Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Featured Sponsor

those scabs and rats ruin a good thing,if lineman stuck together who would know the possibilities,its not like the companies could replace well trained lineman,this trade takes years to learn,hours by the thousands,in all types of weather...who the hell would they really get when things get rough....somebody from subway that can make sanwiches fairly well,an insurance guy with a degree....a mailman....a football player that plays in bad weather maybe 4 times a year....its pretty sad the way they have treated us all as a whole,it can make a person sick.

Blog Entries

I'll say this Rep, yes there were scab linemen on our property in 04/05. There was also a non-union outfit from Delaware, I don't recall the name, who were sent up apparently unaware they were going to be used as scabs. To those boys credit, when they saw the picket lines they turned around and went home. I'm sure they left their job status in great peril with the employer..... I have the utmost respect for those men...

for the others that crossed, if you're reading this, you're all belly crawling whhoress....
    "It is not the critic who counts:The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena" Teddy Roosevelt

3. Default belly crawling ....

been watching the belly crawlers work and its scary.

supervisor scabs are struggling with the most basic job tasks. havent seen one yet that would deserve a satisfactory 1st year apprentice evaluation. if they ever knew what they were doing they forgot.

rat scabs are busy laying dangerous traps with half-azzed repairs and no concern for construction and safety standards. junk hands doing junk work, cheap and dirty.

gonna be a lot to fix or re-fix when this is over. hope nobody gets hurt.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FIFO fighter 665 View Post
    been watching the belly crawlers work and its scary.

supervisor scabs are struggling with the most basic job tasks. havent seen one yet that would deserve a satisfactory 1st year apprentice evaluation. if they ever knew what they were doing they forgot.

rat scabs are busy laying dangerous traps with half-azzed repairs and no concern for construction and safety standards. junk hands doing junk work, cheap and dirty.

gonna be a lot to fix or re-fix when this is over. hope nobody gets hurt.
    FIFO, bottom line is FE don't care about the quality of work performed while you are locked out, but I'm sure you already know that. Yes, there will be a lot to repair when you get back, there's garbage in the air to this day from our strike!! Our punishment for not complying with FE demands after we returned was no overtime!! So the garbage stayed in the air, we don't have enough people to do normal daily work, no less address issues that arise.

what, if anything are you hearing about 102? If you don't want to post it publicly PM me if you like.

hang in there man, been there and know it ain't easy!!
    "It is not the critic who counts:The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena" Teddy Roosevelt

Thats happenening here too,yea they do maintenance...but they dont have near enough people to even do that right,those days are long gone.

6. Default lineman A

Its makes me wonder where this will all go, 102 has had no contract since May 1 st of 2013 but put 180 out and theirs ran out in August of 2013. Maybe a scare tactic for 102 to sign?
    FE does not care what it takes to break you down , money is no object, made all our guys work Thanksgiving Day 10 to 16 hrs with no trouble and 6 guys drove 320 miles to put up a service wire. It will take the unions of days past to bring these huge corps. to their knees, will it happen?

Quote Originally Posted by boogerman View Post
    Its makes me wonder where this will all go, 102 has had no contract since May 1 st of 2013 but put 180 out and theirs ran out in August of 2013. Maybe a scare tactic for 102 to sign?
    FE does not care what it takes to break you down , money is no object, made all our guys work Thanksgiving Day 10 to 16 hrs with no trouble and 6 guys drove 320 miles to put up a service wire. It will take the unions of days past to bring these huge corps. to their knees, will it happen?
    That seems a little far for six guys to travel only to put up a service wire.....did you forget that its not april fools day yet.....speaking of that I still laugh about the april fools thread I created last year......seems like some of the guys here bought the story about a komoto dragon taking a lineman into his pen.....even had old man Poot thinking about that one

Default heres one 4 u

I never spent too much time trying to figure this one out ,but here it goes....the local union would always tell the union members for the utility not to start before their 8 o -clock shift....they said because the company would hire more people due to being low....now on the other hand working as a contractor with the same union at the same location nothing would be said if you started before 8 am.......So at times the union rep would be there onsite,on the dock watching some doing nothing till 8am and the other working ....and the guy says nothing .........confused?.........hell I didnt ask.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by reppy007 View Post
    I never spent too much time trying to figure this one out ,but here it goes....the local union would always tell the union members for the utility not to start before their 8 o -clock shift....they said because the company would hire more people due to being low....now on the other hand working as a contractor with the same union at the same location nothing would be said if you started before 8 am.......So at times the union rep would be there onsite,on the dock watching some doing nothing till 8am and the other working ....and the guy says nothing .........confused?.........hell I didnt ask.
    What work are you talking about? I assume you're talking about before 8 am for no pay, correct? What union would advise a member to work for no pay Rep?

Featured Sponsorr

Well it was the same union ,there are times when you want to get a head start on the day,sometimes its the small things,some people like to sit on the log,others may want to do something a little constructive while they are there anyway ,each to his own I guess.