Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. Default

Featured Sponsor

I found the other end of the cable some one went to the trouble to remove it from the road. So the wire is actually 600 feet long. Also at the end of this wire is an additional 300 feet from an earlier fall. Searching bicyclehazard one word and national electrical code brings up 30 photos. This is just a sample of what I estimate are 3000 that have caused automobile accidents in the TVA coverage area. Generally you see one of these in a town outside of this area. This is no ones fault the lines are just old. However 911 operators need to understand these need to be removed as soon as they are called in.

if it was any of your business you would know

Quote Originally Posted by bicyclehazard View Post
    I'm in Birmingham Al at the moment having returned after a years absence. This area is not as bad as the lines installed by the TVA however I noticed a great increase in downed lines in 1 year. The guy wire shown is around 300 feet long and fell after rusting through rather than pulling an eyelet out of the pole as is usually the case. I managed to flag down an Alabama Power company truck and he said he would call it in. A short link is below as always they are GPS tagged. If you have suggestions as to how they should be tagged let me know. https://flic.kr/p/Q528yw
    Most of those pics are drain grates...City Hall may be in charge of those

I don think the TVA owns any distribution any place in the area they generate.

You need to grind your ax at the Public Service Commission and Alabama DOT, Snowflake.
    Last edited by climbsomemore; 01-25-2017 at 03:50 PM.

Default wires down

I have a sock drawer that needs more attention than these photos have to offer at even looking at!
    Birdog37: "Remember we're all on a journey in life, the only difference is, some people know it and some people don't."

Featured Sponsorr

Most of the time a wire down that has been left is telephone or cable tv, at least in my little part of the world. To the original poster, at least complain to the proper people , get a name, then follow up a bit later. Jumping on a forum and making unfounded remarks generally ticks of the locals!