Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Featured Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Pootnaigle View Post
    Umm I dont bleve that insulator is part of the down guy but I kinda think its there to help support that busswerk
    Yeah Poot, it's there to hold the the buss tap, but take a good look, the guy goes through the hole in the single spool...... It ain't part of the guy it's just on the guy😳.

far as the cut outs go, we would mount them on the back arm away from the pots........
    "It is not the critic who counts:The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena" Teddy Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Orgnizdlbr View Post
    We ALWAYS tape the bushing that's not being used.
    OK...I just ever heard of that being done...so does that mean on urd,you would tape that bushing if it was not being used?Now you can laugh at me.....I have been known to use the smallest section of a yellow stick/pogo stick/extendo/scope stick....even guys here used to ask me why.....cause they didnt.....Im sure some guys here dont use it either. Its just that Im used to using it I guess.

Default a ladder

Maybe they should put a ladder against the pole,climb it and tape it,so that others will know it has no butt................http://abc13.com/weather/god-is-with...debris/573573/

4. Default

Just to add to the answers, you can't bank two banks together that have the dead bushing in a different place, even if they are the same voltage. Probably would never see it unless a contractor puts up a new bank on the system that is not aware of the standard.. maybe during a storm or something. Most here probably know it already, but it's good to know if you don't.

BTW, to the original poster, there is no such thing as 120/240 delta. You read 138 to ground with a digital meter, but there is no ground reference if working properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble1 View Post
    Just to add to the answers, you can't bank two banks together that have the dead bushing in a different place, even if they are the same voltage. Probably would never see it unless a contractor puts up a new bank on the system that is not aware of the standard.. maybe during a storm or something. Most here probably know it already, but it's good to know if you don't.

BTW, to the original poster, there is no such thing as 120/240 delta. You read 138 to ground with a digital meter, but there is no ground reference if working properly.
    Could you clarify what you mean you can"t bank 2 transformers that have different dead bushings as I am sure you can bank them as long as you wire each transformer for 120. You are correct the bank would have to be either 120 or 240 delta, but not both.

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble1 View Post

I assumed he meant this was a high-leg system. Three 240V transformers. One tranny center tapped and grounded. Gives you 120V to ground on A and C phases and 208V to ground on B phase. In the electrician world, the B phase has to be taped orange.

Mark

Umm my question is why wpould you wanna bank them 2 together? Thats kinda like restoring a chevrolet to look like a ford .Thems 2 seperate animals

Quote Originally Posted by Pootnaigle View Post
    Umm my question is why wpould you wanna bank them 2 together? Thats kinda like restoring a chevrolet to look like a ford .Thems 2 seperate animals
    Thats an easy question Poot....try some ole reppy

Quote Originally Posted by busman View Post
    I assumed he meant this was a high-leg system. Three 240V transformers. One tranny center tapped and grounded. Gives you 120V to ground on A and C phases and 208V to ground on B phase.
    That is correct. High leg to C at the meter in linemans world.
    Ground hugger

Featured Sponsorr

A couple of different things here, yes with a 240 delta you can add a 120/240 service to 1 transformer, but this does not give you 120/208 3 phase like the OP was asking. Secondly as far as dead bushings in different locations, on an additive transformer the dead bushing would be on the left and on a subtractive transformer the dead bushing would be on the right and you could use both transformers in the same bank.