 PM
Energyboy you must be suicidal. Think before you speak. This is a UNION forum not a scab forum.

ClimbingFool
07-09-2009, 10:58 PM
We just uploaded the Towanda Union Rally which had over 230 people in attendance including the Union March! Go to youtube and search Union Rally IBEW. We took 55 mins. of video down to 9 mins of highlights....came out kinda blurry but its a great message from a great bunch of brothers and sisters! Local 459 Standing in SOLIDARITY together was awesome with all of you...were in this together and stand behind our leader Don Hoak and the negotiating committee 100%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Good luck with the Federal Mediator tommorrow gang!

electriklady
07-09-2009, 11:59 PM

Avid,
Just heard from a brother in 459 with contacts to 777 that your members voted yes to a contract that let WORST fu#*ing ENEMY officially divide you into classifications of "essential and non-essential" and thus a 2 tier rate of pay increase. Did they not see that this was a ploy to divide? Obviously a ploy that worked, if this info is true. And just who is essential, line and ee?....... thus making collectors, stores, meter dept., meter readers and mechanics, just pieces of sh*t, not worthy of the same percentage raise. Am I the only one who thinks that this is BULLSHIT??????:confused::mad:

loose neutral
07-10-2009, 06:08 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVNjl1Tk_Ic

njchief
07-10-2009, 08:58 AM
Rumor has it that FirstEnemy is having mega trouble getting and keeping contractors to work the strike and have fallen well below nitty gritty level of competent lineman. Disclaimer: that statement does not include energyguy as he was never competent.

Hope the federal mediator does right by you, 459.

In solidarity,
njchief

loose neutral
07-10-2009, 08:13 PM
Just got word, we have a proposal to vote on next week. Haven't got any details but we will see. If it's good, that's great, if it's a piece of sh#t, like King Jim's boo hoo letter, we will tell them it's a piece of sh&t and send it back to them accordingly !!!!! I'm really hoping it's a piece of sh*t because the summer's not over yet and I for one am having too much fun !!!!:D

people will forget what you did
people will forget what you said
but people will never forget the way you made them feel

energyguyreturns
07-10-2009, 08:52 PM
Just got word, we have a proposal to vote on next week. Haven't got any details but we will see. If it's good, that's great, if it's a piece of sh#t, like King Jim's boo hoo letter, we will tell them it's a piece of sh&t and send it back to them accordingly !!!!! I'm really hoping it's a piece of sh*t because the summer's not over yet and I for one am having too much fun !!!!:D

people will forget what you did
people will forget what you said
but people will never forget the way you made them feel

Glad to see that you are independently wealthy. Maybe, you made too much money to begin with. Why don't you consider your brothers and sisters that might be struggling a little bit, you mindless drone!

cantwait
07-10-2009, 09:10 PM
Energyguy, you need to get off this forum and out of NEPA!!! In case you didnt notice this is for UNION issues, you obviously have no sense of brotherhood as you are a SCAB! Loosenuetral , I'm sure is very aware of the hardships some of our brothers and sisters are suffering. And just like the rest of us doing OK he has supported them he certainley doesn't deserve a talking down to from a "mindless drone FIFO scab" like you. Now head back across the border and get back down on your knees for Tony like you are used to doing you a$$hole.

loose neutral
07-10-2009, 09:30 PM
No I am not independently wealthy because I am not a scumbag CEO who rides to untold wealth on the backs of ALL of his employees, including you scab. Maybe you should read my comment about the proposal thoroughly before you accuse me of speaking for my brothers and sisters. I said that I, as in myself, me, numero uno, hopes it is a piece of sh*t. I do not have to speak for them, as you have seen, my brothers and sisters have their own mouths and are not afraid to open them. The only thing I said that included them, was referring to when we vote. WE will vote together as one and WE will shoot it down as one, if that's what it calls for. You see, unlike FIFO SCABS, we as union brothers and sisters, stick together support each other, and have solidarity. As far as my personal financial situation, I have been preparing to stand up to this company for a long time now. I have been saving my hard earned money. Money I earned by working days and nights, in all kinds of weather, away from my family, just to keep the lights on for my customers. Meanwhile you were probably home, snuggled in a nice warm bed, thinking about how you can screw your union employees to get your cushy bonus. I hope when we get back, a storm rips through your area and devastates everything. When they ask me if I would like to go to FIFO land on a storm, I for one will politely say NO WAY !!!! GO HOME YOU FIFO SCAB !!!!!! :mad:

