Thread: signing books

Default signing books

Featured Sponsor

I'm an apprentice for a muni right now wanting too go union. I was wanting more info on signing the books, if I sign as a ground man can I expect to get put into the apprenticeship? If so how long usually do you wait, or am I better off just applying for the apprenticeship

no

apply for apprenticeship

3. Default

I second that motion.

Alright I'm applying for local 245 apprenticeship

Apply for the apprenticeship but sign the books as a groundman while you wait for your interview... But I would recommend going to local 71 not 245!

6. Default

Did you look at Mo. Valley Apprenticeship Program? I don't know how many hours you have in at the Muni, but if you have enough (I think 3900) you can get a direct interview. They are booming right now. Tons of work. Looking for people. www.movalleyjatc.org check it out. You can also go to the Union Hall and ask to sign the Groundman book. It would get you in the door. Again, if you have enough hours or been to line school, some halls will put you on Book 3 instead of 4.

Good Luck!

Featured Sponsorr

I've got a year and a half in at the muni I'm in my first year books right now but I don't have much air time and when I've been up its either dead or street light work.