Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Default Line hose (*^&*6&%^& wont go on ?

Featured Sponsor

Ever fight trying to get a line hose on say 4/0 or 750 on any size really.A little glove dust sprinkled in the crack sure makes it slide on alot easier.

Dont come down the same way you went up
    Koga

Linemo Guest

Another trick on your hoses,guts pigs etc {whatever else you call em} is when you get your new ones to look for the ones with the longer lips on the bottom open side they go on so much better !Just in case you dont understand look at your hoses and if you have two different types try them and you will feel the difference but if you dont glove dust will be your best friend

Linemo Guest

Just remembered this after reading a post by Koga about purple cuff URD elbows being a pain here is a little trick when installing the probe if you look at the probe from the white poly end you will notice where the poly meets the metal load carrying part that there are two dimples on them just find the dimple closest to the threads and this lines up with the hole in the probe where your installation tool fits remember this and you will never have to look inside elbows again to try to line them up it will always work

Default magic dust

Tied in with a guy once, I did'nt know about glove dust on the line hose.

This guy dusted all his hose.

I went to slap on a gut .

Sucker was mid-span before I knew it.

Lightbulb line hose

glove dust works good but doesn't last ,try a silicone rag you use to wipe down sticks . works good and lasts a little longer than dust
    lineman641

Talking Line Hose

Baby powder works real well also.

Port Guest

Default Line Hose

Be careful with baby powder, some of it contains
    aluminum, which can create a problem.

Thumbs up Linehose

Thanks SWAMPRAT.

Been yousing baby powder for 40 yrs.Never had a problem yet.
    But I guess the next Generation Lineman see things We DIDN'T.

Three Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Swamprat
    Don't ya think all that aluminum in there just might scratch the poor baby's little butt Papa? :-) :-) :-)
    Probably not, since there's aluminum in most antacids.

We've started using a silicone spray. Works 1000% better than powder. Just be sure to wait a min or two after spraying. The can says the gas is very flamable, so I don't think you want to put em on right away.
    Just have your grunt swing them over his head like a helicopter for a little while.That ought to get enough air through them (plus it'll be fun to watch).

Three Guest

Featured Sponsorr

I'll get the name for you tommorow.
    You should rub some of that baby powder on your ass. It'll help your chaffing, and it smells good!:-)