loose neutral
07-10-2009, 09:36 PM
you can write back FIFO. If I don't respond, that's because I am taking my lovely wife out for a drink. Maybe you could be out spending time with your significant other if you weren't here in PA being a SCAB !!!!

n&jplus2
07-10-2009, 09:44 PM
I'm with you loose neutral. I think that it would be nice to spend alittle more time with my family and friends. Since I know that when we get back to work it will be more of the same. Unless they can magically produce LINEMAN that actually would come and work for this outfit. But I guess Money is the only thing that matters to people like firstenemyguy and his cronees. Keep the Faith Brother and enjoy your time off for we will be back in the heat of it before you know it
In Solidarity

Bull Dog
07-10-2009, 10:04 PM
What is FIFO some of us guys don't know? Do you know this guy is a scab for a fact? Strange he would come on here just to stir the pot. Must be a real idiot. I am up north in the Midwest and I wish when our time comes we could stand up like you guys did. Of course things have changed recently in the government so that help I'm sure. Guys like this are not feeling good right now about whats going on with labor in DC. He must think if he gives his opinion on a union site the administration will hear him and we will all see the light. Go figure. Maybe he is one of those sucky boys. He is darn sure not too smart. I wish you all the best. What you do might just turn the tide. We are all watching too see how this comes out. The management are not the only ones that get together and plan our next move you know.

electriklady
07-10-2009, 10:16 PM
Bulldog

A FIFO is an affectionate term we use for management which stands for
"F*#cking Idiot from oHIo" He is a management person sent here to do our jobs while we are on strike.

Here is a little song for the Scabs from Mississippi and Florida, you might recognize it
Oh I wish you were in the land of cotton
ur time here wont be forgotten
go away, go away....go away
f*#king scabs

jrwhd68
07-10-2009, 11:02 PM
There is no need to respond to Energy Guy...he has no integrity nor ever will and is a coward. He's just trying to provoke us! So just let him run his mouth. He means absolutely nothing in the big picture. The only ones that will lose in this contract proposal will be his family, for he will be returning shortly, if the contract is worth voting in, we will see next week. Until then, keep standing together and we will prevail.

RLYTEK
07-11-2009, 12:10 AM
I’m a fairly new slave here at Penelec, just 2 ˝ years of a lifetime sentence. Getting hired with Penelec was a lifetime dream for me, my wife and three girls!! What a nightmare it has turned into! 459 is the first union I became a member of. Before 459 I never really thought about union members or what the point of a union was? When I came home on the evening that we went on strike, and played that message from the hall my oldest daughter (8) started crying …were going to loose our house.. where are we going to live?
“Reality set in!” Needles to say several weeks later I now under stand the (POINT) of a union, and damn proud to say I am a brother of the IBEW LOCAL 459!!! If I had to do it over again I would still say no to that piece of sh*t contract they proposed. And if the next one is a piece of sh*t you can count on me to put a check in the NO box.
I would tike to thank F’ed – up energy. Yes I would like to thank them for being the AS# HOLE SCUM BAGS THAT THEY ARE. Because without there piece of sh*t proposal I would not have had the opportunity to spend this kind of time with my family.
Yea money is a little tight, but I believe that brought us even closer together. That’s why I give F’ed – up energy a big THANKS! And I would like to thank all the brothers and sisters for your support and words of encouragement. Stay strong and we can bring these scum bags down. And by the way energyguy “GO TO HELL!!” :D

toggle
07-11-2009, 12:34 PM
heres comes those storms you needed now they will have 15 guys trying to fix a broken arm but they won't give you 3 men to fix a cpa with 2 circuits on it .keep the faith and call the puc for every street light out every arm that is broken every pole that is red tagged go to your town council meetings report everything have no mercy

