Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Featured Sponsor

I like a .380...have a colt...didnt like the price....must have been the store....Carters Country

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by cooperlab View Post
    I carry a .380 acp in my front pocket ALL the time.
    Have ya thought about tradin that front pocket .380 carry, for a springfield XDs .45 Carry? They are about the same size believe it or not.
    “He who dares not offend, cannot be honest”
    ~ Thomas Paine ~

3. Default

I personally carry, in my shorts, a Glock 30s, 10+1 of .45...NOT much bigger than the .380 pistol, you are carrying. Take a look at the 30s. I just look at the .380 as a "backup". I personally have no faith in it as a First Response protection weapon.
    ~ Thomas Paine ~

Quote Originally Posted by Old Line Dog View Post
    I personally carry, in my shorts, a Glock 30s, 10+1 of .45...NOT much bigger than the .380 pistol, you are carrying. Take a look at the 30s. I just look at the .380 as a "backup". I personally have no faith in it as a First Response protection weapon.
    What do you think of that as a ladies gun? My lovely bride is talking about having a handgun of her own.
    Note to self, just because it pops into my head doesn't mean it should come out of my mouth.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by duckhunter View Post
    What do you think of that as a ladies gun? My lovely bride is talking about having a handgun of her own.
    Honestly? If she has a smaller hand, the thickness of the grip on the 30s might be a bit much. Take her to a Gun shop and let her actually hold a 30s. If thatis too big, and she wants to stay with .45 then I would recommend the Springfield XDS .45 3.3" barrel. Otherwise she can NOT go wrong with a Smith and Wesson Shield in 9mm or .40 Cal.
    ~ Thomas Paine ~

Owning both SPRiNGFIELD xd in 45 and 40 cal I wud reccomend either of them

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Pootnaigle View Post
    Owning both SPRiNGFIELD xd in 45 and 40 cal I wud reccomend either of them
    The springfield XD and the XDS versions are quite a bit different Poot. I also like the Springfield XD pistols though. The XD's are quite a bit "bulkier" than the XDs's though. BOTH, Great pistols for carry and Self Defense. Hand size in the Springfield, for a woman, I think the XDS might be a better fit. JMO. Again....Ya can't beat that MP Shield too.
    ~ Thomas Paine ~

if it was any of your business you would know

Default wimmens guns

Quote Originally Posted by duckhunter View Post
    the last few years... my side business has had a lot of women pass through learning pistol skills or the CCW classes.

I will share this..

Let her pick out her firearm... and find someone other than a gun counter guy to guide her through the selection process.

Most micro 9mm and 380's are poor choices to learn to shoot with. Light, small grips and miniscule sights all add up to a counter intuitive choice. What could go wrong? It's cute, light and tiny...perfect for a "woman".

FACT... the smaller the pistol the higher the skill level is needed to succeed with it. The recoil is harsh ... sights are hard to see... and 380 is still a close range proposition as a cartridge. Bigger calibers in small packages are usually tough to learn with.... flash, recoil and results discourage practice.

Glocks feel blocky to the masses... learn how to grip the pistol correctly and a wide range of hand sizes can shoot the platform. My wife is 5-1 and runs a G 19 in IDPA... my sister prefers 1911's in 45ACP... both have been trained and understand what this is all about.

Small revolvers.... those are a standard suggestion from gun counter operators. Some women love em.. others trade to a better choice when exposed to it.

I had a lady show up for classes with 25 Beretta tip up an a Beretta M9.. after a few hours ...she found my loaner Glock 19 was a better solution. A couple of months ago .. she brought out that 25... placed 5 nice shots in a B27 with it and declared "it sucks"....she's got a Glock 19 and a 26 now. Many women will end up in 1911's after they get a little exposure to proper shooting skills....

My collection has improved... several PPK and J frame SW's have been sold to me by women who "out grew" them ....

Default Ill just assume

For the states that wont allow guns to be carried I will assume this is how they do it....dont laugh.....http://abc13.com/news/store-clerk-th...-spray/360044/

Featured Sponsorr

PA is a very good gun friendly State Reppy. You can check out all the states at www.handgunlaw.us

A great web site for all laws involving guns.