Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default PGE ALP and interview

Featured Sponsor

Goin to livermore this sat... only thing im stressin about it the memory thing.... exactly hows it go? take hat from table 1 to 3, take bat from table 1 to 2, and take glove from 1 to table 4....but throw a twist after they tell you that.. like start with the bat, then hat and finally do the glove in different order than what they named off the items first? or is it very straight foward..... Im just worried of getting to nervous and completely screwing the thing up... probably over thinking it but oh well... i guess lastly a few sample questions they ask? i know they do the star thing but what other kind of odd not usual stuff do they ask? also why do guys fail this thing?? ive done 2 assesments with AEP and were completely different than PGE.. defenetly a little more nervous with this one.. thanks guys
    Last edited by makohon; 02-27-2013 at 07:50 PM.

2. Default

relax man....they tell you what order to go in....they give you one minute to remember it. They will offer if you want them to repeat the order....the trick is have them repeat it again and again and again and again until the 60 seconds is up then say those words to yourself while your walking around getting they stuff.....see what im saying?

Good Luck! Let us know how it goes.

really wasnt bad at all.... memory wasnt bad.. just gotta calm yourself down.. but there were defenetly a bunch of guys who failed out at this test... my buddy did... hes a pretty smart guy that can remember stuff... he just got psyced out... interview went well... there was probably 100 guys on sat... one girl.... and im sure there was about the same on friday also... there looking to do 3 hireings this year and 60-80 guys...also there mainly hiring GC.. you need to top out and then put in 5 years at that rate to transfer in case anyone is wondering.. was told theres a 38% washout from this program... hope i get a phone call instead of the dredded e-mail... should know in two weeks.. hope it all works out

Is that 60-80 per hiring, or total? How long was the interview? What did the competition look like?

60-80 for the year... they want 60 people but hiring around 80 due to dropout rate... there were a bunch of green guys right out of school, guys that look like they have experience... guys from the utility side of pge, guys with no school or any experience at all and guys that looked like they should not be there... it was probably 25 mins total... i had two interviews with 4 people total... i was expecting it to be all hr people but they were all linemen/previous linemen and only one hr girl

expected to here more replies from others that went to this on sat... anyone out there that went? how did things go for you?

Default Couldn't agree more

I went there and I would have to agree with you on who showed up. I heard there were 100 candidates total between the morning and afternoon tests and that friday was only for interviews for people that have previously passed all of the tests. Im still waiting for a call and the closer to the end of the 2 weeks it gets the more Im starting to worry. I talked to some friends that all tested there too and none of them have heard anything as of saturday.

boom whats your experience if ya dont mind me askin? post up here when ya find out with pge, i got my fingers crossed... i need to get back on the west coast asap... tired of the east coast weather... i turned down a earlier alp back in sept cuz i had already accepted another job on the east coast and am kickin myself in the a$$ now wishin i went in sept

Featured Sponsorr

NLC and not much more then that. I have about 4 months with a contractor building transmission lines, I was exposed to a bit of everything and got a considerable amount of crane experience in, but it went so fast I didn't get a chance to get a lot of experience in everything. I also have 8 years in the USMC so I'm hoping that helps me out. The waiting game sucks, hopefully we all hear someting soon.