Scalawag
07-11-2009, 01:27 PM
Pretty tuff on 777 arent ya Liz? Particularly since you found it beneficial to leave the Union and go into management. Sorry you got let go, thats a horrible thing, but your comments and pic posting go way too far....and I am not a 777 member, just an observer from jersey who supports both 459 & 777 in their efforts to get fair contracts.

electriklady
07-11-2009, 10:21 PM
My satellite keeps losing signal and I am hearing "rumblings" in the sky outside!!!!!!!!

The "chain gang" and "ass-tec" must be gettin a little water logged by now!;)

fastgta
07-11-2009, 10:41 PM
Pretty tuff on 777 arent ya Liz? Particularly since you found it beneficial to leave the Union and go into management. Sorry you got let go, thats a horrible thing, but your comments and pic posting go way too far....and I am not a 777 member, just an observer from jersey who supports both 459 & 777 in their efforts to get fair contracts.

Thanks Scalawag.....this explains ALOT.

Lizzy Bordon
07-11-2009, 11:17 PM
Things happen for a reason. I lucked out actually. It just was not the same. No one likes a strike and I certainly could not afford it. JCP&L has fire and they stand together as a family and I could not be prouder of that. FE knew they would strike again and meant it, that is why they got what they did contract wise. 459 can be very proud of what they are doing. Bringing down FE is not going to be an easy task.....more lawyers than brains. FE will spend their last penny to prove a point even when they are wrong. You can not reason with them, they just do not care.

You finally got your storm. I hope this helps. Hopefully it will be really hot tomorrow, no electric, no a/c and a bunch of pissed of customers.

cantwait
07-12-2009, 08:51 PM
Of course I'm disappointed that 777 didnt go out with us but I'm really pissed at the seven uwua locals that took pay cuts and made concessions while we are striking! Come on guys you shoulda told them to stick it till 459 was back to work. Are all uwua locals as company friendly as you guys?

loose neutral
07-12-2009, 10:01 PM
I agree with you cant wait. Those UWUA locals bending over and willingly taking it in the A$$ was a real showing of who they truly are. I too was very disappointed that we didn't get to have the 777 leverage, and they had the 459 leverage , but now, they might never have it again. If they do ever go out, I will support them any way I can, because they are IBEW brothers and sisters and they will need it. But as far as UWUA goes, I might have to think pretty hard about it.

mx-5
07-12-2009, 10:05 PM
your union is only as strong as it's membership...switching is not the answer..

jrwhd68
07-12-2009, 10:37 PM
uwua local 180 out of altoona did everything they could for us financially taking collection they walked the picketline with us sent over beer and water they supported us the whole way. I have nothing but respect for all of them! and i'm sure their union leadership did what they thought was right for their membership in their negotations. and if they ever need my help with this shitbag company i'll be there for them. THANKS GUYS!!!!!!

linedog50
07-13-2009, 05:55 AM
Did 459 reach a tentative agreement with FE?

ClimbingFool
07-13-2009, 06:25 AM
Hey Linedog the union and the company have an a contract that is to be voted on this week Mon. thru thurs. across the state and if an acceptance is reached work will start on Monday cuz it takes three days to PEEL SCABS and clean up the doo doo!

creecher874
07-13-2009, 08:05 AM
Found this at the Daily Review:

Published: Saturday, July 11, 2009 12:28 PM EDT

12:25 p.m. update: Stipulation of agreement reached in Penelec strike, union says

With the assistance of a federal mediator, a "stipulation of settlement " was reached Friday evening in the Penelec-union labor dispute, a union spokesman confirmed at mid-day today.

