Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
  1. Default

Featured Sponsor

?What's after the three day physical

Toyhunter

Your placed on a list of eligible to hire people. Do you have any climbing experience?

3. Default

Yeah I do. Do you get an interview or just placed on a list?

How much experience do you have? You are placed on a list if you pass. Then they select people to interview then they send you to a 2 week climbing school if you make it through all that your hired. What they use to determine who gets interviewed I do not know. However after this climbing test they will hire off that same list for the next 2 1/2 years. When is your test date?

and no not everyone who passes will get interviewed they select people to interview off the list. all your guaranteed if you pass is to get your name on their list. no way to know what will happen after that, its up to them

Also SMUD HR will answer all these kinds of questions for you if you call them

7. Default

I was a Ibew groundman/ operator for 6 years and now am an apprentice for the jatc but want to get on with SMUD really bad since I live there. I have any cert possible related to this trade. Hmm that doesn't sound too great it sounds like a luck of the draw of you get an interview.

Wink

Cal nev jatc? What step? All that experience will help you. If your in cal nev jatc and you get the job did you know you'll owe them money for the time they invested in you up to about 10k? Thats the only thing that sucks about cal nev

9. Default

Yeah I'm a 1st step and yeah I realize the money situation but I would write a check today to cal nev if I could get on with SMUD.

10. Default

Featured Sponsorr

Quote Originally Posted by toyhunter View Post
    Yeah I'm a 1st step and yeah I realize the money situation but I would write a check today to cal nev if I could get on with SMUD.
    Let me get this straight.. You took the spot of someone else who'd appreciate the opportunity to be in the CalNev progress & you would rather be somewhere else instead? You know how selfish and ungrateful you sound? If you was on my crew and you told me this I would be on your ass every sec. you'd want to quit the jatc.. Especially you being a 1st step it would be easy to get you booted out the program and get someone else who'd appreciate it more.