Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Todays info

Featured Sponsor

I happened to notice a North Houston Pole and Line crew stopping by a place where I ate today.So we talked a little.When, I asked what he knew about the accident this is what he tells me.He says the accident is still under investigation,and that they talked about it this morning in a meeting,but goes on to say that the lineman involved climbed above the hot primary,fell ,apparently onto hot primary and his safety was burned off after being in contact with the primary around 4 minutes....now he claims the fuses were 100amp.....I told him that I heard they were 80amps and when I told him about the paramedics he had that blank look on his face....

Quote Originally Posted by reppy007 View Post
    What was his name trig?I know a few lineman that work there,but lost touch.
    Grant Peasack

Quote Originally Posted by trigger View Post
    Grant Peasack
    Thanks trigger...you were really close...just mispelled ......Here are the details...43 years of age with kids and a wife.............https://www.victoriaadvocate.com/obi...t-keith-pesak/
    Last edited by reppy007; 12-18-2014 at 12:11 PM.

Not real clear on incident ,but sounds like while climbing through the primary something like a battery tool hung up on the phase and stunned him and he fell on a phase. Never climb above unless there is 8' clearance. Not all familiar with working rules there. What information I get I'm always commenting " you got to be ****tin me"

Not real clear on incident ,but sounds like while climbing through the primary something like a battery tool hung up on the phase and stunned him and he fell on a phase. Never climb above unless there is 8' clearance. Not all familiar with working rules there. What information I get I'm always commenting " you got to be ****tin me"
    I dont want to bash the Co.Theres lots of things that I didnt like about it.But they do have some good workers,if your son is working there tell him to try getting on Matt's crew.Everyone knows Matt.Cant miss the cowboy hat.He is a hell of a lineman .

Got another step to get on transfer list. I relayed the message. The kids thought a lot about Grant

Got another step to get on transfer list. I relayed the message. The kids thought a lot about Grant
    I can imagine,lots of younger guys really look up to the Jy on the crew.And then suddenly a death occurs.Thats a hard one to swallow.They work those guys hard there.Not many gravy jobs given to them.I know.I wish the kid good luck.

Default I can see that happening

Featured Sponsorr

Quote Originally Posted by reppy007 View Post
    THIS IS WHAT I WAS TOLD TODAY AROUND 1PM:I was going to James Coney Island to get a bite to eat.On the way there I noticed a utility truck working on a pole,now this pole is the same truck I wrote about with the cap bank on it.The one that Ive now seen 8 trucks go back to.....Well it was now or never so I made the u turn to ask about the accident .Getting out ,I walked up to the lineman on the ground.It turned out to be an old friend that I went to apprentice school with back in the 80'S.So I asked what he knew about the accident that happened last Saturday morning. .He states that its sketchy but goes on to tell me what he knows......here is the words spoken between us...........................He tells me that the crew was in the area spreading primary and that they already completed 7 or 8 poles.He tells me the guy climbs into the primary,actualy he says he went past the primary,on the new pole and that the primary burned his safety into sending the guy to the ground on fire and all,he also stated that the belt was all burned up.......I asked about the bucksqueeze,since I know little about how they operate...He said it was still attached to the pole.......As we talked he now mentions that the primary the guy got into was not tied in,he also mentions that there were tree trimmers in the area and didnt know if they had anything to do with that......He mentions there was a guard on a pole and one on the primary....which ones is not known......He says that when his foreman arrived the paramedics were still in the front yard and wouldnt go into the back until the foreman said it was safe to do so.....The guy lay face down on the ground apparently dead....still smoldering and all in the back yard.He mentioned the other guy really didnt know what to do when all this occured,in shock?.....so to me it looks like another brainfart that was just mentioned by Rob....Before climbing any pole ,hazards must be looked at.......By the time I left and drove off I realized that I didnt get an age or other info.....To make things shorter it looks like the primary somehow got in touch with the linemans D-ring........But this is the info that I got from the Centerpoint lineman.and even he complained that when these types of accidents occur ,it takes months to get info from your own company. NOW: One important thing that I forgot to mention....This was 3 phase primary fed by 80 amp fuses.....AND NO: the fuses didnt blow.
    So much steel and metal on that contraption to burn up on som ratty open wire. That contraption is the biggest piece of ****. We might as well wear a steel cord like the lumberjacks. Just hire a bunch of women to do this trade. And watch all your pay and benefits plummet. Because everybody can climb a pole. That contraption belongs in the dumpster. safety is the sacred cow now. We need real safety. Real safety takes hard work and knowledge. And you can't buy that from the company who probably endorses this site and begins with a B and is located in New York.