I.B.E.W. Local 459 union steward Keith Kinsman said the stipulation of settlement will be taken back to the members of Local 459 and a vote conducted in Towanda, Clearfield, Johnstown and Erie sometime in the next week.

Officials from Penelec could not be immediately reached for comment.
__________________________________________________ ____________

jerseyslave
07-13-2009, 09:09 AM
After having the state step in and force movement from fe, we were able to get a contract coming of the strike years back. But be ready when you go to hear the settlement, It may not be what you want to hear, just a mixture of what you want and fe wants.

Someday gonna beat this company, but it make take them financially shooting themselves first.

creecher874
07-13-2009, 09:48 AM
It usually winds up being a mixture heavily doused with more of what THEY want. We're the ones that have to stomach it.... Blech!!!!!:mad:

they bought us
07-13-2009, 10:55 AM
Five of our brothers are not being brought back! We have to grieve them back. FIFO,s say they don't make deals like that. I say we all went out, we all go back! They can stick this offer right up their greedy a$$,s. Remember solidarity!:mad:

brokenxarm
07-13-2009, 11:26 AM
Brothers and Sisters, Apparently I've had too much time to think about things these past 7 weeks. I have a question to present and perhaps the contract lineman may have better insight than us utility lineman. Alot of the companies are treating their workers like dirt. Period. Couldn't this come back to bite these companies in the a$%? When the stimulis programs kick into place, and they will, you can build all the green energy systems you want, but without a reliable grid, they ain't worth crap. Sure, the books at the halls are full, some with 3 pages, however, every power company is going to show up at the hog trough for the money to rebuild their systems and us utility lineman won't be able to handle large scale jobs. The books will empty, many contractor lineman will be able to pick and choose which job they want, close to their home area without a doubt. Many utility lineman that I know have turned their BA card into an A ticket. They may get the jobs farther away, but the alternative is to live under some of these ridiculous contracts. Many lineman may quit and go to the contractors, leaving just old timers ready to retire and broke dicks who couldn't cut it in the real world anyways. I have over 25+ years with Penelec and will probably call it a day under the next contract. Am I way off base or am I correct in this logic? Just a question that needs answered.

shortcircuit
07-13-2009, 01:44 PM
I am a member of local 459 who is about to vote on the contract proposal tentativly agreed upon between UNION and company. One of the dilemas we are faced with is that of do we vote for a contract knowing that there is no restitution for our brothers who were let go for standing up for what they truly believe in !!! Anyone can easily get caught up in the moment when emotions run high, and I for one say " NO MAN ( brother or sister ) LEFT BEHIND".

jerseyslave
07-13-2009, 02:04 PM
left behind why? We had one brother that becuase of a fight at a picket line was not brought back but won in arbitration. Years later. He now works for another utility.

THE TERMINATED
07-13-2009, 04:30 PM
:mad::mad:
Five of our brothers are not being brought back! We have to grieve them back. FIFO,s say they don't make deals like that. I say we all went out, we all go back! They can stick this offer right up their greedy a$$,s. Remember solidarity!:mad:

Thanks for your support. I hope everyone remembers that on vote night

THE TERMINATED
07-13-2009, 06:29 PM
I am unhappy with the unions decision to vote without all union members returning to work. " All where out together....All will return together" Being falsly accused of strike misconduct with absolutly no fact of any sort...except a scabs statement!! I'm 100% innocent. One of our issues was fare discipline, THIS IS NOT FARE and totaly unexceptable! Good Luck to you members who return..you will need it

Enemy Within
07-13-2009, 06:34 PM
Why should I put my family at risk for 5 guys who acted like criminals? I'm not happy with all of the terms, but enough is enough. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer. I'm going back to work.

