Thread: Creosote poles

Default Creosote poles

Featured Sponsor

A couple of days ago while driving I noticed 7 different areas,where creosote poles were placed...to me that was kind of unusual cause most times they are the cca types.Are the creosotes outlawed or not.Whats in the decision process to what kind of pole will be set....availability?

Default Over here

All our poles are creosote ...

They are dripping at the moment because the high temperatures.
    IF IT WASN'T FOR BAD LUCK WE WOULD HAVE NO LUCK AT ALL. !

Quote Originally Posted by bren guzzi View Post
    All our poles are creosote ...

They are dripping at the moment because the high temperatures.
    These wasnt dripping ,as far as I could tell,and its been around 95 degrees lately.Must have been freshly dropped off,they will though.I hear the northeast had a heatwave,for us in the south the 90s aint a heatwave,they aint used to the high humidity that comes off the gulf.Im guessing that states in the south have more cases of skin cancer,but I dont really know.

Q Bren....have you ever climbed a cca....they are soft,great to climb without the squeeze.about 55 feet up....too easy when your an older lineman

Featured Sponsorr

We still use some creosote on hi-line mostly because of the un-availability of tall CCA poles, we went to penta treated poles in the rear lot and man are they ever nice and soft to climb, I wished we could have convinced management years ago, CCA poles are harder than woodpecker lips and seem to get harder as time goes on.