Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pitman Polecat

1. Default Pitman Polecat

Featured Sponsor

Happy New Year, Does anyone have any experience with the Pitman polecat M45H-1T digger derrick? I think that they have full hydraulic pressure and I am looking for something with a high lift capacity. Thanks.

Umm mosta the new stuff has the settins so low thwy wudnt pull reppys head outta hiz hind end

Quote Originally Posted by Pootnaigle View Post
    Umm mosta the new stuff has the settins so low thwy wudnt pull reppys head outta hiz hind end
    I say..I say what did you say about my hind end

4. Default

I think this one is a 2001 vintage

Blog Entries

Am I wrong or did Pittman get bought out or sold?
    "It is not the critic who counts:The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena" Teddy Roosevelt

Seems someone bought Pitman and they are still made.
    Yes they all have reliefs anymore so it takes a pretty healthy boom to do what we used to do the wrong way.

I was hoping that Versalift would keep pursuing a digger truck, they demoed a unit for us probably 10 yrs. ago, it was a very nice unit, and looked to be built very well.
    Had more lifting capacity, more digging reach, than Terex or Altec could ever thing of doing on a single axle chassis.

I haven't seen any kind of a Pitman boom in a long time. Around here King RBD's were popular for a while .
    I worked on an older K10 that was amazing. In my opinion look for something a bit older if you want something that will lift, without being huge. Now we have a single axle corner mounted RBD , Commander, less than 5 years old . It is a very good pole truck, and will set a framed 75' pole!

8. Default

I think that Altec bought Pitman around 2010. This boom was from 2000. It still has hydraulic controls not electric over hydro like the Altecs. The spec plate shows max. lift at 26,000 and about 12,500 at 10 ft radius retracted on a corner mount if you can trust that.

Quote Originally Posted by Charliec View Post
    I think that Altec bought Pitman around 2010. This boom was from 2000. It still has hydraulic controls not electric over hydro like the Altecs. The spec plate shows max. lift at 26,000 and about 12,500 at 10 ft radius retracted on a corner mount if you can trust that.
    I've seen more line trucks that WOULDN'T lift what the chart said than I have that WOULD lift what the chart said even when proper boom extension and boom angles were followed, especially on the electric over hydraulic type line trucks.

10. Default

Featured Sponsorr

I have to agree with you there. I'm looking for either a Terex or Pitman setup, about 45 ft. Neither of these have the electric over hydraulic. Anybody have experience with either?