1. Default Southwire Sure Seal

Featured Sponsor

How many other companies are useing this wire. It is the messiest stuff I have seen. What is your opinion of it.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Tunnel Rat View Post
    How many other companies are useing this wire. It is the messiest stuff I have seen. What is your opinion of it.
    Personally have no Idea what you're talkin bout. Never heard of it. What's your ***** with it?

http://www.southwire.com/distributio...sealduplex.htm
    “He who dares not offend, cannot be honest”
    ~ Thomas Paine ~

Florida in the winter Canada in the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Tunnel Rat View Post
    You think that is messy. In the 80's we were injecting that stuff into old primary underground cable to try and get a few more years out of old cable. That was before the cable was in conduit. Messy, Messy,Messy, and when there was a fault in that cable it was tough to find because the silicon gel would seep into the fault and seal it up. To find the fault we ended up plugging the fuse in and let it burn until it blew then hook the thumper up quickly to find the fault. Then replaced it ASAP.

Featured Sponsorr

"The product contains channels of visco-elastic sealant that flows into insulation breaks to prevent water instrusion and corrosion found after rodent damage, shovel nicks and other abrasions."

Oh that must be an absolute DELIGHT to cut and strip.

I can just imagine this sticky goop oozing out and getting everywhere.
    Portable defibrillators were first invented to save the lives of linemen. Where's yours?

www.bigclive.com