Default where is the work?

Featured Sponsor

Just signed the books in local 44 in butte, mt. , ibew job board says work in full swing, after talking to the folks out there i decide to go ahead out there. Now just sitting around in a hotel, 1000 miles from home waiting for a call out. If this is full swing i would hate to see when its slow. So help a brother out, where is the real work in the western u.s. for a tramp lineman? All dressed up and nowhere to go.

Default A lot of transmission going on everywhere

I know the feeling. Been there. There is a lot of transmission work in the country. Big infrastructure work. I always see the problems material ordering or click contractors.

Default you got it

Featured Sponsorr

You absolutely nailed it bobbo, especially when you talk about cliques among the contractors. Seems a guy wont get work on his own merit or by just signing the books anymore. More jobs seem to be dispatched through who you suck up to rather than through the hall. Used to be the system worked but anymore it seems like the same guys work for the same company forever, even after layoffs a couple weeks later these suck pumps are back at work. Guys just dont have the good of all in mind.