Thread: bad timing

Default bad timing

Featured Sponsor

Years ago while working nights running a urd radar van I was sent to help another one man truck.The only thing I knew was that the guy that needed help was pulling a double shift and he already worked one.We called the guy Giz...a sorta lazy type of guy that really got away with things that me or you wouldnt..but anyway.....Keep in mind that we had computers in all vehicles....well I arrived at the address that was given to me only to find that there wasnt any place near to park the van....this area was in a wooded neighborhood that had several million dollar homes and cars were parked on both sides of the narrow street.It was obvious that there was a large function going on....Im thinking maybe the guy somehow got his truck inside the property...like I said this was some rich folks mansion...and I talked to the people who apparently owned it...they said that the other lineman was there,but he left.....Im kind of puzzled and go back to my vehicle and try calling the guy...he doesnt answer his radio...well I call the service board and ask about his where abouts.......They tell me that he is out eating...hell he was the one who asked for help....and now Im there alone with more vehicles showing up and people walking towards this mansion that having this great big party with people in suits,butlers everywhere and a band playing outside....this was no beer joint band either......well after awhile the other lineman comes driving up and walks me back into the woods where there happens to be a opened-delta bank and which had a few clamps burned up....and the guy has the nerve to start telling me how we are going to repair this.........that means that he wasnt going to climb the pole if you know what Im saying......about this time Im catching an attitude with the guy....and we have one hell of an audience listening to me cussing him out.....Im not kidding,there had to be around 400 or 500 guest at this party and its already dark.....And the guy figures that since he was working a double that he wasnt going to climb that pole...man ,I was pissed,really.....but I also knew that it would have been too embarrasing for his fat a$$ to climb....well after repairing the bank I had to rush back into my vehicle and leave before I killed the guy.......But yea,,,Ill never forget that guy deciding to go to lunch in the middle of a trouble call.............but he did.