Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    if it was any of your business you would know

Default so...

Featured Sponsor

In addition old Swampy... building a "closed delta" bank creates a problem with back feed on a 3 phase feeder when one phase falls down ahead of the bank location . The marriage feeds hot primary back to the stub side of the break.

Also.. when a "wing pot " fails on a closed bank the other 2 become an over loaded open connection for all practical purposes.

As you have proven...any idiot can run a set of jonnie block and clip wire.. pull pole stub with a ground rod an bull dog grip.

Your talent of getting some last word in is a god given talent.

The longer you stay the lighter the traffic becomes here.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by climbsomemore View Post
    As you have proven...any idiot can run a set of jonnie block and clip wire.. pull pole stub with a ground rod an bull dog grip.

Your talent of getting some last word in is a god given talent.

The longer you stay the lighter the traffic be comes here.
    Any idiot huh, mouth organ? I've been retired for 14 years. You ain't gonna bait me boy. I've watched linework turn into basically a job about any anybody with good health, physically fit, and half a brain can do nowdays. There ain't no thinkin Linemen no more. Follow the print. You ain't no engineer, just build what the print says. That's all the companys want nowdays. And like you have proven...any idiot can run his mouth like he's "all that". Go $%#& yourself. Maby the "Lighter Traffic" is because there's basically only one buffoon that seems to post completely irrevelant crap here anymore. And the fact, that the site has become so politically correct....ya can't post anything or have any discussion about anything but linework. THAT has been that way for years. Ya can only talk so much Linework. The way this site is run nowdays.... And then you...come up and post a post like you just did. I don't see you contributing siht to this site. I use to be a Journeyman Lineman...14 years ago. Linework has changed. I loved it and enjoyed it. And I'm glad I got out when I did. Thanks for comin back and baitin me. Nice to see I hold a place in your memory. :-) And that your dislike for me comes up every once in awhile and ya can't help but post something to bait. :-) "Still Here" clumbboy.
    “He who dares not offend, cannot be honest”
    ~ Thomas Paine ~

Florida in the winter Canada in the summer.

Give them hell!!! Sould we talk about the price of gas??

Default Oh No

Now you had to go and mention Gas! That'll cost us a hundred or so posts!
    "Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."

Florida in the winter Canada in the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Now you had to go and mention Gas! That'll cost us a hundred or so posts!
    Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha

6. Default

So...where'd ya go clumbsome? Just drop your little "Late nite" turd....remembering me...and then just fade away? Dman..... You felt it necessary to "Poke"... at a month old thread. Now...Ya Pussie out, and don't want to talk any more? Come on "Big Boy". Talk to this "retired" old burnt out...use to be Lineman! YOU the man!!:-)
    ~ Thomas Paine ~

Question You left Old dog behind

Quote Originally Posted by T-Man View Post
    OLD, they use 138.5 secondary tubs to get the 240 volts when they are hooked up wye. the secondary connections in the tub can be connected series or parallel. ours are marked (a, b, c and d.) if you connect (b to c) the result is a series connection and the secondary winding is longer to make 480 wye. if you connect (a to c and b to d) you have a parallel connection which will result in a 240 volt wye connection. I believe Poot is right about deltas on higher voltages causing Ferroresonance. I also think there was concern at the bottom line to have package three phase tubs on some voltages that had to be replaced, when you could store cheaper single phase tubs and just replace the defective one and not store a bunch of high dollar special units in case something happened. which cut down on outage time and costs.
    Go splain to Swamprat slowly Start with ALLEY CAT/BAD DOG, and go from there.
    Why did the first electrical workers feel the need to Unionize? To give you something to rail against? No. Because there was a 50% mortality rate in the business. Safety! IT IS STILL TRUE TODAY!

Default And 14 years ago!

Quote Originally Posted by Old Line Dog View Post
    So...where'd ya go clumbsome? Just drop your little "Late nite" turd....remembering me...and then just fade away? Dman..... You felt it necessary to "Poke"... at a month old thread. Now...Ya Pussie out, and don't want to talk any more? Come on "Big Boy". Talk to this "retired" old burnt out...use to be Lineman! YOU the man!!:-)
    IT WAS me,and Danny Brown blowing your your misconceptions of line work all to hell. Remember you tripping up a floating WYE high side,

Talked to Danny about an hour last week.I ask Danny to post, but he said you were no fun anymore. TOO EASY.
    Why did the first electrical workers feel the need to Unionize? To give you something to rail against? No. Because there was a 50% mortality rate in the business. Safety! IT IS STILL TRUE TODAY!

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SBatts View Post
    IT WAS me,and Danny Brown blowing your your misconceptions of line work all to hell.
    Poor Danny...That boy always seemed a few fries short of a happy meal. Probably why you liked him so much. Bein as he won't come back to "play", maby you can bring back the old Canadian. I could ask him if now that Canada has completely gone Left with another Trudeau...maby he would like Canada to become a state in 'merica. Good to see your fat ass is still alive! Is the Canadian? He hasen't even logged on since 3/13. I'd be surprised if he's even still around. How's that "protest Board" workin out? Ya know...the one the Canadian created when all you pompous union guys made when ya left Powerlineman.com? All 28 members of ya.....heh, heh, heh..
    ~ Thomas Paine ~

Default Swampy's Back! Again.

Featured Sponsorr

OLD's forgotten more than most of us ever knew. Been retired since 2001 and still preaching his old school knowledge- line work's still done the same way. Not true. It's kinda like having the lineman that's spent the last 15 yrs of his career in the office tell you how to do your job. In one ear and out the other.

I've seen line work change more in the last 10 years than in the first 25 of my career.

I admire Swampy for not wanting to let go of his past, but that's what it is- the past.

Swamp, relax. Don't run off the young guys. Being retired 14 years must be great. Batts sounds relaxed.

Reppy will be back soon.

Merry Christmas!