THE TERMINATED
07-13-2009, 06:39 PM
Why should I put my family at risk for 5 guys who acted like criminals? I'm not happy with all of the terms, but enough is enough. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer. I'm going back to work.

Sounds like you need to get a company job and take your vaseline with you!

Enemy Within
07-13-2009, 07:02 PM
Nice response Thats the same attitude that got you fired dumba%@. Im not on hear to argue with a (former) employee. Anyway, shouldnt u b looking for a job:D

Does anyone know how they are going to handle our vacation when we go back? I have several weeks of caryover from last year and want to take it all. Any chance we can cash it in and get a check?

johnny cash
07-13-2009, 07:11 PM
I disagree with you, E.W. may have overstated it a little when he called you 5 criminals but 459 went out over contract issues. We stood together and got those issues resolved as best possible. We got the 24/7 removed, they weren't able to divide us into critical/non-critical (like they did elsewhere), we kept our 5%, our vacation remains the same rather than PAD (like elsewhere). If the goal is to do what's best for the membership at large do you really think it's fair for all of us to stay out for 5 individuals when we have a lot of members that are really struggling? Also from what I understand you guys got screwed and shouldn't have any problems beating it in the grievance process which you can't start until we ratify and return to work.

jerseyslave
07-13-2009, 09:03 PM
Sounds like you did fairly well on the contract. Just to not have the 24/7 is huge. If you have time for detials I would love to hear it.

electriklady
07-13-2009, 10:08 PM
Just my two cents, for whatever it's worth...5 people have been terminated and I dont begin to know the reason for most of them. Now is not the time to argue about whether they deserved to be or not.......That is not up to us to decide, As we were told worst enemy is not going to budge off of that subject. Justified or not, that is a matter for our union to settle.....we can support our terminated members in other ways......IF we return to work on Monday, it doesnt mean that this is over, the battle may be over, but the war will rage on. By standing together we have drawn a line in the sand, and if anyone thinks we would be going back to work for a new and improved worst enemy, they are wrong...but at the same time, let there be no mistake, if they think they are bringing back the same employees that left, they are in for a surprise. We didn't change them, arrogance, greed, and stupidity cant be changed that easily, what we did change though, was us. We found our self respect, we found our stength, against overwhelming odds, we found our brother and sisterhood, and we found a whole group of people around this country that feel the same way we do. We must not lose that ever again, working for worst energy or not. We are on the side of right, and if noone ever remembers us for anything else it will be for the fact that we were not afraid to together take a stand for what we believed in.

Stormtrooper
07-13-2009, 10:18 PM
Brokenxarm, I worked for Penelec for 15 years, going through the school at Philipsburg. My plan was to retire from them and spend my career living around friends and family in NW Pa. I really enjoyed my job for years and the enjoyment came to an abrupt stop when FE came along. Way to much time spent working and always concerned about the phone ringing. Finally I earned my letter in my file a couple of years ago for not taking enough callouts and it was the best letter I could have earned. My kids were all moved out and we wanted to sell a too big home and life was getting to be same ole,same ole. The wife and I decided to make a move and start over with me working out of the Union Hall as a Tramp. Last year I worked about 8 months in paradise and will easily work 12 this year if I want. Thats if I want and not someone TELLING me I HAVE to. I have a life again and thank FE for giving me the opportunity and reason to walk away. Now when the phone rings it a whole different emotion. I think it would be harder for a family but it is just my wife and I and my dog and it has been an adventure. I expect more and more Lineman to start draggin their bags soon as I don't foresee utility jobs getting any better. Most of the Tramps I have worked with just like the freedom. Thanks again FE!

NWPATroubleman
07-13-2009, 11:08 PM
hey i heard that 7 members were terminated not 5, am i wrong? so for the members that heard what the new contract is can u give me a heads up whats in the contract? I feel bad for the members that got terminated, i can see how emotions can run high and how those scabs can provoke us in crossing that fine line, Good luck to you that are fighting your terminations!!

