Default Socal Edison Hiring Process

Featured Sponsor

First off, I hate the new format to the site, my old account got deleted and had to create a new one. My buddy tested with me a the same time an we both passed. Its been a couple months and he has an interview tomorrow. I thought everyone that passed got an interview? Anyone know whats up with this whole process?

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ozzy View Post
    First off, I hate the new format to the site, my old account got deleted and had to create a new one. My buddy tested with me a the same time an we both passed. Its been a couple months and he has an interview tomorrow. I thought everyone that passed got an interview? Anyone know whats up with this whole process?
    Everyone that passes the tests together won't get the same interview timeframe. They are hiring on a month-to-month basis, with new hire classes starting every month. I tested at the same time as 2 other friends of mine. I got in first, one got in a month or so later, and the 3rd got in 2-3 months later. Once you interview, it's another wait until you hear about a job offer, which is definitely pending you clearing the extensive background check and drug test. You may get a "start date" of, for instance, January 2015, but if your background check takes a while to clear, they will push it up a month to February, so look at it as a "tentative" start date.
    It's just how their process is going, it's frustrating, but nothing you can do.

3. Default

yep.. i tested and then got my physical test like 2 or 3 weeks later.. then didn't hear anything.. kept applying and then finally like 3 months later got n interview, they made me an offer the next day and then started my bg and drug test the next day.. i start training in december

4. Default

i was invited to take a "5108 eei cast test. does anyone know what to expect... also what is the process like after the cast test? thanks!

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by mikiehb View Post
    i was invited to take a "5108 eei cast test. does anyone know what to expect... also what is the process like after the cast test? thanks!

the study guide is available online, study that it helped me.. after that it can be up in the air.. heard a lot of different stories.. people take months to hear back.. some people said it took weeks to get hired..so it all varies

6. Default interview

Featured Sponsorr

does anyone know what the interview is like for SCE. is it the STAR interview?