Lizzy Bordon
07-14-2009, 01:10 AM
If you go back you deal with your pride. You feel you lost even though you may have gained minor ground.

When you hate to get up everyday not wanting to go back to the yard thats your first red flag, sunday come along and your sick to you stomach.

You will realize the day is coming when your so burnt that you can not tolerate the situation any longer Then you know it is time to leave. When you feel so badly about yourself than run.............youll be fine

brokenxarm
07-14-2009, 03:32 AM
I think you may have nailed it right on the head. As you can see, it's very early in the am and I'm already dreading the outcome of our vote. Yes, we've made our stand and have the 24/7 out of the agreement. Now, I have that nauseating feeling in my stomach. These past 7 weeks, I've been free on any job related stress. I haven't felt sick when the phone rang. If this passes, the battle will rage on. I'm thinking your right, drag up and make the most of the rest of our respective lives. We owe it to our families.

ClimbingFool
07-14-2009, 07:43 AM
Rockon Electriklady! We have stood together in SOLIDARITY through this whole strike with alot of advice from our BA. If our BA tells us that FE is not going to budge on the "innocent Five" then we should go back to work IFFFFFFFF this passes. And as we said last night we have alot of ways to get them back to work with us and put the pressure on FE to get them back to work. I believe we have solid cases for all the "innocent Five" to get their jobs back and they will! IFFFFFFF we do go back on Monday we will not just go off into our shithole lives again and forget the"innocent Five" because they are our brothers and they will get ALL the support they need from the other 525 of us! We need to take they advice of our BA and the negotiating committee and do whats best BUT NOT FORGET!

cantwait
07-14-2009, 08:57 AM
Enemy Within must be company

jrwhd68
07-14-2009, 09:12 AM
I believe that if this contract is voted in and we do go back there should be a mandatory donation of $10 or $15 a week from every 459 member too support the 5 members that the company cowards won't let come back!
As far as this being over when we go back I DON'T THINK SO!!!!!!!

cantwait
07-14-2009, 10:37 AM
Thats agreat idea we need to keep these guys goin. These guys arevictims of an evil company and I think they'll be back after arbitration.

Orgnizdlbr
07-14-2009, 12:28 PM
Just my two cents, for whatever it's worth...5 people have been terminated and I dont begin to know the reason for most of them. Now is not the time to argue about whether they deserved to be or not.......That is not up to us to decide, As we were told worst enemy is not going to budge off of that subject. Justified or not, that is a matter for our union to settle.....we can support our terminated members in other ways......IF we return to work on Monday, it doesnt mean that this is over, the battle may be over, but the war will rage on. By standing together we have drawn a line in the sand, and if anyone thinks we would be going back to work for a new and improved worst enemy, they are wrong...but at the same time, let there be no mistake, if they think they are bringing back the same employees that left, they are in for a surprise. We didn't change them, arrogance, greed, and stupidity cant be changed that easily, what we did change though, was us. We found our self respect, we found our stength, against overwhelming odds, we found our brother and sisterhood, and we found a whole group of people around this country that feel the same way we do. We must not lose that ever again, working for worst energy or not. We are on the side of right, and if noone ever remembers us for anything else it will be for the fact that we were not afraid to together take a stand for what we believed in.

Wise words ELady.

If the contract is ratified, go back to work with your heads held high. Been through it in Jersey.....FE understands that 459 is a courageous local that is not afraid to make a stand. Whatever the outcome of your vote, you stood your ground, be proud of yourselves....we are surely proud of you here in jersey!

jerseyslave
07-14-2009, 02:10 PM
They can be proud of the results of the strike also. While everyone has losses during the strike, They gained much by keeping their contract and preserving the wage rate.

Congrats and good luck

scamplineman
07-14-2009, 05:52 PM

It must be WONDERFULL to get up every morning and know that you have that type of work enviroment to look forward to everyday....................